Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using Cetaphil for years, mostly because it's what my parents always bought, and I've just continued using it ever since. It's a pretty decent basic cleanser. I always feel clean afterwards, I really like how it takes my makeup off, and it's pretty good for my sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin.
After reading a recent article I looked at the ingredients and there seems to be nothing nourishing in this cleanser, but I'll probably keep using it until I find something better.
Been quite tempted to use Dove Beauty Bar after reading so many great reviews.
In total it's a good cleanser, used to be a good price but I've found it's gotten quite expensive in the last several years. Oh and don't bother using the Cetaphil moisturizer, it sucks, feels very greasy and I felt it burned a lot.

on 8/6/2013 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My skin freaked out when I used this cleanser. It was SO SO raw and red after a few weeks or so of use. It is strange to me that this is billed as a gentle cleanser when it has some very harsh ingredients (sulphates, parabens).

The Cetaphil moisturizer also made my skin very irritated.

on 5/26/2013 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you're looking for a cleanser that's foamy, bubbly, lathers and/or "soapy", this is not for you. It's almost like washing your face with lotion, however!!, it's a great cleanser for sensitive, oily or acne-prone skin, which I have aIl 3 of. It's a very soft and mild cleanser. You could squirt this in your eye and it won't sting, thats how mild this is. When I wear makeup, I find that I do have to wash at least twice, and doing so has never been an issue for me because it won't dry or strip natural oils from your skin. I've been using this for years and have found that, while it doesn't help clear acne, it won't make acne worse or cause irritation. My skin is extremely sensitive, so much so, that I can tell within minutes of using a product on my face whether or not my skin will react badly or behave itself. Overall I have been very satisfied with this product and will continue to repurchase :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The absolute best cleanser for my face. I have a nice complexion but its is dry and I have rosacea,which flairs up once every so often. Cetaphil has been my cleanser for many years.

on 2/11/2013 7:17:00 AM

This Cleanser did not cleanse anything :))) My skin is combination and sensitive with oily t-zone, I could not even take off the make up with this cleanser, broke me out and caused blocked pores. Hated it! Made my husband buy it for me in UK while on business trip, he was running through the drug stores searching for it and finally brought it as a present. I was so excited to try it and see the result MUA readers are posting here, well major No-No for my skin, I will stick to Clarince and Clinique Cleanser for combination skin, lesson learned, I should stick to what is good for my skin with historical track records ;))) No more Cetaphil for me :)))

on 1/30/2013 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I started using this cleanser after my skin became irritated from some ill advised fading cream. This stuff is great. It's fragrance free and super gentle. Just what my skin needed. It's not the best for removing heavy makeup, but if you wear minimal makeup like me, this could be your new fave product.

Edit: I've just discovered cold cream, and I can't believe how much makeup comes off. Even if you wear minimal makeup, it's more than you think. So I would recommend reserving the Cetaphil for A.M. cleansing only.

on 9/30/2012 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Eh. For a while I switched between this and Purpose cleanser. They do the job, but they're just... okay. My skin got oilier after a while. It's better than most I've tried, but it's not outstanding. My skin gets clean with this, but not radiant. I've been using raw honey as a cleanser - weird, I know - and it works better and has taken away a lot of my oiliness and I rarely break out now.

on 7/12/2012 2:00:00 AM

this is the most gentle and best cleanser i have ever used. this cleanser is able to calm my rosacea skin. i had tried a lot of cleansers and nothing seems to work like this cleanser.at first I use this cleanser, I had a few pimples and I tink my skin is adjusting to the cleanser, after a week, my skin is back to normal and is so smooth. the bad thing about this cleanser is that it couldnt remove sun screen and i have to use another make up remover to remove my sun screen.

on 7/4/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm very pleased with this face wash over all. After years of using harsh cleansers with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in my quest to clear up my skin completely, I decided to cut out everything harsh and see if my skin balanced out on its own. I did a lot of research on the gentle cleansers out there, and I decided to start with this one. I started using it about a month ago, and I also tried to quit wearing foundation (though I haven't been very consistent about that part). My cheeks and chin still have some active breakouts, but my forehead is completely clear and the blackheads on my nose are gone. My overall skin tone is definitely improved, with much less hyperpigmentation. I attribute most of the improvement to making the switch to cetaphil, but the reduction in makeup usage is probably helping me too.
I personally feel like this is capable of removing light makeup, but if you have multiple layers on (primer, foundation, concealer, etc), then you probably need something else to remove all the residue. I like to follow this with a little witch hazel toner, and I feel like my face is completely clean after that. All in all, if you want a gentle cleanser that won't irritate your skin, then I highly recommend giving this a try. I will probably try the Purpose gentle cleanser after I run out of this, but I can definitely see myself coming back to this.

on 6/2/2012 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is the only product i will EVER use on my face! this gentle cleanser has made my skin so soft, yet clear! after a few days my skin was so much clearer and now after 2 months, my skin has never looked (or felt) better. all i do is rub the cleanser into my skin for a minute then wipe it off with a tissue. soo easy! this is perfect for any skin type!