April 17, 2014 | 1973 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(1986 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated this stuff at first. No matter how I applied it, all I got was an ugly streak, nothing natural. The cap even broke and the stuff stained my bed comforter!! Years later I decided to give it another try. Why was this stuff so famous?

Now I found the best way to use it. I apply it BEFORE foundation. I discovered that if I apply it over foundation it dries too quickly and makes it impossible to blend. It does not look good on lips by itself, but with a little Benetint Lip Balm over it, you get a pretty rosy stain.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a rather interesting product but I wasn't happy with it. I prefer NARS blushes and the idea of having this fushia stuff on my cheeks was not too appealing. I caved and bought it ($26!) and although it DID look natural on me, I still liked my NARS blushes better because they have a shimmer to them. I ended up swapping mine away.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by SugarCelebi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is just OK. I got a little sample size using my Sephora points, because I wanted a red cheek stain and hey, it was basically free, and I'm glad I didn't splurge on the full-size bottle. I already have the ChaCha Tint and Posie Tint (LOVE the ChaCha, Posie doesn't do it for me), and I prefer the consistency of the other ones far more. This is very watery, so I feel like a doe-foot sponge would have been a better applicator rather than a stiff brush. It does stain your cheeks, and I didn't find it splotchy (ChaCha's one downfall, if you don't move quick enough). I haven't tried it as a lip stain. Mostly I'm just unimpressed because I used to use the Body Shop lip/cheek stain, which is the same colour, and I prefer the Body Shop one a lot more. I also don't like that it's scented - I just don't really like putting scented stuff on my face.

Overall, I will finish my little bottle, because it's not unusable. But I definitely will never drop the $35 or whatever for the full size.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by PotatoGemm

I bought this for the purposes of using it on my lips mostly, I find it works nicely as a cheek tint. It gives a nice rosy tint, which is great on my pale skin. DOWNSIDE: On the lips it settles in fine lines and cracks! Which sucks because I would have loved it if it worked well on the lips but it just doesn't, and it also tastes yucky if you accidentally lick your lips :/

For the price it is they could have made it more user friendly, and the packaging is fumbley and annoying. Overall it's a very average product, I would only buy it if it was in a palette/kit as a sample size for my cheeks. But not as a stand alone, it just doesn't seem worth it...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This product is an ok cheek stain, but I do not think it deserves all the hype that it gets. First of all, it is not fit for vegetarians as it contains carmine. Secondly, it contains parabens, which for the price that you are paying, should be able to be substituted out for something less questionable. The product performance is just okay, as the liquid has a tendency to catch in pores. A lot of blending is required to achieve the desired effect. This also stains your fingers. Overall, there are many gel stains which are less expensive and more effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by happyathome

The scent of this started me on a deeply profound appreciation of rose. That flower has now become an elixir of kisses and dreams. On the lips, it has stayed for a full six hours before reapplication. This crimsoned liquid has lasted on my cheeks from morning through evening, almost seeming to penetrate through foundation. One bottle of daily use can get you through almost a full year. The shade is universal as the amount of pigment can be controlled.
I highly suggest a steady hand to grasp the bottle and the other to control the brush to apply and replace it immediately in order to avoid any spills. Finger-blend right away to get a seamless edge. Apply a moisturiser then on the lips. As for cheeks, until you know your amount (three dots is the average start), you'll want to build it up slowly in very good/natural lighting, as it is easy to go from naturally flushed to obvious makeup (and we don't like scrubbing off stains...).
The only trouble I have quite often, is even when I think I am careful, I will find a small splash or two around my vanity or sink. For these splashes, I minus a lippie, I consider it product loss. I once found one on my white sweater, never to be removed.
Stained my life with a rosy kiss.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by samalmeria

I find that this product doesn't last for very long on your lips, but on your cheeks it lasts quite a while. I bought Benetint mainly for a lip stain but the span of it being showable on my lips wasn't what I was hoping for. The packaging is very adorable and I didn't have trouble applying it on my lips. If you want a natural color on your lips this would be the lip stain to go, but if not just stick to your good ol' lipstick/gloss (:

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by tessamen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this stuff! It gives a natural flush of color to my pale skin. I do 3 dots horizontally along my cheeks then blend up. I also use it on my lips to either punch them up alone or as a base for other redder lipsticks. I like the consistency and smell. Haven't found blending it to be a problem as others had.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I got this from Sephora as a 100 point reward. I can see how people don't like it, but I also see how great it can be!

Pros:
-lovely, rosy, natural, glowing from within results
-don't need much product
-stays all day on the cheeks (it lasted through a 16.5 hour day)
-can be used on the lips for a "I just had a cherry popsicle" look
-very portable (good for emergencies when you need a bit of color)
-can be applied with just fingers

Cons:
-price (I find it a bit expensive for something that looks like red food colouring)
-the applicator makes it hard to apply seamlessly. You have to work really quickly to avoid getting a deeper stain where you applied the product initially
-doesn't last very long on the lips

Also, this is rose scented which you will either like/dislike depending on your preferences.

Tips:
1) Apply this BEFORE foundation but AFTER moisturizer. The moisturizer will help the product apply more evenly/smoothly. Before foundation truly gives you that glowing-from-within look.

2) APPLY WITH A BRUSH. I use this with a dense synthetic face brush (Sigma F84). I apply the product to my brush and then dab and smooth it onto my cheeks. I have found that this will give you much more control and much more time to spread it out.

Overall, I'm really enjoying the product with the application tips mentioned above. I love anything that can do double duty and is fuss free. I'm not sure I would buy it at full price. I'm curious to see how it compares to Becca's Beach Tint.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by stantonangela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lovely, natural glow that makes my ghostly pale skin look a LOT healthier. Blends well and makes a difference without standing out