October 23, 2014 | 1661 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by polishproblem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love sweet almond oil as my go-to, universal beauty product. I use it on my face and body to moisturize after a shower or before I go to bed (I like to put in a couple drops of lavender and orange essential oil for a nice scent). I also use it as a makeup remover, a deep conditioner for hair, as the oil when I make homemade sugar scrubs, and as a massage oil. I bet you could also use it as a tanning oil.

I have combination to dry skin, and I have never broken out after putting this on my face (sparingly), although I don't really have skin that tends to break out that much anyway.

What I love most about using sweet almond oil is that it can be used for so many things, so when I'm traveling, I just put a bottle of this in my toiletries bag and I'm good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ForeverButterfly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This my go to product for the dry nights. I use it on my face, body and as a leave in night time conditioner in my hair on a Friday. It absorbs into the skin with medium-fast speed and is a nongreasy moisturiser.

Face: My skin type is sensitive, dry on the surface, oily underneath with hormonal pimples. I use it 2 - 3 times a night when I feel my skin needs extra moisturising. Since my skin is prone to itching and irritation, I will use a bit of oil on the sensitive spot.The next day my skin feels soft and smooth. There are no dry spots and a natural glow is left.

* Nice eye cream substitute, helps with dark circles and puffiness.
* Also notice my dark spots have gotten smaller too.

Body: I use it during the winter. My body tends to itch at night and I always feel to scratch it. But there will always be red marks left and I can't fall asleep. I would put the oil on just before I go to bed. There is no more irritation. Same thing as face, my skin is smooth and nice. I also notice there are less ingrown hair on my legs now.

Hair: I use it on a Friday night because oil is hard to wash out with water. And you don't want to put it in your hair when you are going out the next day. I massage it into my scalp and then run a tiny bit through the hair strands. I then braid my hair. I do not make it into a bun and wrap a cloth around it. I find the braiding is easier on the hair and my scalp does not hurt like it does when it's in a bun. Less friction/pull on the scalp. It takes about 2 washes with shampoo to get the oil out. I do not recommend using a conditioner after, because when the hair dries, it becomes flat and oily looking with the extra conditioning. It works great with my fine curly hair. My curls don't get messy with knots and frizziness.

*I do not use it when it is really hot, I use a lighter moisturizer.
* For a lip scrub, I mix it with brown sugar and cinnamon.
* I rub a bit on my cuticles when they are dry.
* I mix it with turmeric for a nice face mask.

Time Used of Product: 4 months, continuing

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by heinesite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I been using the Aura Cacia brand for about a month at night and to be honest it really does do much for my skin. It doesn't seem to absorb well into my skin like their grapeseed oil. I even tried using it to remove my makeup since I have a whole bottle but that doesn't work well either.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Stanwyck

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use sweet almond oil (bought from Whole Foods) every day. I use it on my body - and slather it on BEFORE I get into the shower. Since my arms, chest and legs rarely need a real scrub down - the oil remains - but in just the right amount after I've showered. (I use a moisturizing body wash most of the time - soap when I'm sweaty from a workout). The pre-shower oil gives me a nice glow - without getting onto my clothes or being too much of an oil-slick. The heat/steam from the shower helps the oil penetrate. The result is very soft skin - with a glow.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by cyens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to have terrible skin problems until I started using all natural products and making cosmetics myself. My skin used to be dry, flaky and itchy, and it didn't matter how much lotion I used, my skin would never get better.
I've been using sweet almond oil for a couple of years now. Either by incorporating it in my homemade lotion or applying it mixed with others oils.
I experimented with a lot of mixes in the past years, my current mix is half rice bran oil, half sweet almond, with some added vitamin E. I use it only in the shower, just before getting out. All your pores are open and the oil just sinks right in your skin, so you don't feel oily for long.
My skin is super smooth and I never get any dry or itchy patches. My fiance always comment on how smooth my skin is.
I used to get my oil at the pharmacy, now I get it at new direction aromatics.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by GoldenPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the NOW version of sweet almond oil and I've been using it for a couple days and this is the oil for me. I tried grapeseed oil first and didn't like it because of the white heads I would get nor was it moisturizing. However my skin just obsorbs the almond oil and gives my face a pretty glow and not greasyness. I was using it twice a day but I got 2 bumps so I cut it down to once a day and I haven't had a reaction since.

I apply the oil to my face, then I place a hot towel over my face and let my pores obsorb the oil. Then I apply a moisturizer and my skin is baby soft and glowing. I also took the eye cream I bought back and I won't be purchasing a eye cream again because almond oil is just as effective for moisturizing and brightening the eye area.

I haven't used it on my hair yet but I will use as a hot oil treatment when it gets cold and my hair needs the extra moisture. This is a great all purpose oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by L7997

Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Oil

Current Conditions:
-Hot summer, Air conditioned room.
-Oily Skin in general but can be patchy/broken if dehydrated and irritated. Prone to comedones/clogged pores. Inflammatory acne under some control.

Application:
used Morning and Night. after cleansing, without patting dry, apply a few drops of Sweet Almond Oil on wet face. allow the water to evaporate or pat dry with tissue.

i think getting a dropper or something similar would allow better control, but in the end it's more of a hassle to get these extra things if you don't already have it. the container itself isn't bad though, it's much better than pouring oil out (you squeeze the bottle), but not the greatest control.

Moisturizing ability:
-skin does feel moisturized, not overly oily. it's just right but don't expect it to be more moisturizing than say, cetaphil cream, which offers better protection in the winter.

Side Effects:
-too much oil will lead the skin to feel itchy because the area does not fully dry (takes longer to dry), allowing particles in the environmental to adhere to the skin. This will also happen if the oil is not fully absorbed, even if you use very little or too much.
-After a week or two of use comedones and clogged pores started developing all over the face. as i continue to use it the comedones are inflaming or turning pink/red.

Conclusion:
I thought this was great initially because the breakout from testing other moisturizers were going away, and it felt suitable for summer, but i'm positive the new activity in closed comedones are being caused by the oil.

i won't buy again. i'm not interested in cooking with this and the cost is higher than other oils, though it's not the most expensive.

:[ sad.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Nikkiisicky92

I really started using almond oil about two years ago for dark circles. I was 18 then, a smoker and worked at 7:30am everyday. I heard that it would help the circles but then I researched it and found it was good for acne? Now I don't have scary acne with white puss and huge red bumps BUT I have always had little red minor bumps on cheeks and chin. My derm said I did NOT have "acne" so he put me on retin a. I used that and then in the morning I would just put the oil all over my face, let dry or pat, then makeup. Granted my face always looked glowy healthy and bright. I thought my face could always look better :/ like matte and perfect like Latina skin. People at work would say your skin is so gorgeous what is your secret??? Almond oil. Granted I am blessed with really long lashes but skin... Is my issue that people think I "over dramatize." anyway it's been two years I still mix it with my ponds crema S but I am not acne free, circle free but I have a nice glow. Don't use too much if you don't want that sweaty oil face glow. Just a drop or 2. I also like grapeseed oil and interested in trying avocado oil.
Warning!!!! Retin a or tretinion is very effective BUT if you don't have the results you want( like me still little bumps) don't use harsh soaps or "healthy scrubs" you will just inflame the acne which I did with the st Ives blemish scrub. I like the fresh scrub better.
Be sweet to your skin. Basic is better. Less chemicals is nicer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Took me 4 months to love this stuff! I have oily/sensitive skin, and allergic to all commercial moisturizers. I first found Jojoba to be to clogging, so then tried Almond. I was glad to see it helped reduce oily-ness, but probably too much so. I felt like this stuff was not even penetrating my skin. Putting on more only broke me out, but I continuously had dry skin after this. Then I found that you have to *exfoliate* well, and have a moisturizing soap! I use Kiss My Face Olive Oil soap with my Clarisonic. Big difference compared to the acne-drying soap I used previously! Its all about your personal skin type AND the combination of other products! If Almond oil isn't for you, there has to be another natural oil that is! And switch up the rest of your routine too, but the trick is to exfoliate! So it can actually get in there.

FIVE stars because: My $14 bottle could last me 2 years! (So long as it doesn't go bad....)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is widely used and recommended (especially for pregnant women) in Italy. I have it in a dark glass bottle (good for keeping it in good condition) that pours out just a little at a time (the brand is I Provenzali, available only in Italy, and the only added ingedient is vitamin e). This is a good body moisturizer. It's what I normally use after showering during the winter or on days my skin is dry. But you do need to make sure you have extra time to let it absorb before getting dressed. I won't use it at all if I'm going to wear tights that day - it's that bad. However, I like the smell and I can see how good it is for the skin. I tried it briefly as an eye makeup remover but gave that up as I broke out. For me it's a body only moisturizer.