Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Brow Pencil

4.6

on 12/8/2006 11:30:00 AM

Another rave. I loved Kevyn Aucoin and miss his presence here, but at least his legacy of great makeup and great makeup application lives on...

This product is a amazing. With a light hand, I can get it to be a lovely taupe, but with a bit more pressure I can get it as dark as my near-black eyebrows! How can one pencil be so many colors at once? *shakes head in wonderment*

I consider the price for this to be quite good. At $24 USD on the Kevyn Aucoin website you may not agree, but let me explain: instead of wasting time buying inferior products that leave you disappointed and still searching, this product is the solution to whatever you've been wanting out of a brow pencil! It also lasts and lasts. So for $24 it's totally worth it!

The packaging is lovely and it's so easy to roll out just the right amount of slender tip to line your eyes, and it rolls right back down again to protect the tip when you're done. It's a lovely shiny burgandy pencil and that spoolie on the end saves you from hunting down your brow brush! What more can you ask!?

As I mentioned, this has the slimmest tip I've ever seen! It's great- I can draw individual lashes and fill in the most delicate spots without looking like I've taken sidewalk chalk to my brows. It's so subtle if applied carefully, that it can be used to fill in sparse eyebrows or those patches some of us might get. FABULOUS!

I will definitely buy this again and will also use it in my professional kit!

Of course you can purchase this HG product from Kevyn's website, but this can also be purchased at Beauty.com / Drugstore.com
continued >>

on 12/3/2006 12:48:00 PM

I am obsessed with eyebrows. After reading all the positive reviews on here i got it! It truly is amazing- but I AM SO SAD cuz i cant use it!!! I have naturally black hair and very light skin, unfortunetly this pencil was too light for my dark brows. I wanted SO much to love this because it REALLY is the perfect pencil ever created. I refuse to give it less than 5 lippies even though its too light for me- b/c it deserves only the best rating.

on 11/29/2006 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

After reading all this + reviews I went out looking for this. Henri Bendel and Bergdorf Goodman sell this. I am sure they will ship it anywhere. love it. My other fav is Vincent Longo blond , but this one is HG. Try it. You will not look back

on 11/28/2006 12:59:00 PM

after reading the allure awards for this pencil i got curious and went out to get it. well let me say... I WILL NEVER AGAIN USE ANOTHER BROW PENCIL. this is THE BEST BROW PENCIL i have ever used. thank you kevyn!!!

on 11/27/2006 2:37:00 PM

As everyone else has said - this is amazing!
Not quite sure how a one shade pencil can look great on everyone, but it obviously does. This beats all of my other brow pencils - Lancome, Clarins, etc. BUT my only problem is, this stuff can only be bought in the U.S (to my knowledge), and the Kevyn Aucoin website does not ship to the UK. HELP!
Does anyone know where it can be bought in the UK or Europe???

on 11/22/2006 1:45:00 AM

Love this! It one of those Finally Moments! I consider myself an Eyebrow Addict, To me I think it all begins and ends with the Brows. I have tried most of them, and this is it. I have been known to over-pluck, and this fills in my Yickes, just perfect. What I love is that it wont smear, even if its a warm day. I just wish I could thank the late Kevyn Aucoin, so I will continue buying his products to express my gratitude. Bless him!

on 11/4/2006 2:38:00 PM

there ain't nothin better. how have i lived without it

on 10/31/2006 9:48:00 AM

I have gone back and forth between pencils and powders in the past, and never been satisfied with either. Even with very careful application, eyebrow pencils can leave fat, unnatural marks, and powders can look fake, especially when they are applied outside the eyebrow hairs or in sparse areas. I have had problems trying to find the right colors also, ending up too light, too dark, too red, etc. Kevyn Aucoin's pencil is perfect. With it, you can create a perfect, real eyebrow in whatever design you want.

Update: As much as I love this pencil, I don't plan to buy it again. Physician's Formula Brow Definer does almost as good a job but at about one-third the price.

on 9/30/2006 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Okay, ladies! I have tried just about all. This product works wonderfully. It blends in so nicely with your own brows. I love the woolly brush on the other end for blending.

on 8/23/2006 4:32:00 PM

Love, Love, Love Mr. Aucoin's pencil. This is coming from one of his biggest fans and actually shed tears when I found out he passed. I love his products and think they're his little legacy that he's left behind. Thanksfully for me, Mr. Aucoin has found a way to make my bushy brows look natural and more defined post-plucking. I'm a MAC NC40/42 (in summer) and have dark brown hair. This is natural, not too garish, has just the right amount of pigment to shade, shape, and define little hairs that aren't there. I love the spooly applicator on the end (one less brush I have to tote around in my makeup case) and love that it needs no sharpening. One pencil can last for about 3 months with everyday application. I suffer from alopecia and much to my horror, parts of my eyebrows fell out about 6 months ago. I was left with a very patchy appearance. EWwwwwwwww...This pencil saved me until the hair could all grow back. No one knew half my eyebrows were gone. Thank you Kevin!

Popular Brows Products