January 29, 2015 | 1619 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mix raw organic sugar with organic EVOO in a small container. It's magic. Seriously. I have the most dry and sensitive skin, I can't use regular scrubs as the SLS and other nasties irritate my skin. I get dry patches under my eyebrows and I can even get rid of them. Amazing stuff. Don't waste your money on regular scrubs. .

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by TiffD

I went on MUA to try to find a well-reviewed facial scrub and was blown away by all the positive reviews of...sugar! So a couple nights ago I decided to mix a bit of sugar with some vitamin E until the combination made a mix and it really did make my face feel a lot smoother. I had to use a cleanser (Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash) afterwards because the vit E left residue on my skin that probably would have made me break out overnight. I woke up this morning and my skin still felt smooth and no breakouts or dry patches! Next week I'm going to try using the sugar and honey mixture.
Also, don't scrub too hard! Doing that with any exfoliator can cause microscopic tears in your skin.
5 lippies to sugar for being an amazing, inexpensive exfoliator!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I make my own using 2 cups sugar, 6 tsp oils (skin friendly oils, I used half grapeseed oil and half avacado.. I wanted to add jojoba but couldn't find it) 1 TBSP honey, couple drops of Vitamin E and Rosehip oil. Mix altogether.. It's divine. I rub it into my hands a little before applying to my face. That cuts down on the harshness. Works well as a lip scrub too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by NishaDS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sugar is one of the easiest and cheapest scrubs to use and I have been using it for years. I put a teaspoon of sugar in my palm, squirt some cleanser on it and massage the mixture on my face in circular motions. I rinse off with warm water and a washcloth. It scrubs gently and effectively, leaving my sensitive skin soft and smooth. Try it and you'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by stacey0125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using sugar as a facial scrub for over a year now. I got the idea from a book I read written by make-up artist Carmindy (she's on TLC'S "What Not To Wear) and I thought how simple and brillant is this. I works great. Unlike a lot of other scrubs I have used this actually scrubs your skin and you can feel it taking off all the dead skin, other scrubs I have used you can barely even feel the exfoliation- and they either irritated my skin, broke me out, turned my face red or just didnt work. This works as an amazing scrub. It works and leaves my skin SO SO Soft afterwards, Doesnt dry out my skin either which is a huge plus. this is my HG scrub and I will never use anything but this again. Dont waste your money-this is great and is so inexpensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by sumptousme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

read the fab reviews yesterday-and tried it out straightaway
MAGIC!
i'm moderate acne-type and currently using Benzaclin Topical Gel (with cetaphil cleanser & moisturiser). I have acne mainly on my chin (which is drying now as i'm using benzaclin)...THANKGOD
anyway, as this medication causes peeling i was advised by an "asthetecian" that i use swissTEC scrub (CAD80)...after spending hundreds on estee lauder, clinique, vichy and what have you i decided not anymore-scrubs make me breakout too so i was doubly scared to go and buy something...
so mixed a lil bit of sugar + lil honey and gently scrubbed my face...it worked wonders...i was very gentle specially on areas with acne
my skin felt smooth and brighter...i washed it off with warm water and then used a cetaphil cleanser +moisturiser
i'm so not going in for any commercial scrub after trying this at home
the chemicals can really screw your skin up...as much as a product junkie that i'm, you gotta draw a line somewhere :)
try it ladies-IT WORKS

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Never, am I going back to store-brought scrubs that are super harsh when I can simply make my own! I use sugar, olive oil and honey to make a 'paste' and then simply just scrub away! Sometimes, when I'm super lazy I'll just combine sugar with whatever facial cleanser I'm currently using and use that as a scrub. It works just as well. The sugar really does work. It removes my dead skin, leaving my skin super soft and I do notice that my skin looks alot brighter afterwards. Make sure you use a moisturiser afterwards. Also love using this as a lip scrub, add sugar to some vaseline and scrub away. Lips feel super soft and when applying lipstick, you don't get that flaky-lip look. Another great natural product which is easily avaliable and super cheap!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG exfoliator, if only I'd tried this earlier! I would have saved so much on 'exfoliators' with practically non-existent, tiny particles and fancy names. This is so cheap too! I like to add some sugar to my face wash because a lot of it does kinda of fall off the face/body then scrubbing and if it's added to another product it works better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by KelliaC

Thank you, thank you, thank you MUA!! I was so dissatisfied with all the exfoliating products on the market for my face, and then I saw the reviews here. So I took some sugar, mixed it with olive oil until it became pasty. I use Retin-A and have to exfoliate every day, but the regular scrubs weren't cutting it, and I had to use a hand glove to remove the dead skin on my face. I thought to myself there had to be something else less harsh than an exfoliating glove that I could use on my face. So I used the sugar scrub, and OMG!!! Nothing else has worked better. The sugar removed ALL dead skin and the olive oil left my skin so incredibly soft. I used to use Baking Soda, but that didn't work and I read it messed the PH balance on your skin and we shouldn't use it. The best is sugar for exfoliating, and I read that Glycolic Acid is derived from sugar and sugar is the best thing to use on our face, as it breaks down the glue that binds the dead skin cells together and doesn't affect the PH balance on our face. I will NEVER waste my money on any other exfoliating products. This stuff is my HG scrub!!! Once you've rinsed off the paste, follow with a good moisturizer.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

An unqualified "yes!" to repurchasing. Add a teaspoon of sugar to a gentle face-wash and you have the best exfoliating cleanser ever. I will never again spend $$ on a commercial exfoliating face-scrub! My skin feels incredible and looks good, too! My thanks to MUA for showing me the way.