C.O. Bigelow Ultra Mentha Lip Shine

4.7

on 8/21/2009 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have been consistently using this for sometime and this is my favorite in the mentha lip collection. Love the minty scent and I use it on daily basis. I prefer to use on my bare lip for everyday and then over lipstick for going out.

on 8/10/2009 12:52:00 AM

I am using this on a daily bases (on the go) now, since this is cheap enough to just throw into my purse and use on the go. I love the minty and tingling feeling this gloss gives me. It also taste yummy and I feel that it gives me minty breath too. It is pretty moisturzing, I would say that it last 1-2 hours.

I am not quite fond of the applicator (slant tip), the dispensing hole is quite gigantic, so lots of product come out at one squeeze. If too much product is applied on the lips, it can get quite sticky and gooey. However I've always preferred the wand/brush type, so I might just be biased.

on 6/29/2009 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The only way I could see someone not liking this would be if they weren't a fan of mintyness or shine. I've been using it for years, and am somewhat addicted to the tingley feeling. The smell of this one is better than the spearmint or colored versions, in my opinion.

on 6/28/2009 7:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Nice minty scent & very refreshing. Gives you a beautiful glossy look, but is super sticky. I feel like I have to reapply often because the actual gloss dries out fairly quickly... but at least it doesn't dry out my lips, as many other products containing peppermint oil are prone to do. Lovely packaging, but I'm not a fan of the applicator, as the opening is pretty big... You have to be careful when you're squeezing it out, lest you find yourself with a hot mess on your hands! Kind of pricey, but I only buy when it's on sale anyway. I prefer this to C.O. Bigelow's regular Mentha Lip Shine.

on 6/26/2009 10:57:00 PM

I love this gloss. To death.
Texture--Not that fabulous. It goes on really thick on your lips and I don't like it.
Endurance--It lasts for a relatively long time. Maybe an hour or two when I'm not eating anything? I don't mind reapplying though. :)
Smell--VERY minty. Since I'm a mint-freak this itself attracted me to the product. I don't know if it actually freshens your breath, though.
Packaging--Pretty cute. It's a slant tip applicator, but it has a HUGE hole and a pretty big tip. Be careful how hard you squeeze it because a lot can come out easily.
Lip Balm Quality--It's pretty much a moisturizing lip gloss. When the gloss goes away, your lips are left really moisturized and so soft! I love this.

When on your lips, it gives a nice natural look, great for everyday wear. This is a staple.

on 5/28/2009 2:57:00 PM

i love this line of lip gloss a lot!
the color selection- pretty and natural on the lips,
the taste- very minty,
the smell- not overpowering and sweet,
the feeling- have a cool sensation on the lips,
the texture- not sticky or oil-like, just nice gloss,
the staying power- lasting than other cheap glosses,
the packaging is nice, has a slanted applicator..
the prize is enough for .5oz, and they always include on sale.
overall, this is a multitasking lipgloss that i dont have any complaints but to use this as my everyday gloss, i will buy this again and again.. no regrets..

on 5/13/2009 12:39:00 AM

My HG gloss! It smells and tastes minty, while also giving you that minty tingle too. What I love is that the tingle lasts for a good amount of time before settling down into a cool, refreshing feeling. I will never be without this gloss, and neither should you!

on 4/30/2009 5:31:00 PM

Yum yum
This gloss is clear, non-sticky perfection. It lasts longer than most non-sticky glosses and the just-brushed teeth smell lasts all day.
Because of the price, I don't use it every day, but I'll definitely buy the Ultra Mentha again.

on 3/5/2009 9:31:00 PM

I can't tell any difference between this and the original that is in the light mint green package honestly but I still love this stuff. I keep this in my purse that I bring to school and wear it all day long. I love the extreme minty-ness of this as well as the high shine. Very pretty,

on 2/13/2009 3:24:00 PM

I am obsessed with this lipgloss! It's smooth,moisturizing,glossy,and yummy all in one. It's infused with 2.3% peppermint oil and 0.2% feild mint oil, so it's extra minty. One tube lasted me forever, and my lips never feel dry after it's worn off a bit. I love love LOVE that the C.O. Bigelow glosses aren't sticky! I also love that it's clear, so it looks natural. I wear it all the time, and it's my go-to gloss when I do a super smokey eye. C.O. Bigelow also makes this gloss with tints and in other flavors.

Recommended for Medium Skin