December 22, 2014 | 1010 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by kerowynk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm very pleased with this face wash over all. After years of using harsh cleansers with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in my quest to clear up my skin completely, I decided to cut out everything harsh and see if my skin balanced out on its own. I did a lot of research on the gentle cleansers out there, and I decided to start with this one. I started using it about a month ago, and I also tried to quit wearing foundation (though I haven't been very consistent about that part). My cheeks and chin still have some active breakouts, but my forehead is completely clear and the blackheads on my nose are gone. My overall skin tone is definitely improved, with much less hyperpigmentation. I attribute most of the improvement to making the switch to cetaphil, but the reduction in makeup usage is probably helping me too.
I personally feel like this is capable of removing light makeup, but if you have multiple layers on (primer, foundation, concealer, etc), then you probably need something else to remove all the residue. I like to follow this with a little witch hazel toner, and I feel like my face is completely clean after that. All in all, if you want a gentle cleanser that won't irritate your skin, then I highly recommend giving this a try. I will probably try the Purpose gentle cleanser after I run out of this, but I can definitely see myself coming back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by mikee888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the only product i will EVER use on my face! this gentle cleanser has made my skin so soft, yet clear! after a few days my skin was so much clearer and now after 2 months, my skin has never looked (or felt) better. all i do is rub the cleanser into my skin for a minute then wipe it off with a tissue. soo easy! this is perfect for any skin type!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product as a secondary cleanser. I use it AFTER I pre-cleanse (to get my makeup off). It's very soothing and moisturizing. It has never broken me out. This does not work as a main cleanser as it does not remove makeup, debris, etc. very well. This is especially nice for my combination-oily skin b/c it restores the moisture into my skin right after I've washed away most of the beneficial, natural oils from my skin (ironically).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by nette92

I have very sensitive skin with eczema. My face has had an eczema break out for about 3 months. Anybody with eczema knows how much of a toll that can take on your self esteem. My face itched and burned. The only thing that would help me were those evil topical steroids, but even that I would have to apply once a week to keep my face clear. And those creams are not supposed to be applied on the face. I was so upset. I googled like crazy and found that many people with eczema use cetaphil. I've concluded that cetaphil is amazing. This is the only thing that has cleared my eczema breakouts effectively. Occasionally my face gets irritated so when I go home, I wash my face with cetaphil and literally within the hour my face no longer itches, is alot less red, and the bumps have lowered significantly. It is amazing.
Pros:
No scent
does not foam
does amazing things for eczema
price is great
didnt break me out
cons:
i hate the consistency. it feels like slime. i don't think i'll ever get used to it
it seems like this is just me, but this stuff dries my face like no tomorrow. especially if I use too much. a good moisturizer is essential with this, for me.

I made the mistake of rubbing my face with this while it was dry once. Wet your face first before you rub this in, because for some reason using it on a dry face makes it peel and crack terribly. It should also be noted this won't remove makeup. I'd suggest getting some makeup wipes (if anyone wants a recommendation I'd suggest Costco Kirkland makeup wipes, $12 for 150 wipes that never irritated my skin) to use before hand, then wash with this cetaphil gentle cleanser. Good luck to all you eczema ladies!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Musoukakitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Used this one well at a friends house and found it more drying and irritating for my skin that using the whole Proactiv system(the Original) WITH the mask...

Dunno I just did not like it or any of their products.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by skclair

I was experiencing really bad irritated, dry, red, itchy skin last winter (especially around the mouth & cheek area), and my dermatologist recommended that I switch to Cetaphil products – both the skin cleanser and the moisturizer. The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is on the pricey side ($18+), but it is gentle and works well with my super-sensitive skin. However, it works best on my cheeks-chin area, and not so well on my T-zone, which tends to be more oily. I find I have to use two different products for my face, which is a pain, but I have not discovered another product that works in the winter. Additionally, this product doesn’t really lather – I use a pump or two and rub it into my skin as a cleanser, and then rinse off (some people prefer to wipe it off with a moist face cloth, but I think either works). Overall, I would recommend this product for people with sensitive, dry skin, but keep in mind it’s not the best solution for the oily areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by butterflyforever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive skin and rash with most products and use cetaphil bar on my whole body and face for years works great baby soft skin never a pimple.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by evillittleme

This is one of my all time favourite products. My dermatologist recommended I use it when I had terrible cystic acne as a teenager and I have been using it on and off for about ten years.

It never breaks me out or irritates me.

It is a simple product, but one I will continue to buy again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by zila

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Me: pale, sensitive skin, tendency towards rosacea

Generally recommended for sensitive skin. Did not work, at all, for my particular sensitive skin. First time using it, it stung, and left my skin red. Second time, more stinging, enhanced redness. Third time, oy vey, the burning. Trash can. I suspect it was the combination of propylene glycol and sodium lauryl sulfate, ingredients I didn't realize my skin was sensitive to at the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by saweetcupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cetaphil is GREAT for sensitive skin. My dermatologist urged me to use this while I was on Accutane 6 years ago. It is what it is. . a gentle, non-irritating skin cleanser. It does not disturb the PH balance in your skin. If you need to remove make-up, use a make-up remover first. I work at a make-up counter and receive gratis for all kinds of different face cleansers, but this is the only face cleanser I will ever use! Very moisturizing and perfect, especially is you use Benzoyl Peroxide or Retin-A.