C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint No 1138

4.6

on 1/1/2006 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Yuckk. Listerine lip gloss. The peppermint is too tingly and always seems to drift into my mouth immediatly- and NOT stay anywhere on my lips. The tint color is non-existent, and I find that this provides more shine then anything. Very little moisturization. If this were the last lip gloss on earth I would go forth boldly with chapped lips, rather then use this again. Oh and heartburn sufferers beware!!!!! This stuff found its way into my tummy and gave me acid.

on 12/28/2005 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

What a great gloss. It has a great peppermint scent that is actually real peppermint extract. None of that fake plastic crap. This particular shade is bright red in the tube, but once it is applied to my lips, it's a slightly more reddish shade than my own lips. Really pretty color. The only other red gloss color I like is Revlon's Cherries in the Glow. This one smells better and is a little thicker than the Revlon. I took one lippie off b/c of the staying power. It isn't the greatest on me, but the scent seems to last longer than the actual gloss shade, so that makes up for it : )

on 11/25/2005 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a cool product. it's hard to keep it on my lips because I just want to eat it off! it tastes like creme de menthe to me, or mouthwash - a strong, clean, alcoholic mint. the tint is very sheer, it looks like a bright candy-cane red, but goes on light. the texture isn't too greasy, or too light, it's just right. not at all sticky. i don't love the packaging, since i don't prefer squeeze tubes. but the gloss is a good staple to have around in cold weather.

on 11/16/2005 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I got this in the Lip Tint trio. At first when I saw the color I was a bit put off since it is so bright red. Upon application it's just the slightest bit red. Very nice! I'm already in love with the original Mentha Lip Shine so this tinted one is great. Will be buying more when these run out!

Love! At first I resisted Mentha Lip because I'm more into foody gloss flavors. But I had a coupon for this, and I'm so glad I tried it. This shade is a cool-toned red in the tube, and offers up a nice sheer reddish-pinkish tint on lips. It can be used alone for a bare hint of color, or over lipstick. The mint is yummy, and really does freshen breath (an SA told me you can put a dab on your tongue as well). The tingle is pleasant, not burning (another apprehension of mine) and lasts a long time. Consistency is good. Thick, shiny, and doesn't turn to gunk on lips. I have a feeling I'll be reaching for this all winter to prevent and heal chapped lips, or just when I want a refreshing jolt of mint with a little color.

on 11/1/2005 11:01:00 PM

For the Fall C.O. Bigelow has introduced tinted versions of it's Mentha Lip Shine gloss/balm. There are four colors available in BBW and CO Bigelow stores: pink, neutral/nude, red and coral/pink. Each is identified by a number and has either a sheer or slightly opaque tint plus the familiar shine and 100% natural peppermint scent/flavor. Mentha Lip Tint Number 1138 is a sheer coral/pink shade. When applied to the back of my hand it looked bright and pretty with a high gloss. On my lips No. 1138 enhances my natural lip color and adds a nice gloss that's non-sticky. It has a cooling sensation also. My lips actually look a bit fuller with this on. It may be the color &/or the peppermint in it that does this. This product comes in a generous tube (0.5 oz) and features an angled foot applicator. The new Mentha Lip Tints may soon replace my original Mentha Shine as the "go to" daytime gloss.

Popular Lip Glosses