April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG exfoliator, if only I'd tried this earlier! I would have saved so much on 'exfoliators' with practically non-existent, tiny particles and fancy names. This is so cheap too! I like to add some sugar to my face wash because a lot of it does kinda of fall off the face/body then scrubbing and if it's added to another product it works better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by KelliaC

Thank you, thank you, thank you MUA!! I was so dissatisfied with all the exfoliating products on the market for my face, and then I saw the reviews here. So I took some sugar, mixed it with olive oil until it became pasty. I use Retin-A and have to exfoliate every day, but the regular scrubs weren't cutting it, and I had to use a hand glove to remove the dead skin on my face. I thought to myself there had to be something else less harsh than an exfoliating glove that I could use on my face. So I used the sugar scrub, and OMG!!! Nothing else has worked better. The sugar removed ALL dead skin and the olive oil left my skin so incredibly soft. I used to use Baking Soda, but that didn't work and I read it messed the PH balance on your skin and we shouldn't use it. The best is sugar for exfoliating, and I read that Glycolic Acid is derived from sugar and sugar is the best thing to use on our face, as it breaks down the glue that binds the dead skin cells together and doesn't affect the PH balance on our face. I will NEVER waste my money on any other exfoliating products. This stuff is my HG scrub!!! Once you've rinsed off the paste, follow with a good moisturizer.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

An unqualified "yes!" to repurchasing. Add a teaspoon of sugar to a gentle face-wash and you have the best exfoliating cleanser ever. I will never again spend $$ on a commercial exfoliating face-scrub! My skin feels incredible and looks good, too! My thanks to MUA for showing me the way.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by TIAMARIACAT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using sugar as a face scrub since I was a kid. Works great ! It's an old models trick. I mix it with my cleanser, no need to get fancy. Use the remainder on your hands, chest, arms & anywhere else before rinsing off. Sugar has natural compounds that disolve the binders of dead skin cells .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used sugar scrub for my scalp before shampoo and I'm loving the way my hair looks right now. Talk about clarifying! I simply dissolved the sugar with hot water and rubbed in until nothing is left. I rinsed off with apple cider and shampooed and rinsed again. Clean and without flakes. This time of the year, I'm plagued by dry skin, from top of my head to my calloused heels. I use brown sugar as scrub for body and loving the softness of knees and elbows. You need a binder with the sugar for hold and ease of use, and I have numerous oils for that purpose. Jojoba and almond work well. Economical and I will not buy another body scrub this winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by lye013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love using sugar as a scrub! Goodbye harsh chemicals! I just use regular white sugar and mix that with some olive oil and honey until I get a 'paste' and scrub that all over my face avoiding eye area and rinse off with warm water. Sometimes if I'm lazy and can't be bothered using olive oil and honey, I'll just mix sugar with a creme cleanser and it work's just the same! Apply a moisturiser afterwards and my skin feels super soft! Great for super dry patches of skin and is perfect for creating a smooth surface. Never buying a store brought exfoliater again!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is like gold dust. It, hands down, works the best out of ALL the scrubs I've ever used (high end to drugstore) and it's dirt cheap.

It's simple - Extra Virgin Olive oil + plain white table sugar. Mixed in my palm until it's mushy and easy to spread, and TADAAA!! It's an all in one scrub - for the hands, lips, face, body. Like with any exfoliator - you must follow up with a good moisturizer. I just use St. Ive's 24 Hour Moisture Restore.

As a nurse, I wash my hands literally hundreds of times a day. This reverses every bit of my day and makes my skin baby soft :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by bmfirkus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing.

I use Purity made Simple by Philosophy as my cleanser and I add sugar in the raw organic sugar for exfoliation and it is DAMN incredible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm in the process of going Natural with all my beauty products and sugar is on the top of my list. I will never buy a face scrub again. I mix sugar, organic raw honey, a splash of ACV (Apple Cider vinegar and either little olive oil or sweet almond oil. You have to make a paste and be careful not to add too much liquid or the sugar will disolve. I rub it in and let it sit for a few minutes, sometimes I let it sit for about 10 minutes like a mask, then scrub some more and rinse. MY skin is so soft and glowy afterwards.

If you wanna do a quick scrub, mix some sugar in with your cleanser. I keep some in my bathroom now in a sealed jar (Keeps the moisture out). I am using organic and natural cleansers like Alba and Dessert Essence. They work great with the sugar ! I have flakey skin on my chin and it does wonders for it. Make my makeup go on smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by beautybum

i mix a combo of honey, olive oil and either white or brown sugar (organic for all if I have it) and scrub away. the exact measurements of the concoction don't matter, as long as it makes a gritty paste.
Amazing for people with constant dry chapped lips like me, I use this on my lips almost every day/