October 23, 2014 | 2201 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - The Makeup Lifting Foundation SPF 16

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2005 3:46:00 PM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

UGH!!! I am so pissed off by this crap! I bought this based on the glowing reviews since I have normal to dry skin with a few fine lines starting and a few minor acne scars...MINOR ok? I moisturized as always with a normal consistancy lotion and even exfoliated before application. First off, this stuff is really dark. I have O 20 which is the lightest shade in the yellow based line and it was about 2 shades too dark. It covers nothing and I do mean NOTHING ( and I actually prefer sheer coverage fndt!) and feels like a suffocating mask! It doesnt smooth not a dang thing nor does it cover up pores (as per the package) FOr $40 this ought to atleast do something besides come in a pretty bottle. I have tested out this week, this Shisedio LIfting fndt, Chanel Vitalumiere and Clinique Repair Wear and so far the el cheapo Clinique has FARRR surpassed these 2 over priced cheap smelling bottles of paint! If you must give this a run, ask for a sample because even though you can return it, you will still be highly upset that you even spent the $40 in the first place if this doesnt work out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2005 4:42:00 PM More reviews by 052481

I finally found my HG foundation for my dry acne prone skin! I am so amazed. I swear this foundation is actually clearing me up and making my skin smoother. Coverage is full and cover my past acne spots, but looks like I'm wearing sheer foundation. I am just so happy I found this! I've been using this for 2 months and my skin has never looked better. U have to try it!

Sara

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2005 7:07:00 PM More reviews by pbs1022

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The very BEST foundation I have ever used. You ask why? B40 matches my MAC NW23/25 skin tone perfectly (even better than MAC). Wonderful coverage, very long lasting (even if I do not wear their Pre-makeup base under the foundation). Yes, it costs $40, but I use 2 pumps (which is very little) to cover my entire face (and that includes building the foundation on the areas that need it). It almost feels like you are putting Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation on your face because it has about the same texture. Lightweight foundation in a pump bottle that lasts through the evening, has wonderful coverage, is good for my skin, matches my skin, doesn't change color, looks natural (even if it is full coverage) and doesn't dry me out or break me out like all the MAC foundations do. I don't know if they supply or have samples available, but I sure would ask. Or, just have an MA do a makeover in the a.m., then shop awhile, and see how the foundation stands up during the day. In my book, this is definitely HG material and will repurchase!!!! I just wish I had tried Shiseido products long before now. I have spent ALOT of money on other foundations. One of the things I like the best is the fact that Shiseido actually matched my skin tone for the very first time in my 46-year old life. My MA told me that she guarantees all her products - just keep your receipt.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2005 1:50:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As much as I love Shiseido, this makes me feel like I'm suffocating. The finish is lovely, but very heavy, even when I mixed it with moisturizer. I'll stick w/ their fluid foundation- though I wish they'd put it in a pump, too. I prefer the color range in the Lifting formula, as it runs a tad darker.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2005 10:54:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Shiseido's new foundation for 2005. And truly innovative. Shiseido has jumped on the bandwagon of "anti-aging" foundations and weaved into this base a blend of Squalane and Hyaluronic Acid, which are two powerful antiagers that help retain moisture, plump skin, and over time keep skin plump and youthful. These two ingredients are also featured in the Shiseido lipstick line (P7 Red Luxe is my favorite). Shiseido knows skin care, despite being pricy -- this makeup runs $40 in department stores. But I believe it is worth it. I am 100 Very Light Ivory, which matches my skin very well. The makeup glides on smoothly, melts and melds with my skin, carefully dissolves blemishes and flaws. Undereye lines vanish, and my skin looks a little firmer with each application. Definitely hydrated and smooth. It brings out a nice glow. And I don't have to use much product -- less than a single pump works for my whole face. I apply this over moisturizer and it lasts all day. A soft, fresh, dewy, radiant finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2005 9:46:00 PM More reviews by hullabaloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a new foundation from Shiseido (as of 9/23/05). I don't think it lifts anything, but it is a very good foundation with an SPF of 16 (Titanium Dioxide based). It is a very creamy liquid that goes on somewhat thick, but then blends beautifully and ends up giving medium coverage on my over 35 combo skin; you can layer on more if you want more coverage. I'm using the lightest shade, 100, which is a great match for my PPP skin. The finish is not too matte and not too dewy; its just about perfect in my book. I usually use Bobbi Brown's Tinted Moisturizer in Extra Light or Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer in Nude. It retails for $40 and comes in a pump dispenser which works great; one pump dispenses just the right amount to do my whole face. I was looking for a little more coverage than my TM provides for fall and winter and this looks to be the right stuff. It feels great on and looks natural. My best friend stopped me and asked if I was wearing a new foundation because my skin looked so good and she raved about it. That's all I had to hear. Also, my skin is loving this; not a breakout in site. I like to wear a light moisturizer underneath it as I've found it blends better. A winner from Shiseido. Best foundation I've tried in years.