October 24, 2014 | 1699 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by grace123

This is one of those products that is a "nice to have" but not a "must have." It smells like blueberries or blackberries; exactly like The Comforter bubblebar and You Snap the Whip body butter.

I use this when I'm needing a pick-me-up, as the smell makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. The jelly consistency is a neat concept, yet rather annoying as it slips easily in the shower. It does lather up nicely, and a 100g tub lasts a good couple of months. It also leaves my skin smelling absolutely delicious and feeling rather nice.

I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by oncemorewithfeeling

The scent is delicious, exactly like you snap the whip body butter and the comforter bubble bar. This has an amazing lather and the scent fills your shower making it extremely enjoyable. If the smell wasn't so good i probably wouldn't repurchase as because it is the consistency of jelly it's a bit fumbly and if you drop it in the shower it's horrible to try and pick it up, not to mention cutting it is also difficult....BUT, i still love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by ems001

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an interesting product, the first time I used it I just rubbed it on my body, and although that worked somewhat, a lot of product got washed away b/c it doesn't lather up quick. Today I used it with a body pouf, and it lathered better, but still not as much as I would have liked it.
The smell is not bad, it is fruity - cherry soda and grape. I like it but I am not in love with it. It also goes away pretty fast, does not linger. A CON - it did not moisturize at all, my legs were pretty dry after using it.

I'm not sure I would get 80 -100 uses out of it (like the previous reviewer said). Even with a body pouf, it did not lather as much and I still used a decent amount. I would say half of that so 40-50, maybe I am using too much, but it does not feel like it.

It is a fun alternative to a regular shower gel or soap bar. And I would definitely like to try the other scents, like Whoosh

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm kind of shocked at the low reviews of this, but after reading many I found it was because of improper use more than anything.

When talking to my LUSH sales associate (aka my best friend) she said the way that it was meant to be used is my cutting it up into extremely small pieces and crushing it into a shower poof. When put in the shower poof, it was extremely easy to get a really rich and thick lather. When you just rub the block against yourself, you are loosing product more than anything because it won't really active the bubbles therefor not really doing much in the soap department. When cutting up the shower jelly into little pieces I got almost 80-100 pieces for $12...so I think its totally worth it if you think about price per amount of use you get out of it.

When realizing that there was glitter in this I got worried for a second, but then come to find out the glitter was micro-fine. None of the glitter sticks on your skin, nor is it abrasive since it is in fact so fine.

As for the smell, when I first got it, it was waaaayyy too overpowering to the point that it made me queasy. But what I did was while away for the weekend I left it in a cool dark area exposed to air, and the scent calmed right down to the point of where I could enjoy it. It smells just like berry jam to me now (instead of the chemical scent that I got at first). I almost use this everyday now, and I'm constantly getting told that I smell good, so its likely if you use it as well, you will get the same response. This is my HG LUSH product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love playing with this in the bath tub! It smells like Grape to me!
This lathers really well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by CocoMinx

What a sweet smelling product! helps that its also incredibly sparkly! really does smell like candy and everything sweet! but not sickly of course.

works best if you squish a tiny bit onto a shower flower (the netting things) and lather it up with a smidge of water. you'll get much more out of it that way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by xAysha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was suprised to see so many low ratings on this product! i love it. it smells like cherries & ribena, its dark purple and has blue-violet glitter. it leaves ur skin lightly scented and soft.
------
Before using i searched the internet for the best way to use it and found this video which towards the end shows how to-

------
I take a tiny bit of the jelly, make sure my body is wet all over, squish the jelly into the center of a wet shower-puff/loofah and rub the shower-puff in your hands to work it up, then wash your body in circles, as shown in the video above, they lather up AMAZINGLY. get so much foam and its really frothy and silky, i hope this helps somebody! x

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by DJCee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Love the black currant scent!!.......but................

all in all a waste of money!! the girl said it would last about 3 weeks but it didn't even last a week!breaks off into tiny little pieces, is really slippery just a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by CassandraHCM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just had to write a review on this product to boost the ratings!!! Despite the low ratings, I headed out to Lush and bought this as part of an amazing haul! I just tried it tonight and I must say I AM IN LOVE!!! Firstly, the gorgeous black curranty smell reminds me soooo much of this Body Shop Bath Jelly I was in love with as a kid that was discountinued, booo :( It is sooo comforting, actually very reminiscent of The Comforter Bubble bar which is another one of my Lush favourites. Anyways back to the shower jelly. . . I don't find this product gimicky at all. I break off a small piece of the jelly (about the size of a quarter? maybe a little more) and sort of jam it into my shower loofah... then I just work it with some water and beautiful, gorgeous smelling lather envelopes me!!! AH-mazing!... The cardboard box packaging is kinda inconvenient but hey its better for the environment so lets deal with it! I bought about 7.50$ CDN of this jelly and feel that I have enough for about 8 uses so the price isn't so bad either. Overall, I'm sold, I will definitely repurchase this fun, super enjoyable shower jelly!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dont get cherry muffins and doughnuts as its described. Nor does it smell like Cherie Ripe to me (Thank god for that....Cherie Ripe smells like cat pee). This is strong in currants. A wonderfully sweet smell. The fiancee says it smells like bubble gum, which I can see. Fans of the sweeter smells...will love this.