October 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Lip Gloss - C.O. Bigelow - Ultra Mentha Lip Shine

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by porcupines

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Nice minty scent & very refreshing. Gives you a beautiful glossy look, but is super sticky. I feel like I have to reapply often because the actual gloss dries out fairly quickly... but at least it doesn't dry out my lips, as many other products containing peppermint oil are prone to do. Lovely packaging, but I'm not a fan of the applicator, as the opening is pretty big... You have to be careful when you're squeezing it out, lest you find yourself with a hot mess on your hands! Kind of pricey, but I only buy when it's on sale anyway. I prefer this to C.O. Bigelow's regular Mentha Lip Shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by CielHoltcombe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this gloss. To death.
Texture--Not that fabulous. It goes on really thick on your lips and I don't like it.
Endurance--It lasts for a relatively long time. Maybe an hour or two when I'm not eating anything? I don't mind reapplying though. :)
Smell--VERY minty. Since I'm a mint-freak this itself attracted me to the product. I don't know if it actually freshens your breath, though.
Packaging--Pretty cute. It's a slant tip applicator, but it has a HUGE hole and a pretty big tip. Be careful how hard you squeeze it because a lot can come out easily.
Lip Balm Quality--It's pretty much a moisturizing lip gloss. When the gloss goes away, your lips are left really moisturized and so soft! I love this.

When on your lips, it gives a nice natural look, great for everyday wear. This is a staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by ias23

i love this line of lip gloss a lot!
the color selection- pretty and natural on the lips,
the taste- very minty,
the smell- not overpowering and sweet,
the feeling- have a cool sensation on the lips,
the texture- not sticky or oil-like, just nice gloss,
the staying power- lasting than other cheap glosses,
the packaging is nice, has a slanted applicator..
the prize is enough for .5oz, and they always include on sale.
overall, this is a multitasking lipgloss that i dont have any complaints but to use this as my everyday gloss, i will buy this again and again.. no regrets..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by besita

My HG gloss! It smells and tastes minty, while also giving you that minty tingle too. What I love is that the tingle lasts for a good amount of time before settling down into a cool, refreshing feeling. I will never be without this gloss, and neither should you!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by cohnhead

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yum yum
This gloss is clear, non-sticky perfection. It lasts longer than most non-sticky glosses and the just-brushed teeth smell lasts all day.
Because of the price, I don't use it every day, but I'll definitely buy the Ultra Mentha again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

I can't tell any difference between this and the original that is in the light mint green package honestly but I still love this stuff. I keep this in my purse that I bring to school and wear it all day long. I love the extreme minty-ness of this as well as the high shine. Very pretty,

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by VOGUE1222

I am obsessed with this lipgloss! It's smooth,moisturizing,glossy,and yummy all in one. It's infused with 2.3% peppermint oil and 0.2% feild mint oil, so it's extra minty. One tube lasted me forever, and my lips never feel dry after it's worn off a bit. I love love LOVE that the C.O. Bigelow glosses aren't sticky! I also love that it's clear, so it looks natural. I wear it all the time, and it's my go-to gloss when I do a super smokey eye. C.O. Bigelow also makes this gloss with tints and in other flavors.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by missrachelkennedy

I've been a fan of the regular mentha lip shine for a while and I picked this Ultra Mentha Lip Shine up on a trip to Bath & Body Works (they were having one of those 6 for something sales that I cannot resist)...

I absolutely LOVE this product. It has the high-shine and smooth texture of the other C.O. Bigelow lip shines but it is at least twice, if not three times, as minty as the original.

As a big fan of minty frangrances and the tingling usually accompanying them, I think this stuff is great - definitely added along with all the other lip shines I have tried by this brand as my HG lip glosses. However, anyone with very sensitive lips or with any sensitivity to high concentrations of peppermint oil should probably stay away from this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by domokunn

I love this gloss. It's not too heavy and it isn't sticky either! :) It tastes like mint (mm..) and gives off a nice shine. They usually have sales for this so the price isn't too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by zaratesar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lip gloss. I love the fact that it is super glossy without being thick. The price does not bother me since the Bath and Body by my house was selling most of the C.O. Bigelow poducts for only $3. Usually they are like 3 for $15 which is also good because one tube costs $7.50. I own like 7 tubes because I am always leaving one behind somewhere but this lipgloss is the BEST!