April 21, 2014 | 1306 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by DJCee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Love the black currant scent!!.......but................

all in all a waste of money!! the girl said it would last about 3 weeks but it didn't even last a week!breaks off into tiny little pieces, is really slippery just a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by CassandraHCM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just had to write a review on this product to boost the ratings!!! Despite the low ratings, I headed out to Lush and bought this as part of an amazing haul! I just tried it tonight and I must say I AM IN LOVE!!! Firstly, the gorgeous black curranty smell reminds me soooo much of this Body Shop Bath Jelly I was in love with as a kid that was discountinued, booo :( It is sooo comforting, actually very reminiscent of The Comforter Bubble bar which is another one of my Lush favourites. Anyways back to the shower jelly. . . I don't find this product gimicky at all. I break off a small piece of the jelly (about the size of a quarter? maybe a little more) and sort of jam it into my shower loofah... then I just work it with some water and beautiful, gorgeous smelling lather envelopes me!!! AH-mazing!... The cardboard box packaging is kinda inconvenient but hey its better for the environment so lets deal with it! I bought about 7.50$ CDN of this jelly and feel that I have enough for about 8 uses so the price isn't so bad either. Overall, I'm sold, I will definitely repurchase this fun, super enjoyable shower jelly!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dont get cherry muffins and doughnuts as its described. Nor does it smell like Cherie Ripe to me (Thank god for that....Cherie Ripe smells like cat pee). This is strong in currants. A wonderfully sweet smell. The fiancee says it smells like bubble gum, which I can see. Fans of the sweeter smells...will love this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 11:45:00 AM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this with my birthday gift (an assortment of bath bombs, which I really enjoy!). The product description says to add water, then rub palms vigorously for lots of lather. So I tried that with just 1/2 of the sample and got a little lather...and blobs. I tried using the blobs like soaps but they're quite slippery! Since it was a sample, I got more vigorous with the rest of it. Still just a little lather but blobs everywhere! It looked like I had dropped a jar of grape jelly in my shower. Amusing and fun, but most of it went down the drain. The scent was ok, a little too sweet for me, but it didn't linger. It was a gentle product but not useful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 7:37:00 AM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I adore the smell of this. I'm into sweet smells, so it's perfect for me. It's not easy to use, but the smell is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by bethch

I'm unsure weather I'd buy this again! It smells delicious, but does it actually get you clean, and foam enough to lather up? To be honest, no.
For fun, looks and smell factory I'd definately buy this again, I just don't think the shower jellys lather enough. Come on LUSH and make another product (lipbalm, shower gel) that smells of sweetie pie, perfectly blacurrant and ribena-y :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by RoxieFoxie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Im so torn of what kind of review I should give this product! You know , like when u'r not sure you actually like a product or not and cant decide how many lippies it deserves? Well , here I am!

The only thing I will say is that : This shower Jelly is so FUN to use! I laughed the entire time in the shower , while using this! Just because I felt a bit like a kid , playing with a slippery "monster" , that tried to escape me all the time!

I managed to wash myself , but it took longer then usual :-) . Smells OK'ish , probably not exactly like what I'd usually use ...

I'd use it again just because it brings out the kid in me so much , and I love it , had such a giggle in the shower with it!

I'll edit after more uses ( if the giggling stops after the novelty runs out ).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2007 3:55:00 AM More reviews by no_regrets_coyote

HATE the smell, LOVE the texture. jellies are super-fun, especially when you keep them in the freezer. this one just smells so bad! but i'll be buying more of other scents.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 12:56:00 AM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

You definitely need to be the kind of person who can appreciate this for what it is~ a concept product, designed to be fun, stand out from your normal blah routine, and smell delicious.

I love it! Obviously if I'm in a hurry it doesn't work for me, but I take around 4 showers a day and I love playing around with this stuff in the shower (even better when you've got your SO with you!) it's just a FUN product.

I took a lippie off because the smell is a bit like cough syrup after a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2007 4:56:00 AM More reviews by iloveshoesandcoffee

I purchased this against my better judgment, knowing that the concept of a shower jelly was silly and impractical. But I couldn't resist the scent. This smells great - like cherries and blackcurrant jam. Wonderful, but WHY OH WHY cannot Lush make this in a regular squeeze bottle shower gel? (I know that they are trying to conserve on packaging for the environment....but still...a plastic bottle is not much more damaging than the plastic tub that this comes in anyway!) The consistency of this product is like Jello, it jiggles and flops around your shower like it would on your plate. It is a pain to use but it is not as difficult as I thought it would be. I scoop a small bit out of the tub with my fingernails and then push it into the center of my shower puff. It does lather well and is pleasant to wash with. I just hate the concept of a jelly. It is really silly. I do hope they change the format of this soon!