July 31, 2014 | 995 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by butterflyforever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive skin and rash with most products and use cetaphil bar on my whole body and face for years works great baby soft skin never a pimple.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by evillittleme

This is one of my all time favourite products. My dermatologist recommended I use it when I had terrible cystic acne as a teenager and I have been using it on and off for about ten years.

It never breaks me out or irritates me.

It is a simple product, but one I will continue to buy again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by zila

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Me: pale, sensitive skin, tendency towards rosacea

Generally recommended for sensitive skin. Did not work, at all, for my particular sensitive skin. First time using it, it stung, and left my skin red. Second time, more stinging, enhanced redness. Third time, oy vey, the burning. Trash can. I suspect it was the combination of propylene glycol and sodium lauryl sulfate, ingredients I didn't realize my skin was sensitive to at the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by saweetcupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cetaphil is GREAT for sensitive skin. My dermatologist urged me to use this while I was on Accutane 6 years ago. It is what it is. . a gentle, non-irritating skin cleanser. It does not disturb the PH balance in your skin. If you need to remove make-up, use a make-up remover first. I work at a make-up counter and receive gratis for all kinds of different face cleansers, but this is the only face cleanser I will ever use! Very moisturizing and perfect, especially is you use Benzoyl Peroxide or Retin-A.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by dezichan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not using it now, but I did about 2 years ago. I l o v e d it because the bottle lasted me a long time and was a good price because there were sales and good coupons. It was great because my make-up was cleaned off and my skin felt feeling so very nice and soft. Unfortunately, they changed the bottle design to the pump and for some ungodly reason, my face never reacted the same! It burned my face, made it bright red, and dried it out. It was really odd. Thought it might be the pump, so changed back to the original cap from the generic store version. Still nothing.
Very sad because I loved using this cleanser. I decided to write a review finally after trying out the cream and also, I again tried using this cleanser at my friend's a week ago and still the same reaction :/

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by aperfectdisplay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is overrated. It does not get makeup or dirt off at all. It feels like I put slippery water on my face and rinse. I don't find it soothing or gentle. I don't find it anything. I have sensitive skin and always look for a good gentle cleanser and I've tried this again and again and keep coming to the same conclusion. It's just not that great.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If u have ULTRA SENSITIVE skin like me this is def for Y-O-U! I honestly can't wash my face with n-e thing. I'm talking water dries my face out but thise stuff works like a dream! It gets off my eye makeup just fine, no I don't use waterproof so I can't comment on that but I use eye make wipes just because I bought them but I def don't have to with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by MEOCISFAB123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love cetaphil. I first heard about the moisturizer from a friend in HS (10 years ago! I'm getting old!!!) and used on my legs. But then I got away from it. Long story short, when i hit my mid 20's, i started using bare minerals and developed acne. So horrible, I never had it that bad! After a year of living in hell, I went to a dermatologist. He told me to use cetaphil and he even told me how the cleanser (only the gentle) can be used as a moisturizer if my skin gets too dry. So I used it, along with retin a and antibiotics and it worked. I've even used this stuff as a shave gel..works great!

The only flaw with this cleanser is that it sometimes makes my skin too oily so I alternate the gentle cleanser and the facial cleanser. I asked my doctor which was better - he said they're both great and I can switch them up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by lhiannon82

I can't use a lot of products because they are too harsh for my skin. Cetaphil is the ONLY product I've used that didn't irritate my skin and cleansed at the same time. My mom's dermatologist recommended it to her and my mom recommended it to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by AnitaMarlene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I do not know how this is supposed to be for sensitive skin. It dried my skin out and my skin just did not have that 'clean' feeling after using it. The ingredients in it are not very good either. So if you have sensitive skin I would stay away from this product.