October 1, 2014 | 1797 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Individualist Natural Finish Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2007 8:34:00 PM More reviews by jazzy87

I have used Double Wear for the past 3 and a half years, but wanted something less heavy. When the MUA applied this - it was perfect! My shade was 1W1 Beech, which I would recommend to fair girls who are neutral to slightly warm toned. It just looked like really healthy, natural, glowy skin (whereas DW can get a bit masky if too much is applied). Naturally I bought it, but after 2 weeks of use, this is one of the worst I have tried. Coverage is very minimal on me, and when in natural sunlight, it is terribly sparkly - i'm talking serious glitter particles that even my bf noticed. Also broke me out like crazy in little bumps all under the surface :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2007 5:45:00 PM More reviews by jaimebaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i really like this foundation! it's not too cakey and it has a sweet smell! however the price is ridiculous. at least make the container bigger and give you more for what you're paying for!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by mdennington

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has a great creamy texture with somewhat good coverage for a lightweight foundation. My only complaint is that I wish it were longer wearing. But I agree with another reviewer that it's easy to touch up later in the day if needed. Doesn't dry your skin like other foundations. Plan to try with a foundation primer to see if I can get it to last a little longer. Would probably purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2007 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Wy

I'll start by saying I really, really like this lightweight foundation. I'm in my mid-50s, and live in a relatively dry area of N. California. I'm finding as I get older that I want my skin care regimen to do more and my makeup to do less -- and EL's Naturalist foundation fits this bill perfectly! It gives a sheer, very slightly moisturizing coverage when applied with a damp cosmetic sponge, and can be spread very easily. It doesn't contain sunscreen which I actually like -- my rather rich daytime moisturizer does though, so I'm not concerned at all about this. And, although I was bit leary about the actual color selection the sales rep chose for me, I guess the EL "color matcher thingy" was actually pretty good, because the Biscuit is just right for me.

If you want a relatively light look, this is a TERRIFIC find!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 11:24:00 AM More reviews by trinityblade24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After years of using drugstore foundation I finally bit the bullet and spent the $32.50/ 1oz. for this foundation...and it is the best $32.50 I have ever spent!!!! My specs:

Ethnicity: half Filipino, half India-indian
    Skin color: medium
    Skin tone: yellow, yellow, yellow!!!
    MAC color: NC40
    Skin type: oily and acne prone if I slack off in my skin care routine

Since I was a teen, I've been using drugstore foundation because I didn't want to spend the money...however every single DS foundation brand (Cover Girl, Revlon, Almay, you name it) is just too pink or neutral. Even the rare yellow-toned ones weren't yellow enough. Now that I'm in my 20's I said enough is enough and I went to the Estee Lauder counter because they were having a special sale. The SA gave me a sample of Individualist in 3W1 Cashew and after wearing it for two weeks, I was hooked!!!

Cashew is actually yellow enough to match my skin perfectly. It gives me a natural, flawless look, melts into my skin to cover red marks, pores, acne, and dark spots. It doesn't dry out my skin like oil control versions do, and it doesn't make me break out (unlike the MAC samples I tried). The color stays true and doesn't turn dark or orange as time goes by. Plus it lasts a good 8-10 hours and it rinses cleanly and completely at the end of the day unlike long-wearing foundations (hello Colorstay!!!). AND there's no SPF so I can wear my sunscreen underneath that's good for ME, and I won't have that super chalky sheen from SPF overload. The packaging too is great...plastic squeeze bottle...so it's break-proof and hygenic. And there's no smell...another plus. What more could you ask for???

After cleansing and moisturizing, I apply Individualist not with a foundation brush but with a medium sized POWDER brush. I lighly coat the bristles with makeup then gently roll the brush on my face, stippling and rolling to blend. I find this deposits a sheer wash of color rather than heavy streaks like a foundation brush can do. Once I'm done applying, I take the same brush and very lighly buff over my skin to blend, almost like "air-brushing". The result is soft, natural, diffuse, and stays put just like second skin (no creasing, melting, flaking, pooling)...I don't even use powder, and all that is needed is one or two blotting papers (depending on the weather) to eliminate shine. And all I end up using is one small pea sized drop.

I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good yellow-toned, natural feeling, good coverage, oil-free, non-comedogenic foundation.
    =-)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Alia1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just back from my local Boots store after a rep tried this on my skin. whilst it looked very good, natural and flawlwss in the shop when i got home after a 15 mins walk the foundation was gathered in all the wrong places nad looked like iw as waering some cheap brand!...so glad i never brought this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2007 7:07:00 PM More reviews by nelliedog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this product after reading the good reviews. I love it. Finally a foundation that is creamy and goes on smooth for my dry, flaky skin. And it does not have sunscreen in it, which I hate in my foundations and is almost impossible to find any these day without it in it. I would highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2007 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Longalisa

OMG, my HG of liquid foundations. I use 3W1 Cashew. I apply it with a foundation brush (Bobbi Brown) and the effect is a dewy, sheer finish. It seriously makes my skin look FLAWLESS without looking like I have a mask on. Also, when you apply it with a brush, you hardly have to use any at all. I purchased mine a little over a year ago and still have a bunch left (I wear it on the weekends).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by moth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went in for a tube of Double Wear and somehow walked out with this. I should know better, because it happens every time I let someone talk me into "matching" my skin. In the spring, this was excellent. I could put it on in the morning and I'd still be wiping of traces of it at night. But now that summer has come around, it doesn't stay on for more than an hour, tops. Even with a generous coating of powder. The color is good and the coverage is outstanding for such a lightweight foundation. And, sadly for me, very small amount covers a great deal of real estate -- I won't buy a new foundation until I've used the old one up.

This is a good foundation if you don't have oily skin and if you are not an active person.. and if you don't live in a warm, humid place.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by rucci80

it's a very sheer-like foundation, not too much cover that makes you look plastic, but not too light like tinted moisturiser.
    Overall, skin is illuminated and glowing, very smooth veil over skin, skin doesnt feel tight at all.

Packaging is simple and I like how the end where the foundation comes out is small and direct. Some products have big holes and the foundation spills out. This foundation could even be used as a concealer due to the spot precision hole!

My only gripe is that its quite a small tube and also the price in AUD$66....