October 22, 2014 | 946 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Candy Cane 3-in-1

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2005 10:11:00 PM More reviews by AlisaG

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The scent is divine and as a shower/bath gel, it is pleasant, though there's not dense lather. It will leave your skin cool, refreshed and tingly. When I use it, I get a mild case of "the chills".....I can see this being something I would find more appropriate for summer use, vs. when the weather is wintery! *LOL*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2005 9:02:00 PM More reviews by edenssixthday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To respond to what another reviewer said below, Philosophy Candy Cane Bubble Bath and Shower Gel is indeed a 3-in-1. Two of the Nordstrom's Philosophy SAs told me that all Philosophy bubble bath and shower gels are also shampoos, even if the bottle onlys says "bubble bath and shower gel." [Edit: I just checked the Philosophy website, and it also says it's a"shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath.]

All that aside, this is an excellent product! IA little goes a veeeery long way, so the price is almost tolerable...almost. I bought it because of friend of mine has raved about it, so when I saw it was selling again this season, I picked it up. Wow, it's like bathing in a melted candy cane -- without the stickiness. One of the fun parts of it is that the mintiness makes your skin not only tingly, but it feels chilly, even though it's not. When I took a bath and used this product, I kept having to add hot water to the tub, despite the fact the tub was plenty hot already. Speaking of baths, the one thing I don't like about this, and the reason I took off a lippie, is that as a bubble bath, it sucks. It takes such a hugely incredible amount of this product to create a mediocre level of bubbles, that I can't justify using it for that. I have had this exact same problem with the two other Philosophy 3-in-1s that I've tried as a bubble bath. But as a shower gel, I love it. Great stuff. Next, I will be trying it as a shampoo, and anticipate it will be just as wonderful. But if not, I'll be sure to let you know! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2005 7:41:00 AM More reviews by divadeb51

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. In the morning the yummy smells just wakes me up! It is very moisturizing and lathers like a dream! The bottle is hugs and will last a long time-I highly recommend it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2005 5:14:00 PM More reviews by vickyc123

This one is actually not a 3-in-1, it's just a bubble bath and shower gel. As a body wash though it's perfectly fine, but nothing special. It lathers so-so, but the Candy Cane scent is excellent and doesn't smell 'chemically' like many other 3-in-1 scents do. It's a very invigorating scent, but without being overpowering. Very festive! The Candy Cane scent doesn't last past the shower though, which can be a downer. I would buy this one again simply for the scent and nothing else. If I could find another Candy Cane scented bodywash that smelled this good, I'd purchase that instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2005 9:28:00 AM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Even though this isn't my favourite Philosophy 3 in 1 scent I still do really like this scent it smells just like candy cane and is moisterising for my skin. A great scent for Christmas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2005 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Bonnie2842

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The candy cane scent is dead-on. It smells so good, and gets me in the mood for the holidays. It lathers up nicely and moisturizes my dry skin like the other 3-in-1s. I love the festive bottle, and the minty scent is invigorating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2005 8:56:00 PM More reviews by buttercupt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very cute packaging and a really great scent. I usally don't have much luck with philosophy 3-in-1's but this scent is true and non plasticy. It is a sweet sugar type peppermint, not overwhelming or powerful or strong, nice and mellow with I think a touch of vanilla. Really great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2005 7:18:00 PM More reviews by auntmare

i have to agree. i really love this product. as another reviewer said, the only bad thing is the price, but, i do love mint scented bath products and this is the best one i've come across yet. i would recommend using it for morning baths or showers. the invigorating scent might wake you up to much if you use it too soon before bedtime. it really is nice. packaging is adorable also. i'm glad i indulged in it. hope they have it next year, because i definitly will get it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2005 12:19:00 AM More reviews by zzjulia

The smell was perfect, minty and sugary. It lathered fine, and more importantly did not dry out my skin as minty products tend to do. The bottle is also striped and cheerful, and perfect for the holidays. Overall, I'm really satisfied with the purchase and would buy again next holiday season.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2005 12:05:00 AM More reviews by absolutbuffy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Well this is just wonderful!!! It is both sweet and minty but not overbearing. If you like mint, then you'll like this. The only bad thing about this is that it is $18, but it really is great. I love the invigorating scent and the soap itself is also quite nice because it leaves the skin feeling refreshed. Once you are finished with your shower, you don't really smell like candy cane anymore (which to me is good so it doesn't interfere w/ any perfume or body lotion you might use).