Smashbox Backdrop Cooling Tint

3.9

on 6/23/2004 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like it! It feels very smooth and it is very cool and comfortable on my shin, which can be oily and acne-prone, but withthis does not get shiny or greasy. I use #4 on my olive-y skin. I do wish they had more color choices though.

on 6/18/2004 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Nice! My NC35 MAC foundation was too heavy now that I'm all shiny with summer, so I wanted something lightweight with sheer coverage just to even out my skin tone. This manages to even out the tone (the darker & lighter areas of my face are less noticeable now), cover up the little redness around my nose and chin, and make me look smooth and polished without making me look "makeuppy". The cooling effect is very mild and lasts just a minute or so.

on 5/30/2004 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is basically a tinted moisturizer and a bit of a primer. It completely smoothes out my skin and refreshes my face. It has a cooling effect that is very subtle but excellent for summer It's not greasy either and has an SPF 15. To compare, I would say that it has less coverage than Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer.

on 5/23/2004 3:09:00 PM

I was really dissapointed with this product. I thought that there would be more coverage, but I have to say that out of all the foundations or tinted moisturizers that I have tried, this one has had the least coverage. Honestly, after putting it on I felt as though I did not put anything on at all. It did nothing to even out my skin tone.

on 5/1/2004 4:25:00 PM

Overall, I really like this. It's somewhere between a tinted moisturizer and a sheer foundation. I find that for me, pinkish ppp with some blotchiness, it helps even out my complexion so that trouble spots (chin and around nose) are not as obvious. I also like that it comes in a tube - it's easy to dispense without gunking it up. Also, an expiration date is stamped on the tube which is a wonderful thing. I wish more lines did this. I got shade #2, which I believe is the lightest (they go 2, 4, 6), and it blends right into my skin.

I found the "cooling" sensation to be an annoying tingling that just felt unpleasant. The coverage was less than minimal (nonexistent?), and I wouldn't purchase for these reasons.

on 3/19/2004 12:27:00 PM

I'm glad I tried this before I bought it. The lightest shade is strongly yellow based, so the MA mixed some of the Diffusing Tint into the tinted moisturizer to tone it down a notch. I liked the cooling effect and the general feel of it, but it turned out being too yellow and dark to work for me. :-( If they expanded their color selection (they only have 3 - light, medium, and dark) I would give this a second look.

on 9/7/2003 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this tinted moisturizer. It is nice and light weight. Doesnt look like i have makeup up but evens my skin tone out flawlessly. No breakouts either! I dont notice the cooling effect but my skin looks great in it!

on 8/16/2003 12:32:00 PM

Great very sheer coverage that doesn't seep into the lines (40+ here). I love the packaging. Tubes are great. I didn't feel any cooling, but who cares. I wanted sheer coverage with some moisture and SPF 15 and this does it all.

on 8/16/2003 12:28:00 PM

I don't know whether to call this a tinted moisturizer of a very light foundation, but it works as both. SPF 15 and in a tube, too.
Very, very light sheer coverage with a little color. Supposedly cools the skin ( has some cucumber in it), but I haven't felt it. I like the sheer coverage and the packaging. Would buy again.

Top Rated Smashbox Products