April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by TraciMaci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed something to replace my previous make up remover (PreCleanse by Dermalogic) that I had to stop using. I read reviews on this and started using it on Monday. So far I am very happy with it.

As others have said, it looks like Crisco or Vaseline, but once it's on your face, it immediately dissolves and begins melting that make up. I work this in and really loosen up my make up and then add a bit of warm water and it get's really milky. I then rinse and all the make up is gone! I follow with a cleanser and toner. This is a make up remover, not a cleanser. So I highly recommend following this product with a cleanser. It is excellent at removing makeup! I recommend this product and will purchase it again if my skin continues to respond well with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by deebaby07

This is a great cleanser, you don't need a second cleanser. In one use it removed three layers of face makeup, blush and a full smoky eye with mascara and eyeliner. I don't wear that much makeup everyday but it removed it all. My skin also did not feel dry and tight after. I think this a very effective cleanser even of you don't wear makeup everyday just to get your skin really clean.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin: dehydrated, oily, sensitive/reactive, very clog prone

I've been into balms lately, so I was excited to try this. The ingredients looked ok, so I thought for sure it would work for me. Unfortunately, this did not work well with my skin. It removes makeup completely and emulsifies with water, so it rinses clean (no residue). However, it dried out my skin and clogged my pores within a few days. I'm somewhat surprised because I use Emma Hardie's Moringa Cleansing Balm as well as Omorovicza's Thermal Cleansing Balm without a problem (Both of those contain fatty alcohols and other oils, including some essential oils, which can be very problematic for sensitive and clog prone skin.) Hmm. Maybe I'll use it as an eye makeup remover only, so I can use it up. Will not repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by hotbeautybitch

Love it !
The packaging looks pretty and the product feel great.
My Skin Looks supple afterwards and nicely clean.
I use it as my first cleanse in the evening

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by xtinacab

I use this stuff every night and i love it! Its much better than cleansing oil as I find the balm easier to blend in and wash off. This is not a replacement for a face wash, so you still need one! I think the price is fitting compared to the other stuff (laura mercier, mac) as the balm lasts much longer since you need very little.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by alexxandria

This really does the job and melts all my make up off. Especially Estée Lauder Double Wear light which usually is tough to take off. Price is reasonable, packaging could get unhygienic if you're putting unwashed hands in the tub. If I can find a spatular I might start using that to pick up product rather than using fingers. Also, doesn't break me out. Overall a happy bunny.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by hanzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this product after reading reviews here on MUA. The sales assistant at the clinique counter assured me it would be great for sensitive skin. It removed my makeup well, but left me with sore itchy and dry bumpy skin. I have never had such a bad reaction from any beauty product :(.... I wish this worked for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Allalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this product on whim and was really pleasantly surprised, and actually VERY IMPRESSED. Firstly, I have very sensitive, dry skin. Most products that I use are either too harsh, drying, or irritate my skin. I find that this product doesn't clog pores, is not drying and easily removes all makeup.
When I first tried it, I was a bit sceptical of the texture, but once you add water to it and massage it into the skin, it easily washes away any traces of anything!
When applying, the texture feels quite greasy, but it doesn't leave any residue. I have had no breakouts from this product (and I usually do from most products). In fact, my skin has been looking pretty clear since I started using this. I am an avid oil cleanser user, and have been using mac oil cleanser for years, but this is the first product that I will consider substituting my usual cleanser with.
The only issue I have is the packaging. Whilst for travel it is good on one hand, because it won't leak, on the other, the tub is just huge & heavy when packing. I wish they could come up with a tube of this tub for travel or something. A tube would also prevent other people's fingers getting into the product.
Lastly, I have read that a lot of users double-cleanse after using this product, but I am not sure why, as it doesn't leave any residue and cleans skin perfectly. I personally, am not a fan of over-cleansing, so I only use this as a 1-step and don't feel the need to clean my skin afterward with any other product. I just pop on some moisturiser or some oil after I cleanse and I'm good to go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The first time I tried this stuff it kinda squigged me out. It seems like you are washing your face with Crisco. I was thinking, ugh, how will I ever get this greasy stuff off my face? Then I splashed water on it and it magically turned into a light foam and just rinsed away, no residue! It doesn't sting my eyes. It takes off everything - long wear foundation, waterproof eyeliner, you name it! I'm on my second tub and will definitely buy it again. My only complaint is packaging related - I think it ought to have a seal over the top, under the lid. Because when I buy it at Sephora I have to open every jar and examine it the top surface to find one that other people haven't used as a tester.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by sy791chloe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have been using this religiously for the last 4 years.
Amazing.
- travel friendly as there is no chance of it leaking
- gets 200% of your makeup off.

I strayed into Bioderma, Olay, Clarins cleansers but always came back to this.
If it weren't for the $50+ it retails for in New Zealand, I would give it six lippies!