December 21, 2014 | 1864 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by NishaDS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sugar is one of the easiest and cheapest scrubs to use and I have been using it for years. I put a teaspoon of sugar in my palm, squirt some cleanser on it and massage the mixture on my face in circular motions. I rinse off with warm water and a washcloth. It scrubs gently and effectively, leaving my sensitive skin soft and smooth. Try it and you'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by stacey0125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using sugar as a facial scrub for over a year now. I got the idea from a book I read written by make-up artist Carmindy (she's on TLC'S "What Not To Wear) and I thought how simple and brillant is this. I works great. Unlike a lot of other scrubs I have used this actually scrubs your skin and you can feel it taking off all the dead skin, other scrubs I have used you can barely even feel the exfoliation- and they either irritated my skin, broke me out, turned my face red or just didnt work. This works as an amazing scrub. It works and leaves my skin SO SO Soft afterwards, Doesnt dry out my skin either which is a huge plus. this is my HG scrub and I will never use anything but this again. Dont waste your money-this is great and is so inexpensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by sumptousme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

read the fab reviews yesterday-and tried it out straightaway
MAGIC!
i'm moderate acne-type and currently using Benzaclin Topical Gel (with cetaphil cleanser & moisturiser). I have acne mainly on my chin (which is drying now as i'm using benzaclin)...THANKGOD
anyway, as this medication causes peeling i was advised by an "asthetecian" that i use swissTEC scrub (CAD80)...after spending hundreds on estee lauder, clinique, vichy and what have you i decided not anymore-scrubs make me breakout too so i was doubly scared to go and buy something...
so mixed a lil bit of sugar + lil honey and gently scrubbed my face...it worked wonders...i was very gentle specially on areas with acne
my skin felt smooth and brighter...i washed it off with warm water and then used a cetaphil cleanser +moisturiser
i'm so not going in for any commercial scrub after trying this at home
the chemicals can really screw your skin up...as much as a product junkie that i'm, you gotta draw a line somewhere :)
try it ladies-IT WORKS

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Never, am I going back to store-brought scrubs that are super harsh when I can simply make my own! I use sugar, olive oil and honey to make a 'paste' and then simply just scrub away! Sometimes, when I'm super lazy I'll just combine sugar with whatever facial cleanser I'm currently using and use that as a scrub. It works just as well. The sugar really does work. It removes my dead skin, leaving my skin super soft and I do notice that my skin looks alot brighter afterwards. Make sure you use a moisturiser afterwards. Also love using this as a lip scrub, add sugar to some vaseline and scrub away. Lips feel super soft and when applying lipstick, you don't get that flaky-lip look. Another great natural product which is easily avaliable and super cheap!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG exfoliator, if only I'd tried this earlier! I would have saved so much on 'exfoliators' with practically non-existent, tiny particles and fancy names. This is so cheap too! I like to add some sugar to my face wash because a lot of it does kinda of fall off the face/body then scrubbing and if it's added to another product it works better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by KelliaC

Thank you, thank you, thank you MUA!! I was so dissatisfied with all the exfoliating products on the market for my face, and then I saw the reviews here. So I took some sugar, mixed it with olive oil until it became pasty. I use Retin-A and have to exfoliate every day, but the regular scrubs weren't cutting it, and I had to use a hand glove to remove the dead skin on my face. I thought to myself there had to be something else less harsh than an exfoliating glove that I could use on my face. So I used the sugar scrub, and OMG!!! Nothing else has worked better. The sugar removed ALL dead skin and the olive oil left my skin so incredibly soft. I used to use Baking Soda, but that didn't work and I read it messed the PH balance on your skin and we shouldn't use it. The best is sugar for exfoliating, and I read that Glycolic Acid is derived from sugar and sugar is the best thing to use on our face, as it breaks down the glue that binds the dead skin cells together and doesn't affect the PH balance on our face. I will NEVER waste my money on any other exfoliating products. This stuff is my HG scrub!!! Once you've rinsed off the paste, follow with a good moisturizer.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

An unqualified "yes!" to repurchasing. Add a teaspoon of sugar to a gentle face-wash and you have the best exfoliating cleanser ever. I will never again spend $$ on a commercial exfoliating face-scrub! My skin feels incredible and looks good, too! My thanks to MUA for showing me the way.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by TIAMARIACAT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using sugar as a face scrub since I was a kid. Works great ! It's an old models trick. I mix it with my cleanser, no need to get fancy. Use the remainder on your hands, chest, arms & anywhere else before rinsing off. Sugar has natural compounds that disolve the binders of dead skin cells .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used sugar scrub for my scalp before shampoo and I'm loving the way my hair looks right now. Talk about clarifying! I simply dissolved the sugar with hot water and rubbed in until nothing is left. I rinsed off with apple cider and shampooed and rinsed again. Clean and without flakes. This time of the year, I'm plagued by dry skin, from top of my head to my calloused heels. I use brown sugar as scrub for body and loving the softness of knees and elbows. You need a binder with the sugar for hold and ease of use, and I have numerous oils for that purpose. Jojoba and almond work well. Economical and I will not buy another body scrub this winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by lye013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love using sugar as a scrub! Goodbye harsh chemicals! I just use regular white sugar and mix that with some olive oil and honey until I get a 'paste' and scrub that all over my face avoiding eye area and rinse off with warm water. Sometimes if I'm lazy and can't be bothered using olive oil and honey, I'll just mix sugar with a creme cleanser and it work's just the same! Apply a moisturiser afterwards and my skin feels super soft! Great for super dry patches of skin and is perfect for creating a smooth surface. Never buying a store brought exfoliater again!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No