Polysporin

4.5

Active Ingredients: Each grams contains: Bacitracin Zinc (500 units), Polymyxin B Sulfate (10,000 units). Inactive Ingredients: White Petrolatum Base.

on 4/15/2008 9:23:00 PM

I agree with all the raves. This stuff is amazing at healing pimples. I get cystic acne when I break out, and my pale skin takes forever to heal. I am often left with red marks where a pimple was that lasts up to a year .This stuff applied to a healing pimple speeds the process up incredibly, the closest thing to a magic wand there is. I too had fears it might break me out but they were unfounded. Unlike Neosporin (which I've never tried but have heard can be irritating to some skin) which has one antibiotic, Polysporin has three. To top it all off you can buy Polysporin in a formula that includes pain relief, perfect for that irritating, throbbing pimple. I put it on and forget I even have a pimple, usually waking up the next day to find it almost completely healed. One tube lasts forever ( I've bought two in the past two years) so it won't cost you tons. I would recommend this product to anyone and everyone.

on 1/31/2008 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this stuff! It works like a charm. Heals cuts and wounds by the next day. I have my doubts about medical treatments, but this is a staple for me, and will be till the day I die.

on 1/27/2008 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

100% agree with the reviewer below me. This is great for healing acne when I've been bad and can't keep my hands off my face. This stuff truly works and its cheap - a must have for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this is the absolute best product to use on an open blemish (whether you picked at it or it came to a head and drained, etc...). It heals it faster than anything Ive ever used. I also had some scaly patches from using Retin A that turned into actual scabs, and so one night I just lathered on polysporin on all of them. In the morning they looked and felt so much better, and after 3 days were healed completely (and I stopped using the retin a too). and I feared the vaseline-type base would break me out or clog pores, but for some reason it didnt at all. Amazing.

on 7/30/2007 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product is great at healing pimples that you've picked at. it heals the skin so much faster than not using anything at all. i do apply it every few hours or so to maintain the healing process. oh yes, and i use the cream version so it can be applied underneath make up where the ointment makes you look shiny and draws attention to the spot. a definite must have.

I am allergic or "irritated by," whatever you want to call it, by Neomycin. I had a mole lasered off and when it was healing I used Neosporin, but it got pretty infected. So, I used Polysporin and it healed up so great I decided to use it on my occasional breakouts as well. It works great! I've only used it on open breakouts, so I can't attest to it helping scars or partially healed up breakouts. For that I would try a fading products or something else.

on 2/25/2007 3:14:00 PM

Used this all day today since 8am a little last night, i put it on my face on 2 blemishes that have been picked at and i put a bandaid on it and i reapplied every hour or so and now its 3:15 and they are almost invisible. wahoooooo..i also but some benzyol peroxide on top of the polysporin and let it dry. it works try it... :)

on 6/14/2006 12:03:00 AM

i used it with a little BP and it is a miracle worker....

on 5/21/2006 1:21:00 PM

My new HG. I used to have alot of problems with dark spots once a pimple subsides. It would take months to get rid of naturally but now this speeds things up alot. Dirt cheap too. Highly recommended.

on 1/22/2006 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Like the other reviewers said, this is a great product to spot treat pimples. I also avoid Neosporin because of the irretating ingredients. I use this on pimples that not yet come to a head over a layer of a BHA spot treatments, and I use it a scabs, and it really does help prevent scaring. Simply, this should be in everyone's medicine cabinet.

Popular Treatments (Face)