September 30, 2014 | 1017 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Foundation Powder [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 8:21:00 AM More reviews by anandakatze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this on a recommendation from a friend. It does not irritate my sensitive skin (rosacea) the way that many products do. It gives medium coverage with a matte finish. I do not find that it controls oil well - using a primer helps (but I do have super oily skin). My skintone is about NC30 and I tried #2 in this. My colleagues asked me what I was doing, that my face looked really healthy and glowing. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by puttearsonice

Will definitely buy this again! It's a medium coverage, I wish it would have a tiny big more coverage, but I still love it. The lasting quality of this powder is amazing, it even lasts through my college lacrosse practices in south Florida. It's great with trying to control my oil. I'm a MAC NW 25, and wear a #4 in this.
    It is very lightweight, and doesn't cake when you put it on. If I were to put it in my purse and carry it with me, the packaging would be pretty bulky, but luckily I don't have to since it lasts so long. I use a kabuki brush to apply, and it can get kind of messy, brushing the powder all over the packaging, seeming to waste some.
    All in all, probably the best powder I've ever tried, love love love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by mollysarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really like this powder! High quality ingredients ensure that my sensitive skin doesn't break out. It blends really well. The best feature of this powder is that it controls oil very well for me. Typically with any foundation I'm very oily in a few hours, but this powder keeps my skin matte for a long time.

I can't give it five stars because the price is fairly high (no refills to put in the compact case) and it runs out quickly for me. However, you girls know how hard it is to find that perfect foundation, so I'm willing to shell out for this every month or so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

*Best used wet- will give instructions

For me this foundation lasts about 2-3 months on a daily basis. I used to use it daily, but I just graduated from college and had to leave my part time job, so I'm refraining from using this every day and am planning on using it for special occasions.

I bought after the Sephora sales lady tried it on my face because it best matched my skin tone compared to something else I tried in the store. At home, I was curious about using it wet, so I put a couple of drops of water on the sponge, squeezed the sponge so it was thoroughly damp, and swiped it over the powder, then swiped the powder on my face.

The coverage was amazing! It covered my acne scars as good as my liquid foundation, and for my oily/combo skin the shine doesn't come through as intensely as with liquids. It's so much faster and easier to put on in the morning, and you use less product than with a brush. The result was an airbrushed, smooth, almost full coverage look. This would be my go-to foundation, but for the price, I think I'll try minerals for a while. Maybe when I have a solid full-time job I can buy this on a regular basis!

The only thing about this foundation is that it's not extremely mattifying, but no worse than any other foundation, so I just make sure to use another translucent finishing powder on the top of this.

Oh yeah, I'm Asian and I bought mine in the summer (light to medium skin), and my color is #4, but I think I might be able to use #3 in the winter as well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by arbyf12d

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder has to be the best medium - full coverage powder I've tried so far. Although, it has it's downfalls. Besides that fact, I've been using this for about month. It hasn't caused any breakouts which is a MAJOR plus for me since I am acne prone. It is medium - full coverage. Feels very light on your face, and does stay matte throughout the day. Also, surprisingly have the perfect shade for me. No. 3. Now, downfalls. Packaging is bulky, and the powder does seem to get pretty messy. Can be drying and cling to dry patches. A pretty expensive powder foundation with the fact of me using this every day, it would only last 3 weeks at max. if you are using this as a full coverage powder as I am. I have experimented with this powder. I've used it with primer, without primer, with a brush, without a brush. I think the best way to get full coverage with a flawless application is to moisturize VERY well, apply a primer, and to use a kabuki or flat top kabuki brush. I have used other brushes, but I've found that, the denser the brush, the better the application. I use only 2 coats all over my face and it covers any acne scars that I have. Keep in mind that I do have pretty dark acne scars. So overall, it is great a powder foundation. I've just repurchased this product not too long ago. I would recommend it if you aren't on a budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by kellijhudson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder foundation is brilliant. Its light weight, it covers beautifully, it doesn't cake, its build-able, it reduces shine, its matte, it is everything. I could go on and on. I have used every product out there. Liquid, minerals, powders, powder foundation and I can't explain how much money I have wasted on products that just don't do what they say they will. I have seen the difference in quality from high end products to cheap-o drug store brands. This is a high end, great quality product.
    My skin is combo skin and my pores are enlarged and I have an oily T-zone. Pretty typical. This product is by far the best I have come across. I can talk all day about how great it is but we all want to know the down side.

1. Price. You get more for your money with other high end department store products. This one however a little goes a long way, so I justify the price. Plus I love the way it looks and lasts compared to others.

2. No SPF. I also justify that because I love to use it with the oil free tinted moisturizer. Gorgeous results and the tinted moisturizer has the SPF.
    Also, girls who have bridal photos, wedding photos or family photos coming up remember that it is the SPF that makes the face appear "ghostly white" its nice to have a product with great coverage on the market with no SPF for this very reason. My wedding pictures were amazing wearing this product.

3. Bulk. The design is a little bulky for my makeup bag. I like sleek design. This has an area under the powder that the puff stays in but I also have the pressed mineral powder and its more of a sleek design however no where to hide a puff for touch ups. I use a brush with the mineral powder anyway.

So enough said?

Definitely give this a try. Its worth it.

I spray tan and have a natural olive tone with oily T zone. I use #7.
    My BFF is fair with pretty freckles and drier skin and she uses #2.

Hands down best we have ever used! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 6:30:00 AM More reviews by MeganCrawford

Use a kabuki brush and this is excellent. You really dont have to use much to build coverage without looking powdery. I hardly use any, and only where I need it. I certainly would not use the sponge that comes with it. The main problem with it, as far as I am concerned is that it should come in a slightly nicer case, and be refillable. This would make it an excellent purchase. I have normal/dry skin and always use moisturiser and then Philopsophy poreless/flawless(a tiny bit!) as a primer. I will buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by gina123inmateo

UPDATE: With everyday use this foundation started to clog my pores :( and it was noticeable.. I got a lot more blackheads than usual. Sooo I switched back to the Bare Minerals Matte!! Its the only foundation that doesnt clog my pores. Also i reeeeaallly like BeneFits Hello Flawless powder foundation that also hasnt clogged my pores and it gives great coverage.

Ive tried Bare Minerals, Mac Studio Fix, Make Up For Ever, Clinique, Urban Decay, Every Day Minerals and drug store brands. And I COULD have settled for one of those brands but I just personally like LM the best. With Mac studio fix I'm an NC35 and I love the coverage but it made me oilier after a few hours :( Bare minerals didn't give me the coverage i wanted. Clinique colors are too pink for me. Everday minerals was wutever . Blah blah pretty much every powder foundation I used wasnt right for some reason. Very Frustrating.. I Bought it in No.3. I feel like its just a tad on the light side for me but the yellow undertone matches my skintone better than most of the others I've tried. I do use a Bronzer or contouring powder to add a sunkissed glow to my face and it works perfect! This foundation powder by itself gives medium coverage. I use the oil-free tinted moisturizer in nude because sand is too orange for me and then put this powder foundation over it and it covers like a dream.. not too heavy. I wouldn't use the sponge wet because I feel like it would be too heavy on my skin and change the color. Also the coverage is buildable. So I've been using this for a few weeks now and I haven't experienced any breakouts. In fact my chin which does break out occasionally has cleared up! So thats good news! No breakouts! The staying power is fantastic. I actually went to the movies last night and at the end of a movie I feel like I usually have to touch up my makeup which I hate because I don't like my makeup fading away and I went to the bathroom and was surprised to see my makeup still looked flawless still in tact and matte, Amazing. During the day I have to blot only once now! ( sometime by midday I wanna say.) I usually have to blot 2-3 times per day but not anymore. Wahoo!! I will probably just wear the TM on days when I dont feel like I need full coverage just to let my skin breathe :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Danamollin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to say that this is the best foundation I've ever used on my skin. I'm only giving it a 4 because you have to be sure to moisturize any dry spots to prevent them from getting worse--the powder has an ingredient to control oil. It's annoying because when I spot treat a pimple the skin will peel a little and therefore needs extra attention. But aside from that, after years of putting up with liquid & mineral foundations that run off my T-zone almost immediately no matter the weather, look hideous in sunlight, provide too little or too much coverage and give me acne -- I finally found a foundation that mattes my skin no matter the temperature, creates a completely even and flawless complexion without the look of heavy makeup, isn't "glowy" or "radiant", and doesn't give me acne. At nearly 40, it took me a lot of years and a lot of money to find this product. I stopped using it because it cost $40, but I couldn't find anything that matched my extremely pale skin with slight yellow undertones the way this does. It doesn't make me look outright yellow like so many other warm-toned products. I have a ton of pink in my cheeks and "gold" based foundations look ridiculous on me. I also realize that the right product can actually solve some skin problems and the wrong product just makes things worse. An added bonus is how quick and easy this is to apply & blend. Look no further if you can find your color match.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by lilac819

BEST POWDER FOUNDATION ON EARTH!!!!
    I Love this product!
    $40 - too expensive, so I would not buy this again. I use Makeup Forever Duo Powder Foundation ($32) instead, which is ranked #2 on my list.
    Very blendable! Very Buildable! I love how my face looked with it so much that I tend to use too much (which is fine) and I run out of it so quickly (1 month). I used 3 compacts before switching to Makeup Forever because of the price.
    Love this product tho, just wish it was cheaper.
    I will purchase again for special events.
    Very dependable product.
    Makes your skin look HEALTHY, and NOT CAKEY.
    Use kabuki brush.