July 31, 2014 | 994 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by L7997

Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Oil

Current Conditions:
-Hot summer, Air conditioned room.
-Oily Skin in general but can be patchy/broken if dehydrated and irritated. Prone to comedones/clogged pores. Inflammatory acne under some control.

Application:
used Morning and Night. after cleansing, without patting dry, apply a few drops of Sweet Almond Oil on wet face. allow the water to evaporate or pat dry with tissue.

i think getting a dropper or something similar would allow better control, but in the end it's more of a hassle to get these extra things if you don't already have it. the container itself isn't bad though, it's much better than pouring oil out (you squeeze the bottle), but not the greatest control.

Moisturizing ability:
-skin does feel moisturized, not overly oily. it's just right but don't expect it to be more moisturizing than say, cetaphil cream, which offers better protection in the winter.

Side Effects:
-too much oil will lead the skin to feel itchy because the area does not fully dry (takes longer to dry), allowing particles in the environmental to adhere to the skin. This will also happen if the oil is not fully absorbed, even if you use very little or too much.
-After a week or two of use comedones and clogged pores started developing all over the face. as i continue to use it the comedones are inflaming or turning pink/red.

Conclusion:
I thought this was great initially because the breakout from testing other moisturizers were going away, and it felt suitable for summer, but i'm positive the new activity in closed comedones are being caused by the oil.

i won't buy again. i'm not interested in cooking with this and the cost is higher than other oils, though it's not the most expensive.

:[ sad.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Nikkiisicky92

I really started using almond oil about two years ago for dark circles. I was 18 then, a smoker and worked at 7:30am everyday. I heard that it would help the circles but then I researched it and found it was good for acne? Now I don't have scary acne with white puss and huge red bumps BUT I have always had little red minor bumps on cheeks and chin. My derm said I did NOT have "acne" so he put me on retin a. I used that and then in the morning I would just put the oil all over my face, let dry or pat, then makeup. Granted my face always looked glowy healthy and bright. I thought my face could always look better :/ like matte and perfect like Latina skin. People at work would say your skin is so gorgeous what is your secret??? Almond oil. Granted I am blessed with really long lashes but skin... Is my issue that people think I "over dramatize." anyway it's been two years I still mix it with my ponds crema S but I am not acne free, circle free but I have a nice glow. Don't use too much if you don't want that sweaty oil face glow. Just a drop or 2. I also like grapeseed oil and interested in trying avocado oil.
Warning!!!! Retin a or tretinion is very effective BUT if you don't have the results you want( like me still little bumps) don't use harsh soaps or "healthy scrubs" you will just inflame the acne which I did with the st Ives blemish scrub. I like the fresh scrub better.
Be sweet to your skin. Basic is better. Less chemicals is nicer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Took me 4 months to love this stuff! I have oily/sensitive skin, and allergic to all commercial moisturizers. I first found Jojoba to be to clogging, so then tried Almond. I was glad to see it helped reduce oily-ness, but probably too much so. I felt like this stuff was not even penetrating my skin. Putting on more only broke me out, but I continuously had dry skin after this. Then I found that you have to *exfoliate* well, and have a moisturizing soap! I use Kiss My Face Olive Oil soap with my Clarisonic. Big difference compared to the acne-drying soap I used previously! Its all about your personal skin type AND the combination of other products! If Almond oil isn't for you, there has to be another natural oil that is! And switch up the rest of your routine too, but the trick is to exfoliate! So it can actually get in there.

FIVE stars because: My $14 bottle could last me 2 years! (So long as it doesn't go bad....)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is widely used and recommended (especially for pregnant women) in Italy. I have it in a dark glass bottle (good for keeping it in good condition) that pours out just a little at a time (the brand is I Provenzali, available only in Italy, and the only added ingedient is vitamin e). This is a good body moisturizer. It's what I normally use after showering during the winter or on days my skin is dry. But you do need to make sure you have extra time to let it absorb before getting dressed. I won't use it at all if I'm going to wear tights that day - it's that bad. However, I like the smell and I can see how good it is for the skin. I tried it briefly as an eye makeup remover but gave that up as I broke out. For me it's a body only moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by beautifulmindsdream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't use almond oil on my face. rather i slather it on my body after a shower as i have extremely dry skin. It also fades any scars i have and has overall improved my skin tone. I am much happier wearing skirts and such.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

I do,like this, but I still prefer using rose hip oil, it just sinks in better with. Y skin and I get better results. Use this under my eye cream on my circles. Apparently it's meant to help with discoloration. Hope it does!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I remember using this last year, desperately finding the right oil for my face and reversing the dammage tea tree did to me. It was PURE steaming pile of cow doo. After using it my skin felt very itchy and the next morning, bam worst skin in my entire life. It took me a year to cure the acne (thank god for Lacura skincare). Even to this day I still have many extremely dark blemishes that I am desperately trying to hide. Every morning it takes me approximately 1 hour to 1 and a half to fully cover the blemishes with concealer and foundation. A waste of money because I never wear makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I bought this for use on my face from Spectrum Organics and found it to be really thick. It didn't absorb well or help my blemishes at all. It may not have been the best quality and cold-pressed despite being expensive and organic. I used the rest after trying it on my face for a few weeks as a base for a mix of oils for a hair soak with good results.

I found an organic lebanese cold-pressed olive oil at a local halal store and bought cold-pressed argan oil online. They absorb like serums and moisturize beautifully without leaving a thick oily residue. My skin has been much better, with fewer blemishes and less noticeable lines since starting to use these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* ME - Normal skin, somewhat drier in the winter with occasional dry flaky spots.
* REVIEW - I actually discovered sweet almond oil quite by accident. I saw it in the baby care aisle of the local pharmacy and wondered to myself, why would it be stocked there? Well, sweet almond oil (SAO) is a popular choice for massaging and moisturizing babiesí skin. Well, I figured that if SAO is gentle enough for babies, itís good enough for my skin. SAO has high fatty content and contains vitamins B1, B6, B2, A and E. And unlike rosehip oil, it is virtually colorless and odorless. Having used SAO fairly regularly for the past few months, Iíve discovered that my skin agrees with it and that Iíve benefited greatly from using SAO. The benefits of using SAO include the following:
+ A drop or two massaged into the hair and scalp after washing helps prevent hair breakage. It does not leave my hair greasy at all.
+ A drop or two massaged into my hands, nails and cuticles works as an effective moisturizer and skin softener. It is light and non-greasy.
+ Lightly massaged into the body after washing for that extra moisture. It absorbs into the skin with medium-fast speed and is a non-greasy moisturizer.
+ I like to mix SAO with a little bit of honey and sugar for a weekly facial mask / gentle exfoliant to give my face that brighter and more radiant shine.
* TIPS:
+ If you are allergic to nuts, you should definitely avoid SAO.
+ To avoid bacterial infection or contamination, SAO is best stored in the refrigerator and used within 6 months of opening. In other words, do not leave in the shower or else it may go rancid.
* VERDICT - SAO is a clear winner for me. It is a simple, super affordable, easy to use all-natural beauty product that really does it all and goes the distance at the same time. I will repurchase for the rest of my life. Highly recommended!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by mntrinemo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first bought this about 12 years ago to replace a hair product that had been discontinued. Sweet almond oil was the first ingredient listed in my beloved hair thickening product and I figured I had nothing to lose. This is my favorite hair product that I keep on going back to for my fine hair. I've used CHI Silk Infusion on and off but the CHI doesn't give the "thick" texture like the CHI. I put in on my wet hair before blow drying but it works on dry hair too. You only need a few drops: rub it on your hands and run them through your hair. The only "bad" thing about this is that I sometimes forget that very little is needed and my hair ends up looking greasy. This is especially good during Minnesota winters when turning up the heat drys everything out. I have also used this to remove makeup (works awesome on waterproof eye makeup!) as a eye "cream" and lip balm at night. I prefer Aquaphor for daytime lip balm. Give it a try. At worst if you don't like it you can use it as bath oil.