November 20, 2014 | 1969 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by celina5847

I've been using oil to clean my face even before it was the thing to do. I takes off makeup including mascara sooooo easily!!! But just today I decided to follow up with the new Dickinson Witch Hazel (the one with the yellow label) THE COTTON BALL WAS FREAKING DIRTY!!!!!! I always thought the oil was cleaning my face because it looked clean, it felt clean..boy was I wrong. I'll still use the oil to clean my face of makeup as I find it easier than washing my face, but I will follow up with witch hazel from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I had been using refined coconut oil and was not that impressed with what it did and almost gave up. Someone suggested extra virgin because it has all the fatty acids and retains everything you need for skincare and hair. I decided to take the plunge and wow. It is different than refined.

It left my hair very soft and shiny only after using it as a mask for 3 hours. No greasy build up and my hair smells like coconut still a day later. Very easy to apply and doesn't drip or get messy. I also used this as an eye and face makeup remover and was seriously impressed. It removed my stubborn eye makeup so easily it was almost a joke to eye makeup removers.

My eyes are very sensitive and get very dry underneath and this kept them soft. I cannot use this as a moisturizer unfortunately on my face because it breaks me out, but I do use it for makeup removal and hair masks. I DO use grapeseed oil and rosehip oil for my face and they are so superior to anything I have ever used as a moisturizer.

BUT, big difference between REFINED coconut oil and EXTRA VIRGIN! Beware of the two because the refined does not do much for me at all, and does not smell like anything. There IS a significant difference in what they do for my hair and makeup removal. I hope this helps!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Anahata66

I'm so glad I started using coconut oil. It smells wonderful and seriously works great as a moisturizer. I use a small amount on the face, sometimes on the body as well. I haven't tried it as a hair mask yet, but coconut oil is also great for cooking, in fact i've replaced my olive oil with coconut. I have a jar in the kitchen and a jar in the bathroom! it's just great stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by monty2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used the Nutvia organic oil, I was hoping this would clear up my KP on my arms but instead it just made them and my dry legs blotchy and irritated. I tried some on the back of my neck and now have a rough dry patch that was not there prior to using (my neck has never had dry skin) also even though the smell was not strong in the container once it was on my skin it smelled very "earthy". Disappointed this did not work for me was hoping to use as a body moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by intheflatfield

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stuff. I have a lot of fine wavy hair that's prone to frizz, and coconut oil makes it look and feel just wonderful. Once every two to three weeks I apply a hefty handful of this all over my dry hair (I've never tried it on wet hair) and let it soak in for an hour or two. Then I shampoo and condition like normal and my hair turns out very soft and shiny. Even though my hair is fine, I don't find that it weighs it down or leaves it greasy. It may not agree with every hair type or texture, but for me it's great stuff that I highly recommend everyone at least give a try. And there's the bonus of being able to just rub any excess into your hands rather than needing to wash them after application - leaves the cuticles nice and soft!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Last summer I came down with the worst case of flea and mosquito-induced dermatitis on my lower legs I have ever had. Nothing seemed to cure the itch and by the time I hauled my butt to my doctor and got a prescription oral antihistamine, I'd dug huge craters into my legs and feet. Add to that the inevitable dryness of using topical antihistamines and I was a mess. I thought I'd never get rid of the dryness or get the scars to clear up.

Then I started reading reviews about coconut oil and thought I'd give it a try. If it didn't work, I wouldn't be out a ton of money and I could always give the jar to one of my co-workers. I made sure that the coconut oil I bought was cold-expressed without hexanes and the other nasty stuff that's in other coconut oils---I didn't need something else to break me out!

I am SO glad I took the plunge! Not only did the dryness clear up in a week, I've noticed that the scars on my legs and feet are fading, especially one large place on my foot that was the size of a silver dollar at its worst. The KP on my upper arms has faded and I think my tattoos are looking better than ever. This stuff also works like a charm for the nasty peeling mess I get under my nose when my allergies are out of control and am blowing my nose every second.

Right now I just scoop out what I need from the jar and warm the solid oil in my palms, but I've also placed the jar close to the heater vent in my bathroom to melt it down so I don't have to mess with the solid oil. The smell was a bit of a turn off when I first began using the oil, but I think that's due to comparing the natural product with, say, coconut scented perfumes. Not enough of a turn off to take any lippies off!

If you're looking for a nice, natural conditioning oil and aren't allergic to tree nuts, this is it. I haven't used it for anything else other than moisturizing, but I think when I run out of the conditioner I'm using to shave with I might just try using this as a shaving oil. Good stuff and not all that expensive!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

This stuff rocks! I tried using it on my face with baking soda as a exfoliators and it worked the first time, the second time I got a pimple because it made my skin too oily..But, it's still good to use once and a while. I now use it under my eyes for moisture and I love it! I think everyone should have some.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by sarahmorgan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Guys, PLEASE be careful using coconut oil if you're a first time user. After reading so many wonderful reviews, I started using EVCO as an all over body moisturizer. For the first week, it was great: my skin felt very moisturized and soft. However, I soon noticed red bumps were forming all over my body. I immediately stopped using the oil, but the bumps continued to form where I had used the oil. I am still trying to recover from this massive skin reaction, which is taking a long time to heal. Lesson learned: ALWAYS test patch before using a new product!

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by andrea0611

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased a jar of this for about $5-6 a few weeks ago. So far I have been using it daily. I use it to remove makeup, I mix it in my Cetaphil moisturizer (about the size of a small pea) for my face. I also use a tiny bit and oil up (lol) my son (1 year old) during his bath.
It smells heavenly!
The container was a great big size, but, like almost all CO, it is in a glass container with a screw off top. In order to keep it hygienic I make sure to use something to dip into it with, I do not use my fingers.
Very happy I found this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by rujteara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love coconut oil. I drink it in my hot tea or coffee 3-4 times a day...start with 1 a day for a week and work your way up. When I start slacking on my consumption of this I turn into a crying hormonal mess...it does wonders for your health..just google it!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No