September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Blush - Clinique - Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Smoldering Plum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Jenni4Design

I got this as gwp and am very pleased. It's a plum color that looks great on my fair skin. Looks great as eyeshadow too for day. I might buy this if I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 2:54:00 PM More reviews by BebeLush

Pretty good color, but nothing special. Pink Lotus is my Clinique Blush HG, so no need to purchase this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by DarkAngel82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this muted plum shade! It has a very slight shimmer that adds a subtle glow to the skin. You can apply more than one layer for a more colored effect. Clinique has some great blushes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this product as a gwp. It's a sheer muted plum blush that has some slight shimmer in the pan, but once it's applied it looks glowy instead of glittery or shimmery. This is good, because I dislike shimmer. I don't wear this blush often, but once in a while it is a nice change from my usual pink blushes.
Ingredients: talc, dimethicone, silica, zinc stearate, nylon-12, lauryl laurate, tetrasodium edta, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, yellow 5 lake, carmine, red 7 lake, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, red 22 lake, red 36 lake, manganese violet, red 30 lake, red 33 lake, red 28 lake, red 34 lake, ultramarines, yellow 6 lake, red 6 lake. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 11:45:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a replacement for Milani Temptation, a great plummy-brown that's been D/C'd. I like the Clinique version almost as well. Smoldering Plum is a deep violet-plum in the pan, but is surprisingly neutral and wearable when applied. I've been using it as my everyday blush, because it can be applied lightly for a natural look (yes, the color is that versatile!) or more heavily for a sculpted nighttime look. The brush is great-- angled, very soft, deposits the right amount of pigment. I took off a lippie because this blush fades out on me in 5-6 hours and I have to reapply once or twice during the day. I don't usually have that problem with good-quality powder blushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 12:27:00 PM More reviews by pupster

Tried this when it came in a GWP. Normally, I'm not a fan of Clinique blushes, but this seems to be a different formula. Goes on really sheer and buildable, looks very natural on which is what I like in my make up. I think anyone could wear this color. Will probably buy the full size when I use the sample. Update: Have since repurchased and love it for winter with black honey superbalm.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2007 8:37:00 AM More reviews by melodiesoflife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is being promoted as part of the Fall 2007 collection. It caught my eye when I was shopping the other day, so I had to try it out. Unfortunately, it's too bright on my skintone (NC25ish), so I had to pass on it. The sparkles are what makes it gorgeous (then again, I'm a big fan of sparkles), but isn't obvious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2007 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great blush! I normally wouldn't buy this colour because it's plum, but at a Clinique makeover the SA used it on me and it looked great! Good staying power, looks elegant and classy. I don't wear it too often because I often prefer to wear brownish shades, but it's great anyway. :)
UPDATE: I'm starting to like this even more! The colour is soo pretty I'm using it even more and more, upping my rating from a 4 to a 5. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 9:16:00 PM More reviews by macgrrl65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this blush right after I dyed my hair a mahogany color. I am naturally a blond with fair coloring. It looked so striking on me and looked fabulous! I'm back to blond but the other day I put it on by accident (I usually wear Clinique Iced Lotus) and it still rocked!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Maxa

This is my first plum-tones-related blush.I usually wear something more cheerful and light(like NARS Deep Throat)since this is what seems to work best for my pale skin with slightly yellow undertones.The staying power of this blush is impressive-the colour is there from 9 to 5 and later into the night:)The sparkles are very subtle but still manage to accentuate the pores on my cheeks-that's the only reason I give this product a 4,not a 5.The colour is buildable.And what surprised me the most is the little brush that comes in the case with the blush!It's fantastic-angled and the bristles are soft.