April 23, 2014 | 1410 users online

Powder - NARS - Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by marsdd

Great colors, nice product description, but it doesn't deliver. It's a setting powder at best, and that's what I've been using it for. It has hardly any coverage, and it's not particularly finely milled. Also, nylon-12 is actually a very common ingredient in many drugstore powders, so it's not something you need to buy high-end for. I was expecting better coverage, a buttery feeling to the powder, but no. It's a very run-of-the-mill pressed powder that's kind of blah. The Chanel powders are much more amazing. They feel lighter and actually, I think, weigh lighter! I choose St Tropez for my NC35 skin, but I could have chosen Barcelona as well. They have some new "good for Asian skin" colors now. So all in all, not impressed. Will not be buying a refill.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaspark

I use this powder foundation to touch up my face throughout the day and tone down the oiliness on my face that tends to happen throughout the day. I haven't used this foundation on its own because my skin tends to get very dry in the fall/winter. It's quite pricey but I really enjoy NARS products and the color matches perfectly on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by yggdrasil27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I purchased this powder and returned it promptly. It was a lovely shade (Sedona) perfect match, finely milled, top quality...what one would expect from NARS. My issue is that i just needed a lot of coverage. My horrible skin is just too spotty for this powder. I will have to go back to Studio Fix (C40) which actually made my skin look flawless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The reviews on this Nars Foundation start off really goood and end up bad, I suppose everyone is looking for somethjing specific, like to make skin appear more dewy or less oily, which ever the case, if you have dry skin its not the foundations fault! or if you have oily skin and it doesnt cover well,its no the foundatins fault!
All Im saying is this fundation is very well made, if you check the ingredients they are diffrent than many foundations out there especially for powder.It contains Nylon 12 which is a very special ingredient for a flawless look it gives radiance to the skin and leaves it feeling very silky.For those who have had problems with this foundation try using something under or over it before application, if you have dry skin use a primer and or very emolient moisturizer before application, if you have oily skin after application use a setting powder. Hope this helps.For those who have normal skin you are going to fall in love!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by mikhailfrancis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG POWDER! i am extremely amazed with Mat Lumiere, but i tried this and seen that it works better than the Chanel ML. Overall it mattifies my skin with a hint of dew. it melt seemlessly on my face:) for that no makeup - healthy look!:) i would definitely recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I have oily skin with some dryness to my cheek areas. There are different categories of powder foundations and this falls into the category of those that make me look worse. The color was right, but it was such a transparent coverage that wasn't really buidable, and accentuated pores and dry patches, that i look better without makeup than with this. I love the nars blushes, but i haven't had luck with their foundations. The cheapest powder that i use is much better than this. I can't imagine what this would be good for. You would have to be flawless and poreless for this to look right, and then--what would be the point. Plus, this is expensive, and not nearly high enough spf & no staying power. I will stick with shiseido's powdery & Yves st Laurent for now, and MUFE when in a bind. I guess I am finished searching for the perfect powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by ofo1220

This is an amazing matte finis poweder. Great coverage, doesn't even maximize pores like most powders do. The only drawback? Using it daily, it lasts MAYBE 6 weeks. A better alternative is the Fresh powders. I get very similar results (and similar price tag) but it lasts me at least 3-4 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by royaljosieness

I LOVED THIS POWDER FOUNDATION! It worked really well with my oily skin and matched my skintone. I love the packaging and I like how you can get a refill when you run out, just so you're not wasting money on buying a whole brand new container. As much as I love this product, I won't be repurchasing. It's way too much for my budget and I find that MAC Studio Fix works just as well, but for a lot cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by godsgirl619

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this pressed powder in Santa Fe with SPF...I really love Nars products and this powder was no exception. I would say the coverage is light-medium but def. buildable. Has great staying powder and the packaging travels well. Overall I will def. be purchasing again when I run out. Worth the price.
BTW: I have combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by dzoys

i have a hard time finding a good foundation. i keep thinking i want good coverage but even with the best color-match it looks fake. so i decided to try light-med coverage. things improved but i wasn't impressed until i came across this product.
i am using budapest, a shade darker than my skin but beings my face closer to matching the skin tone on my chest. i took two trips to sephra, applying in a split on my face. left side one color, right side the other. my boyfriend helped me choose the best shade, being that there are so many!

i purchased NARS foundation base, the SA at sephora told me u can use it for all NARS foundations, powders too. so i gave it a go and it made the difference i needed! i have been trying to stay away from SPF bc it makes a white glare on my face when taking pictures. SPF 12 is just right- i get a little glow, it looks healthy. i mean the photographs took me by surprise... dead serious!

when i apply this i feel like there is nothing on my face. but within like a half hour i look again i DO notice a difference, at that point i may reapply. so it takes some time to settle in.
i reapply maybe 2 times during the day and once when out at night, altho it's not all that necessary. i actually have had a few compliments on my skin in the past week which is unusual for me (and never happened with my other foundations) ...

i use a concealer for my blemishes. i found that depending on a high coverage foundation for this is a bad move for me, it lacks that natural HEALTHY look.
the price is steep but after tossing out so many cheaper ones i feel at peace. it's cray hw i have just one powder now and even my liquid and creme foundations are in the trash, adding up to a pretty penny. yuck!