Avene Cold cream ultra-rich cleansing gel

Avene thermal spring water, disodium cocamphodiacetate, myristic acid, peg-7 glyceryl cocoate, coco-glucoside, glycerin, sodium cocoyl isethionate, isohexadecane, cocamidopropyl dimethylaminohydroxypropyl hydrogenated collagen, sodium lauryl sarcosinate, ceteareth-60 myristyl glycol, beeswax, cetyl alcohol, orange oil, glyceryl stearate, propylparaben, rosemary leaf oil, salt, styrene/acrylates copolymer, triclosan, xanthan gum

on 4/15/2007 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

At last, I think I've found my holy grail of cleansers for removing makeup at night without drying my skin.
I was spurred on by reviews on MUA and I'm glad I did. This stuff isn't really a cold cream but has a creamy consistency. It doesn't lather as it doesn't have SLS but it thoroughly removes makeup and leaves my skin feeling soft.
I use Retin-A and most cleansers out there are just too drying for my skin. (I can't use SLS on my skin)
The price point seems to justify the amount of product in this case.
An excellent product that I'll definitely re-purchase.

on 3/29/2007 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall, I think this product is very good.

PROS: Large 400ml, which makes the price (~CAD$29) very reasonable. Convenient pump dispenser, easy to control amount dispensed. Light scent, no added fragrance. Great cleansing job, removes everything (makeup, sunscreen) when I am doing a thorough job. Does not cause breakouts (acne/eczema).

CONS: Sometimes the dispenser pump gets a bit clogged. Contains parabens.

VERDICT: I am reaching the bottom of my first bottle, and I have even recommended to a male friend of mine. I am currently trying to switch to paraben free, more natural/organic products, but if I cannot find one that works as well as this, I will definitely buy again. continued >>

I love this product at night to take off all the day's makeup and city grime and sweat and it leaves my skin so smooth and soft. It also does not strip the skin of its oils, so I usually don't need a moisturiser before bedtime.

on 2/17/2007 7:42:00 PM

This has proven to be an excellent product for my 'mature' acne-prone skin. I use Retin A and want a cleanser that is non-irritating yet effective. The 400 ml size with the pump is a bargain. I have used everything from Dove to Chanel and will definitely buy the Avene again.

on 2/12/2007 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Surprise, surprise! Typically a norm/combo skinned gal like me isn't too attracted to a 'cold cream' cleanser. Sounds too creamy and heavy like there will be a heavy film left behind, but lo and behold the reviews got to me and I got myself a few samples. I am impressed! I need such a small amount to remove my makeup (I still use a separate eye m/up remover) and my skin feels so clean and smooth afterwards. Even after a toner, the cotton pad is clean (I expected to find leftover foundation on the pad but none!)
I'm so tempted to give my 2 backup bottles of my old cleanser away in favor of this. Great stuff!

on 12/17/2006 12:22:00 PM

I bought this in Paris but it is available in the UK, just not as cheaply.. Got the big pump bottle. I use oil (grapeseed or sweet almond) to cleanse followed by this and my face is nice and clean and not dried out. I have combination skin and it hasn't got any oilier or drier, just been gently cleansed. Good basic cleanser.

on 12/13/2006 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Cleans my face very, very well, leaving it tight and sediment-free. Can give a drying sensation once spread over the face, but I think that's part of it taking effect. I use this everyday, even on days without putting on make-up, and it is such a huge contribution to the cleaning process. Love it. Will buy again and again.

on 11/6/2006 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This fragrance-free, soap-free cold cream cleansing gel does not have the greasiness that is normally associated with cold cream, it lather and remove makeup well. A little pea amount is all you required to get the job done. It comes in 250ml and 400ml. The bigger size comes in a dispenser bottle which is my preferred packaging.

Update Sep'07 I cannot use this on my face anymore due to Differin. I'm DSPT (Dr. Baumann: Dry, Sensitive, Pigmented, Tight) and this makes my face so tight that it feels like cracking - minus 1 lippie. However, I like this as a body cleanser.

Ingredients:

Avene Aqua, Aqua, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Myristic Acid, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Coco-Glucoside, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Isohexadecane, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylaminohydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Cera Alba, Cetyl Alcohol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Glyceryl Stearate,Propylparaben, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Sodium Hydroxide, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Tryclosan, Xanthan Gum.

continued >>

on 10/23/2006 6:33:00 PM

Update: March 2010. I decided to rewrite this review because the first didn't do this cleanser justice. I have been using this cleanser exclusively for almost four years now. It is amazingly economical. A bottle lasts six months, using a pea-sized amount twice daily. It cleans my skin perfectly, removing makeup without stripping my skin. I follow with a simple moisturizer and call it a day. I get compliments on my skin on a regular basis.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG For Sure! it took me forever to find the best cleanser for my stubborn Acne Prone skin and this is fanastic!

if you have stubborn acne prone skin, that gets alot of breakouts, this is so perfect because its soo gentle. i use it with Diacneal and have noticed a huge change in my skin.

Definately Avene is no BS