Chanel Double Perfection Compact

Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Silica, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Lauryl Lactate, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Polyisoprene, Zinc Oxide, Propylparaben, Bis-Hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone/IPDI Copolymer Ethylcarbamate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate.May Contain: Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

on 6/25/2011 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Chanel Double Perfection Compact Natural Matte Power Makeup SPF 10 ( 0.45 oz or 13 g for $50 usd). The powder is very finely milled and is so soft and smooth and applies like a butter on my face. I normally use this as a setting powder when I want my face to stay matte through out the day without much touch ups. I have tried use Double Perfection Compact as a foundation and it provides a matte light to medium coverage but it does not cover most of acne scars and redness like a liquid foundation does. It comes in a sleek black rectangular package with Chanel logo on it. Also, the compact comes with a huge mirror and a sponge for easy touch up and application. Plus, Double Perfection is oil-free which makes the product even better for combination to oily skin people like myself. I am nc 40 in Mac and Barcelona in Nars Sheer Glow, my color for the compact is 80 Medium Beige, which I found has more of a yellow tone and matches my skin nicely than the recommended shade 100 Sun Beige, which I found has more of a red and pink tone. Lastly, Double Perfection Compact foundation is refillable which cost lesser than getting the whole compact. Overall, Chanel Double Perfection Compact is a great foundation powder when you are looking for a scent-free and smooth and buttery powder to set your makeup or use it for a light to medium coverage.

on 6/21/2011 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this powder, I use it for touchups and to add a little extra coverage over my TM. It is sooo smooth and soft, even after a few months of use the powder has not diminished in quality like so many others I have used. It really keeps my face matte for a long time compared to so many other compacts, and it looks quite natural which is very important. The shades are good for me personally, as I am quite pink toned. I am a huge fan of the shape of the compact, it is really thin despite being long, but you get a great mirror because of the length. I am NOT a fan of the plastic it is made out of, though. It'd be nice it was matte so fingerprints didn't show up immediately or something less cheap looking for the price.

on 5/22/2011 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

one of my hg foundation. rating is 4 because i dont have a color that really match my skintone. im in light medium hence i got tender bisque which is a little darker than my skintone. but still like the formula and the finish and i love chanel from bags to cosmetics.;)

on 4/21/2011 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It was an okay powder. However, it looked really cakey on. I like Mac's mineralized skin finishes a lot more, so I'll be sticking to those. This was just an 'eh' product.

on 3/13/2011 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

It took me a few days but I finally figured it out! First apply a thin layer with damp sponge, wait half a minute, then add another thin layer with kabuki brush as a setting powder.

So far so good! Not cakey, good medium coverage and lasted all day even with my combination/oily T-zone. Will probably buy again.

on 3/11/2011 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product. Bought mine in early October and show no signs of running out any time soon. I have used Bare Minerals - but prefer this foundation. I live in a dry climate and my skin is fairly dry as well, but I could never stand the feel and texture of liquid foundation, so this foundation works for me. The coverage is great but imperceptible, my skin just looks beautiful! Get it! You won't regret it!

on 1/9/2011 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Good quality product. sits well. easy to carry. lasts a long long time

on 1/4/2011 3:21:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. It has a velvet-like finish and blends in with my skin perfectly; you can't even tell that there is something applied on my face.
I have been a powder user for a long time and am very particular about textures. Double Perfection is light, which I prefer. If you just swatch it on your hand or lower part of your cheek, it becomes one with your complexion instantly. Pretty unbelievable for a powder!
I, actually, love the size and shape of this compact (it's bigger than your usual powder compact). The morror is slightly rounded on top and bottom and you can see your whole face in it, which is great for touch-ups.

Many reviewers mention that this powder is on the more expensive side. Well, if you're used to using drugstore brands, it might be a good time to graduate to better quality products, which, indeed, cost more. Double Perfection is worth it.
Go to a CHANEL counter and ask a specialist to try different shades on you. Also, swatch a good amount on your hand to feel the texture. I'm pretty confident you'll like it.

I have a slightly oily T-zone and normal cheeks; this product works great on my type of skin. If your skin is dry, you might want to try Vitalumiere, Mat Lumiere or LIft Lumiere (depending on your age group) by CHANEL.

Good luck!

on 12/31/2010 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product, I have oily skin, so keeping it matte is always the object of the game! I worked out once and I noticed my skin was still matte! Love this sooo much!

on 12/9/2010 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I started using this powder, I believe, I was 17. It wasn't the cheapest, but it's been my most favorite ever since. I've used other powders that are half this price, with more coverage, but I don't know, I just love the finish on this one. I wear Suede and my skin is NC35 and it applies beautifully. Also, this powder is about the only one that doesn't clog my pores. It's awesome.