January 28, 2015 | 1854 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I use this under my eyes to lighten the shadow. I think it works. Its not cakey, and its easy to blend. The shadows under my eyes are too bad so this works well. I think it does give the whole face a lift and you look less tired. The cons of this product is that its very expensive. Personally I also find it annoying that you need to click twice to get another shot of product out of the pen, and usually a little too much comes out.
I will continue to look for comparable products, but in the meantime, I would definitely consider re-purchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by amandalsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

40USD for a highlighter pen? I do just fine with my Dior Amber Diamond, thank you very much. While the YSL Touche Eclat served its purpose of a liquid highlighter/illuminator, I don't think its an essential in my make up stash. I use it mainly to highlight down the centre of my nose & cupids bow, as well as dab it over my concealer to take away the cakeyness. It works well; just not indispensable if you know what I mean. For illuminating my face, I prefer to reach for the Amber Diamond. To eliminate under eye cakeyness, I can always use my MAC Moisturecover Concealer in place of TE. I guess what I'm saying is - it really isn't worth the 40 bucks for the limited purpose it serves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes,please.
An HG for years.
Tried many others without satisfaction.
Perfect for my light to medium olive skin tone.
A top notch products.
Very glam presentation.
I panic when I don't have a spare!
Even with the chemical laden ingredient list, well worth the compromise.
Need need need.
Recommend.
Strongly.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by boezoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this a few weeks ago with a Sephora gift card. I wouldn't have purchased this without a gift card because of the expense. It's been on my radar for a couple of years but I just couldn't take the plunge. Now that I have used it I understand why it costs so much. It is worth the price. It is the first concealer I have used that does not settle into my fine lines underneath my eyes. It stays smooth & hydrated & in place all day. That type of product is close to impossible to find. I've tried dozens of concealers & primers & several combinations without results as good as this. I do use the Benefit Stay Don't Stray eye primer before using this, then foundation & finally I will use this last. I prefer to use my finger to pat & smooth it on. Using a brush seems to be a waste of product because it gets sucked into the brush & not as good of a finish. I set with Laura Mercier brightening powder using a blending brush. This combo has given me the results I've been looking for and I'm really happy with it. I should note that using this alone does not completely cover my dark circles (which are very dark + I'm pale so they stand out). I have used this over eye cream alone & it certainly perks up the eye area & improves it but I'm the type of gal that wants a flawless finish. So, using alone is only for weekends when I'm running errands & don't have time to fuss too much. Am I happy with the price? No. BUT I am willing to pay a pretty penny for a product that gives great results so that's that. I like the clicker pen packaging because it isn't messy & the control of how much product comes out is great. I'm sure a lot of product will be stuck in the tube when the clicker no longer dispenses so I might try chopping it in half & scooping out into a little container (like I did with the UDPP). I'll edit this review after I've tried that.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hunted this for so long! It was discontinued in Turkey for a while and it was impossible to find it. Especially in the shade #2. Finally I found a value pack at a duty free and I got it. I am loving it. It is the pefect highlighter / corrector for under eyes, It is sleep, exercise, happiness, nutrients and love in a small tube. For eyes that is ;)

EDIT**

If you have dark circles, sun spots, freckles etc to cover up under your eyes, this won't do the job. It has medium coverage power. But I still love it and it gives a unique brightness that no other concealer does.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i don't have dark under eye circles and most concealers cake & look so dry under my eyes no matter how well i moisturize my eye area with eye cream right before...so i prefer light consistency concealers for under eye and this works well covering any shadowing and brightens the eye area and i even use it to slightly lighten any spots on my face such as scars and sunspots. i also use it to highlight my brow and cheek bone. when i need to quickly run errands and don't want to put on makeup, i just pull this out and apply it quickly where i need it and go! and it makes me look so much more awake. i also like the brush applicator which makes it easy to apply precisely on small areas. try it out! but...if you have very dark circles, this product won't cover it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was a Cle de Peau concealer junky for years. Then I switched my allegiance to La Mer's concealer because CdP was too creamy, not long lasting enough and sometimes looked a bit cakey, although, IMO, I have a pretty light hand with mu application. La Mer was dryer and stayed put a bit longer, but still accentuated fine lines more than I wanted. I decided to give By Terry a shot. It has staying power and lasts but all of the colors are either too light, too dark, too orange or too pink and do not fade into my skin. Touche Eclat #2 is a tiny bit lighter than my skin with just the right yellow to pink ratio. It is slightly thinner than the By Terry, so I need more to cover darkness under my eyes. It does not accentuate lines and even makes them appear less pronounced. It has pretty good lasting power. I've only been using it for a few months, so I can't tell if it is HG yet, but unless something new comes out, for now it is.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by rockmom66

I have bad dark circles (genetics). I have tried so so so many different concealers. I love this stuff. I may have to use more than the average person, but I have to do that with every concealer. Only difference, this works and does not look heavy or caky on me. Its the right consistency, not to thin not to pasty. Was always hesitate to purchase cause of price, tried a 3 day sample & was convinced. I do like the pen style also.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by mondrew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hoping that this would diminish the appearance of the dark circles under my eyes, but didn't really do anything except look cakey and dry regardless of how little I applied. Not the right product for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

The hype is completely true on this product. Works wonders as a highlighting, light concealer. It'll definitely wake up tired looking eyes or make light undereye circles and bags disappear.

Initially, I got this as a sample, then purchased and use it daily. It won't hide large or extremely pigmented areas of the face, but it will give you a beautiful glow if used properly. I haven't had any issues with brush funk....you just wash the brush with soap and water or with a dab of alcohol as the instructions state. I use more than the 2 clicks that others mention but it's lasting me a while.

The formula is feather light, blends/melts into skin and doesn't accentuate lines or wrinkles. I love this stuff so much I bought it as a gift for others. Definitely try it out. It's helped a lot when I look a bit tired or under the weather.