LUSH Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

3.7

Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cherry Infusion (Prunus cerasus), Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Coconut Infusion (Cocos nucifera), Perfume, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Cassis Absolute (Ribes nigrum), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), *Limonene, *Linalool, Iridescent Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate and Acrylates copolymer), Snowflake Lustre Colour, Colour 61585, Colour 18050, Methylparaben * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

on 8/30/2010 11:23:00 AM

i love this jelly =]
its smells exactly like the comforter bubble bar which i also love, it just smells like berries and fruit pastels
i love that its a jelly and so fun to use although it can be a bit slippy.
my only issue is the although i love this shower jelly all the others are just gross i really want lush to make another new shower jelly or bring back the big calm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I luuuuuurve this!
It smells just like the Comforter bubble bar, sweet blackberries.
It has an awesome texture, super jiggly and gelatin like, it's so fun!
It has a nice lather with a poof, and leaves a soft scent on your skin.
I adore this and recomend it heavily!

on 8/1/2010 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a super fun soap! The consistency is just like jello, wiggly and jiggly = super fun. Smells very fruity like candy or grape crush. I can't put my finger on it, but I love the scent. It doesn't linger and isn't overpowering while you use it though. At first, I couldn't get this to work. I tried to get a lather with just my hands and it didn't produce very much. Then I tried with working it in my mesh sponge and viola! Tons of lather and bubbles. As much as I love this, I probably will not purchase in the future. This was initially such a novelty to me and to my knowledge, lush is the only one to have a jelly soap that I have seen. Sorry if I am wrong! I have since just started making my own and having fun with an array of scents that I like and choose from and it is sooooo much cheaper to make it at home. With that said, thank you lush for introducing such a novel idea!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is really fun stuff! I mean it's not going to set the world on fire, it's just shower gel in a jelly, but it's sure neat. It definitely smells amazing, and I do wish the scent stuck around a bit more- I use it with You Snap The Whip though, and the smell sticks around for a long while with both.

It's nice in a shower poof, and still nice by itself, just sort of rubbed on, but it unfortunately slips out of my hands all the time that way. It does lather either way though.

I'm not going to buy it again, because, well, I don't really need any. But I love getting it as a gift!

on 5/24/2010 10:31:00 PM

I loved this product and I use a shower poof along with it. The result was great with a rich lather and great scent. The sales associate told me that she never tried it with a shower poof which I try both way. Using this jelly without a shower poof made it very liquidy and a waste so my best bet would be using a shower poof for this pproduct.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The trick to this product is to find the best way to use it for you. You can put it in a puff and it lathers really nicely, or you can mush it up in a blender and use it as a sort of gloopy shower gel, or put it in the freezer and use it during summer to cool down, it really depends on how much time you want to put into using it.
It is worth it though as it smells delicious; like berrys. I would say, however, that the smell doesn't reallly linger on your body which is a shame as who wouldn't want to smell like that all day.
As for benefits to the skin I didn't notice too much. It certainly didn't make my skin any worse nor did it dry it out so I wouldn't buy it for its amazing skin properties. It would be brilliant as a gift to a child (or maybe teenager to encourage them to bathe once in a while!). And a good gift to introduce someone to Lush.

on 5/8/2010 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of those products that is a "nice to have" but not a "must have." It smells like blueberries or blackberries; exactly like The Comforter bubblebar and You Snap the Whip body butter.

I use this when I'm needing a pick-me-up, as the smell makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. The jelly consistency is a neat concept, yet rather annoying as it slips easily in the shower. It does lather up nicely, and a 100g tub lasts a good couple of months. It also leaves my skin smelling absolutely delicious and feeling rather nice.

I will repurchase.

The scent is delicious, exactly like you snap the whip body butter and the comforter bubble bar. This has an amazing lather and the scent fills your shower making it extremely enjoyable. If the smell wasn't so good i probably wouldn't repurchase as because it is the consistency of jelly it's a bit fumbly and if you drop it in the shower it's horrible to try and pick it up, not to mention cutting it is also difficult....BUT, i still love it.

on 2/13/2010 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an interesting product, the first time I used it I just rubbed it on my body, and although that worked somewhat, a lot of product got washed away b/c it doesn't lather up quick. Today I used it with a body pouf, and it lathered better, but still not as much as I would have liked it.
The smell is not bad, it is fruity - cherry soda and grape. I like it but I am not in love with it. It also goes away pretty fast, does not linger. A CON - it did not moisturize at all, my legs were pretty dry after using it.

I'm not sure I would get 80 -100 uses out of it (like the previous reviewer said). Even with a body pouf, it did not lather as much and I still used a decent amount. I would say half of that so 40-50, maybe I am using too much, but it does not feel like it.

It is a fun alternative to a regular shower gel or soap bar. And I would definitely like to try the other scents, like Whoosh

on 10/14/2009 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm kind of shocked at the low reviews of this, but after reading many I found it was because of improper use more than anything.

When talking to my LUSH sales associate (aka my best friend) she said the way that it was meant to be used is my cutting it up into extremely small pieces and crushing it into a shower poof. When put in the shower poof, it was extremely easy to get a really rich and thick lather. When you just rub the block against yourself, you are loosing product more than anything because it won't really active the bubbles therefor not really doing much in the soap department. When cutting up the shower jelly into little pieces I got almost 80-100 pieces for $12...so I think its totally worth it if you think about price per amount of use you get out of it.

When realizing that there was glitter in this I got worried for a second, but then come to find out the glitter was micro-fine. None of the glitter sticks on your skin, nor is it abrasive since it is in fact so fine.

As for the smell, when I first got it, it was waaaayyy too overpowering to the point that it made me queasy. But what I did was while away for the weekend I left it in a cool dark area exposed to air, and the scent calmed right down to the point of where I could enjoy it. It smells just like berry jam to me now (instead of the chemical scent that I got at first). I almost use this everyday now, and I'm constantly getting told that I smell good, so its likely if you use it as well, you will get the same response. This is my HG LUSH product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

LUSH Shower Jellies: Review & Demo by Danielle (LePooke)