April 16, 2014 | 1616 users online

Scrubs - The Body Shop - Africa Spa Body Salt Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by NantanYah

True, this doesn't have very much scrubbing action, but it is very moisturizing. I especially love the sexy scent and it doesn't leave the shower floor all slippery:) Since this isn't exactly a scrub,(I think it's more of an in-shower lotion, lol), I think I will only buy this every once in a while in the small jar... or maybe it would be wiser to just buy the big one and use it on occassion?... Either way it's definitely a repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I got this product hoping it would be a great salt scrub that wasn't greasy to alternate with my existing scrubs. Well it wasn't greasy but it wasn't scrubby either. Quite disappointed in it other than the nice scent, it was like a thick cream soap instead of a scrub. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2007 12:27:00 AM More reviews by AbsoluteScentualist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A wonderful salt scrub that I will most likely purchase again, despite the somewhat high price tag. I received a full size jar of this along with a bottle of Monoi Miracle Oil and Dreamboat Milk Bath for practically half price, so I couldn't pass up the gift set when I saw it online!

I am familiar with the Africa Spa Hand and Foot Honey Butter which I found incredibly moisturizing without leaving a greasy feel and with a light herbal-floral scent, and the salt scrub contains the same fragrance.

I find that if I simply spread this over my slightly damp skin, stand away from the shower and finish my facial routine, then scrub up beneath the shower, by the time I emerge and dry off, I have baby soft skin.

True, the salt isn't the most abrasive I've used, but it does a fine enough job. The scent is light and pretty and won't overwhelm you, and the oil content leaves the skin dewy soft without feeling filmy and coated in a layer of chemicals.

It was better than I expected, and I've already used a third of the jar. I love the fact that I can cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize all in one step, and don't even need to apply lotion after my shower. And, the scent doesn't intrude on the perfume I apply afterward. I just smell and feel clean and soft, and I will definitely repurchase when I run out. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2006 8:29:00 AM More reviews by dohan

I love the smell of this; however, the grains are too tiny I can't even feel the "scrubbing action" on my skin. Feels like body butter with a bit of salt. Also, the jar is somewhat annoying, I feel like I can break it any moment with its tight clasps. I just use a wooden tongue depressor (hehe) to scoop out the contents without having to spoil the rest with wet fingers, etc. I also use this during my before-bedtime-shower and the wonderful scent gives me restful sleep =) Skin feels so soft, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2006 4:35:00 AM More reviews by LeaLei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this scrub! Since I work at TBS, I have tried about every scrub we have through demonstrating them on customers, and this one is the best by far!!! Ok so the packaging is a bit tricky, but a scrub this thick would not be able to be pumped out...I just scoop the stuff out with a plastic spoon. The shea butter moisturizes while the sea salt exfoliates, and you're left with soft skin! Yay!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2006 7:21:00 AM More reviews by lian_qiu

I agree with the previous reviewer about the melting which means you'll end up wasting a lot of product. And I hate the fact that it's really hard to retrieve from the tub, you really have to dig your fingers into it. Much prefer squeezy tubes or pump bottles. And the clasp thing is old fashioned and annoying.

However, it does make my skin feel nice and soft afterwards. I might repurchase if they do something about the melting and improve the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2006 9:36:00 PM More reviews by DivineKali

The scent is divine... but other than that, this scrub fails to deliver. I would hardly call it a scrub, as a matter of fact. The salt dissolves away as soon as you apply it to your skin, hence no scrubbing action is to be had. The packaging is hopeless as well. Leaves skin moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2006 4:40:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

If u need that boast of sheen and smoothness on thr skin going thru it is a very rewarding regime.. minus the oily bathtoom floor.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2006 1:33:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this in a swap, and i am so happy with it! the smell is feminine, fresh and not overpowering, very pretty, but does not linger after you rinse, which is fine. The texture of the scrub is fine, but still gets you smooth and very soft, no grains all over your shower afterwards which is a HUGEG plus i think. a little goes a long way and i would purchse a full size of this scrub once my small sample jar runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2006 5:57:00 PM More reviews by reed413

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this and I love the scent! It smells kind of like patchouly or sandalwood, but w/o the noxious overpowering hippie stench. The granules are really fine and feel really nice on the skin. I don't know how much this costs, but most likely I will buy a full size container when my sample has been used up.