Skinceuticals Daily Sun Defense

4.1

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5.0%), Zinc Oxide (5.0%) Water, Cyclomethicone, Diisopropyl Adipate, Synthetic Beeswax, Hexylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Polyacrylamide, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Beeswax, Dimethicone Copolyol, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Sorbitan Tristearate, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Steareth 100, Laureth 7, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben

on 10/6/2003 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I use this on my face (although not everday like I should). I have really sensitive skin which tends to be on the dry side. This doesn't burn or itch my face like most sunscreens tend to do on me, and it hasn't made me break out at all. Also, most sunscreens tend to leave a whiteish cast but this one doesn't at all, it doesn't leave my skin greasy either. Big rave from me on this one!

on 9/27/2003 2:09:00 PM

my hg sunscreen.

on 9/16/2003 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I too loved this product. I've been trying many brands from drug store to cosmetic counter and so far like this the best. It is not greasy on my skin at all.

on 9/3/2003 9:17:00 PM

Well I LOVE this product. Does not leave me greasy at all..actually almost matte, I don't notice a white cast. However, I too have experienced a warming to my skin ..not a stinging but almost like a feeling that a rash was going to form but never did. My skin never even got pink. Only happens sometimes ( I think after I have freshly washed my skin) Really wierd but I have had no adverse effects. Would repurchase this again!

on 8/27/2003 2:46:00 PM

Spf 20 is great to put on under your makeup each morning. Spf 30 or their Sport Spf 45 is good for sun exposure or sports. I use it every day.

on 8/17/2003 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm hunting for a good broad spectrum sunblock that doesn't leave a sticky feeling on my already oily (and breakout-prone) skin. The ingredients listing for this product scared me a bit because there are a bunch of wax based and silicone ingredients. It has been a week since I started applying this to my face in the mornings. This is thicker than any other sunscreen I have tried, but it absorbs/disappears into the skin surprisingly easy with no residue. There isn't any unpleasant chemical scent either. This still makes my skin feel slightly sticky, but not as much as my previous sunscreen. My worry at the moment is the warm sensation I feel right after applying this cream. It's not a stinging exactly, but my face feels a bit tingly and hot for about two to five minutes - but there's no visible redness or swelling on my face, so I'm not sure if I'm having an allergic reaction or not. I'll post an update in a month or so....right now, I don't really have a set opinion on this product. UPDATE: Stopped using this sunscreen...it still makes my skin feel like it's about to burst into flames. I don't feel comfortable continuing with something that doesn't feel right, even though there's no visible irritation on my face. I may be allergic to zinc oxide....

on 7/7/2003 12:14:00 PM

I am usually allergic to a lot of facial sunscreens - they give me hives & dry, itchy patches. I read about this item on the Skinceuticals website & figured I would try it one weekend while I was outside a lot.

This is definitely the best sunscreen I have ever used!!! It's also the only sunscreen that has never broken me out or given me an allergic reaction. Plus, this didn't make my skin shiny or greasy like most sunscreens & it didn't leave a white cast.

I have nothing but positive comments. I'm on my second tube & will continue to only use this sunscreen. Perfect under makeup everyday. It actually makes my makeup last longer. Worth every penny. continued >>

on 7/5/2003 9:54:00 PM

I received this in an Allure Beauty Box offer and wanted to love it. Alas, I am another "sting-ee". I gave it two tries, and the sting is just too unpleasant. The Eucerin SPF30 moisturizer that came in the same Beauty Box is much more gentle.

on 6/18/2003 3:07:00 AM

The sunblock goes on transparent, without any whitish goo. The smell is not pungent as the other brands. The major plus for me is its texture. After several minutes of application, the sunblock would absorb into the skin, leaving a semi-matte finish. It provides a great base prior to putting on powder or foundation. And the size ... other good brands would cost as much as what I've paid for this product, but with half the size.

on 6/11/2003 8:15:00 PM

I bought this because of all the great reviews. Sadly, this stings when I put it on--OUCH! Immediately, I need to wash this off. I don't have sensitive skin so I was suprised. From the reviews, it seems as though this works for many people, but I would try a sample first because this did not work for me.