Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

3.5

on 9/17/2014 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this cleanser! I have extremely sensitive acne prone skin but this does not irritate it at all. I had no blemishes for 6 months straight, went away for the weekend without it and came back with a face full of pimples! Only downside is the packaging, should be available in a tube for travelling.

on 7/4/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I totally love this product. I ate something i was allergic. My whole face broke out, there were so many breakouts i was afraid to go outside. Which is unusual for me because my skin is usually acne free. My doctor said to only used the cetaphil cleanser and lotion for 1 week because my face is extremely sensitive. All the breakouts i got from allergic reaction disappeared! This product is my life saver and i will never switch to a different product. I recommend this product to everyone and they tell me they love it too.The cap for it came off after a few weeks of use though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really, really was hoping to love this stuff! Now that it's summer, my normally dry skin has changed to combination. I just ran out of the cleanser from pond's I had been using before and thought this would be the perfect chance to try something new. Well, the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser broke me out. I have decent skin so I wasn't looking for anything too fancy to clean my skin. This stuff though, man. It gave me horrible acne all around my chin, lips, and forehead and made my pores huge. Not to mention the red irritation that occurred after a week. I don't know if it was an allergic reaction or what, but all the problems started healing immediately when I bought a new product. So, this one is not for me!

on 6/17/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Cetaphil is just so harmless and versatile. My dermatologist recommended it when I had bad reactions to foaming cleansers, and an allergy to sunblock (does anyone else have this problem??)
As a cleanser you really just can't expect much, I don't mean this in a negative way, rather how you wouldn't expect baby shampoo to do much for oily hair. So if you're looking to clear out serious acne this product probably isn't for you, but if your skin dries out easily or you just want a daily remover more than water this is excellent.
I mentioned versatile: I use this as a moisturiser too. Cetaphil has its own moisturising products, but this is less oily. Instructions say that this can be applied without water so clearly there are no effects of leaving it on, and its non comedogenic so it won't clog your pores.

Really harmless, good moisturiser too, love it.

on 2/21/2014 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great for sensitive skin. I can't use products with salycilic acid (horrible rash) so I need a gentle product like this that won't burn my face. I used to use Johnson & Johnson Purpose, but it was too drying and left my face feeling tight.

I had a period of terrible breakouts last year where no product was able to help, including this one. Then I found out I was washing my face too often. I now only wash my face at night to remove makeup and in the morning I just rinse with water. I haven't had a breakout in 6 months.

I do use this product to remove eye makeup. The trick is to apply dry and then wipe off with a cotton pad/ball. Then wash your face with water as normal. Do not wet your face before removing any eye makeup or the mascara will just smear around your face and will not come off.

on 1/21/2014 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Honestly, this stuff is a lifesaver for me. I've been battling acne for the last ten or so years, and I have extremely sensitive skin. Until I settled into the routine I've been using for the past 2 or so years with Cetaphil, the slightest thing would break me out. I have combination skin, but whereas for a lot of people, "combination skin" means some dry patches and some oily patches, I get a super, super greasy forehead and nose, and extremely dry patches (read: eczema) on my eyelids, cheeks, and chin.

I was using all kinds of cleansers, both drugstore and high-end, until I finally saw a dermatologist who recommended I use Cetaphil... Best decision. I still get oily in the forehead and nose, and I still get eczema flare-ups every now and then (also, I tend to break out around that-time-of-the-month) but everything is so much more manageable and smooth and even looking.

My routine: Cetaphil cleanser in the AM with Cetaphil moisturizing cream (I think this is technically for body, but it works wonders on my dry patches and doesn't break me out) and topical benzoyl peroxide. Cetaphil cleanser in the PM with Cetaphil moisturizing cream and topical tretinoin. 2x a week I use my Clarisonic, and 2x a week I use a mask.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using Cetaphil for years, mostly because it's what my parents always bought, and I've just continued using it ever since. It's a pretty decent basic cleanser. I always feel clean afterwards, I really like how it takes my makeup off, and it's pretty good for my sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin.
After reading a recent article I looked at the ingredients and there seems to be nothing nourishing in this cleanser, but I'll probably keep using it until I find something better.
Been quite tempted to use Dove Beauty Bar after reading so many great reviews.
In total it's a good cleanser, used to be a good price but I've found it's gotten quite expensive in the last several years. Oh and don't bother using the Cetaphil moisturizer, it sucks, feels very greasy and I felt it burned a lot.

on 8/6/2013 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My skin freaked out when I used this cleanser. It was SO SO raw and red after a few weeks or so of use. It is strange to me that this is billed as a gentle cleanser when it has some very harsh ingredients (sulphates, parabens).

The Cetaphil moisturizer also made my skin very irritated.

on 5/26/2013 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you're looking for a cleanser that's foamy, bubbly, lathers and/or "soapy", this is not for you. It's almost like washing your face with lotion, however!!, it's a great cleanser for sensitive, oily or acne-prone skin, which I have aIl 3 of. It's a very soft and mild cleanser. You could squirt this in your eye and it won't sting, thats how mild this is. When I wear makeup, I find that I do have to wash at least twice, and doing so has never been an issue for me because it won't dry or strip natural oils from your skin. I've been using this for years and have found that, while it doesn't help clear acne, it won't make acne worse or cause irritation. My skin is extremely sensitive, so much so, that I can tell within minutes of using a product on my face whether or not my skin will react badly or behave itself. Overall I have been very satisfied with this product and will continue to repurchase :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The absolute best cleanser for my face. I have a nice complexion but its is dry and I have rosacea,which flairs up once every so often. Cetaphil has been my cleanser for many years.