April 16, 2014 | 1865 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Beautylicious7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS IS THE BEST MOISTURIZER IN THE WORLD! GOD CREATED IT, NOT HUMANS :)

WOW! i cant stay here n tell u all the long amazing facts about this.. u jus gotta research it n try it! :D STOPS WRINKLED ON FACE N EYES N NURTURES SKIN N HEALS N GROWS LASHES..

i just dont like to put it on my forehead in the day time. it usually slips into my eyes, makes them wet n ugly n cloudy or stingy LOL (only in the day) so i use any other cream for my forehead

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

I have fine hair and letting color grow out to natural color. I have about 6 inches of natural color growing and the rest of my hair with the color in it is dry, coarse, stringy. I have wasted alot, I mean ALOT of money on shampoos, conditioners, deep conditioners, oils.....the list goes on. And nothing would work on moisturizing the dry colored section of my hair. I finally decided to throw in the towel and have horrible hair for the next few years until it grew out. But then I heard you can put EVOO in your hair for moisture. So I tried it for a couple days and it did help but nothing too noticeable. Then I started mixing it with other kitchen items to see if I could boosts the results and I came up with a recipe that works!
1) Mix 2Tbls of EVOO with 2Tbles Helmens mayo that has EVOO in it.
2) spread through hair from tips to roots.
3) wrap head in plastic wrap (holds heat better then shower cap)
4) blow dry plastic wrapped hair for a couple minutes till your scalp can feel heat.
5) leave on for at least 20 min.
6) take off plastic wrap, rinse, shampoo, condition.
My hair was 80% less crunchy dry! It looks and feels so moisturized but not greasy. It has a nice natural shine to it. The only bad thing is the smell of your hair once you take the plastic wrap off...like warm potato salad. But trust me....it is so worth it! And the best part is it's super cheap and you can pronounce all the ingredients so you know what your putting on your hair!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by mamafazz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love olive oil! I use this to remove makeup, and then follow with a regular cleanser, it leaves skin feeling so soft and nourished. I also have used it in my hair pre-shampoo, leaves hair shiny, soft, and frizz-free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Olive oil is a staple in my kitchen! I don't even bother with the extra virgin variety, either--I just get plain olive oil. (But obviously if you feel the evoo works better, go ahead!) The main thing I use it for is moisturizing/exfoliating my extremely sensitive facial skin. I pour about a teaspoon of olive oil onto a clean washcloth and take it into the shower with me. I wet the cloth with warm water from the shower, then briskly rub my lips with it. Next I go all around my face using gentle circular movements. In general, I try to keep my face out of the hot/warm shower water, but I do use a little to splash my face maybe once to get the excess oil off. This is about the only exfoliation my skin will tolerate these days, but it works great. Plus, when I put cleanser on the cloth to wash my body, the olive oil is still on there to better moisturize my skin.
Other ideas: Dab olive oil onto your cuticles, then rub in for moisturization and natural shine. (You can clean out a nail polish or cuticle treatment bottle with an attached brush and put olive oil in it for conveniience.) You can also add some olive oil to a bottle of body lotion or shampoo that is not sufficiently moisturizing. Use your imagination and you can come up with lots of great ways to use olive oil. It's cheap, ecofriendly, and smart!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I use 1/2 tsp every night in the ends of my damaged and dry hair to keep them hydrated throughout the day and protect it from environmental damage and it works so, so well. My hair has definitely been a lot more happy since I started using the extra virgin olive oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I have a confession to make. I was SO NERVOUS to try this on my face. It just seemed so... backwards.. to put oil on my face?! When I have acne?! That sounds insane.
BUT IT ISN'T!
I started using cold pressed EVOO on my face a few weeks ago. I add a couple dabs to my moisturizer at night and apply. It is just a little greasy when I go to bed, but when I wake up my face has soaked up all the goodness and it is SO smooth.
I suffered from very dry flaky skin due to harsh acne treatments, and this has completely rehydrated my skin. It is wonderful.
I have acne prone skin and this DOES NOT break me out. Olive oil is a natural moisturizer and has antibacterial properties. There is no reason for acne prone skin to stay away from natural oils. DRYING OUT YOUR SKIN IS NOT THE ANSWER PEOPLE.

Anyways, I hope this helped. I was really nervous to use this at first and now I don't even know why. Such a great product, and best of all it's right in my kitchen at all times.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

there are so many ways to use this stuff.if you google it the list is a mile long. Lots of people on YouTube and stuff say they love it in their hair. Not me. I use it to takeoff stubborn makeup on occasion, tanning oil if I want the sun to really get in my skin, and I also have olive oil baths warning* it can be very slippery and you need to wash your tub after. I put my hair in a high bun, rub olive oil all over my body then sit in the tub read a magazine for a bit. The olive oil sticks to me tho because oil and water dnt mix the. I get up wipe it off use mild soap, but a little lotion on some dry spots and bam I am legit as soft and moisturized more than ever before

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by lexfauxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love extra virgin olive oil!:) I started using it 2 weeks ago as makeup remover and moisturizer. Since I've started using it my skin has cleared up soo much! My pores look smaller and any stubborn pimples have cleared up:) my skin is normally really sensitive and acne-prone so I'm so happy I started using this again:)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by FlatShoesLover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love olive oil on my food, but hated it on my hair and skin.

I tried to add a few drops to my conditioner and made my hair greasy (even after I washed with shampoo), smelly and weighed it down (I have curly hair).

I have used a few times as an eye make up remover (when I didn't have any at home). It doesn't work well, takes more time, leaves a heavy film and gives me small red bumps.

As a lip scrub (mixed with sugar), it's messy, tastes awful and makes no/very little difference. As a lip moisturizer worked worse than lip balms (plus the olive oil taste and scent).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by lola0116

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Ok so my daily regime has turned into an all natural one and here is what I do:I wash my fash with all natural olive soap and then apply honey mask.Let it sit for 30 min and rinse.I apply green tea as a toner and before bed I apply extra virgin olive oil+vit c+vit e and it has been breaking me out.What am I doing wrong?Someone please help I really want this to work.(I have really oily skin could this be the problem?)