July 23, 2014 | 1283 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by AutumnBliss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I keep coming back to sheer cover foundation. I have used other minerals. This works best for me in all aspects. It covers redness, and minimizes my pores The shade actually matches. It did take awhile for me to learn how I needed to apply this foundation. Once I got a technique down, I really loved it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

When I looked this up, I was startled by the bad rating. However, reading through the almost 300 reviews, I see that about 98% of them are pretty much reviews of the company/mailing program/etc and not the actual product. People who didn't read the fine print and come here to complain about it really don't help the people who are just looking for honest reviews of the product itself. That's where my review comes in.

Let me begin the review with this: I don't have acne. I don't even ever really break out. I do use the Proactiv system as I find it reduces my skin's tendency to get oily, as well as keeps it amazingly smooth. I don't have much redness or unevenness, and I don't need almost any coverage. In fact, I don't really need foundation at all. And that is why I love this product - because it's just a thin veil of product that makes my skin look absolutely airbrushed. I, in fact, do own an airbrush system, and this offers extremely comparable results for me.

I have tried others, such as BE, and they just did not work - obvious, itchy, and not a perfect match. I refuse to buy two shades and attempt to get it perfect every day, so BE was out of contention there.

I hate always relying on liquid foundations as I don't need too much coverage, and I feel like they just sink into my pores. My work is very quiet, and I dislike wearing much makeup unless it's a really special event, so this was perfect for me. It's easy to apply, and a little goes a long way. I use my MAC 109 brush to buff, buff, buff and it looks great! My other products go on wonderfully over top of it, as well. Prior to application I apply MAC Matte gel as a primer, and everything stays in place all day, no matter how I sweat. It rarely will ever get cakey on me, but in the event it does, a little misting of water of Fix+ does the trick and brings it back to life!

I purchased this at the Proactiv cart in my mall for two reasons: I, seemingly unlike most others, DID read the fine print and didn't want to get locked into such a program, and I wanted to get color matched. I am an NC20-25, MUFE HD #117 and the color Bisque matches me perfectly. I did try Frost but it cast a ghostly look about my face.

I wish the packaging was a bit sturdier, or locked like the new BE containers do. However, I think this will be great for travel, as I like to travel light and quick, and since this is a powder it can be carried on flights. For a powder I think ~$28 is a bit expensive, but it's much cheaper than my preferred liquid foundations, so I'll take the trade-off. It also seems like it will last a long time since only a little is needed for great, even coverage.

Overall, this is a huge win for me! I will keep repurchasing.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by ilovemakeup15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. Actually when I first purchased it I didn't like it at all. I stopped using it for a while but after I ran out of my liquid foundation I decided to give this another chance. To my surprise it was amazing, I realized that I was using it all wrong. Now that I've learned how to apply it better I can't live without it. It' also a plus that it keeps my skin clear with all it's natural product.

I ran out the mineral foundation so I returned back to my liquid foundation and it broke me out so bad. I called sheer cover and had them ship me out another shipment asap. I have acne prone skin and oily skin this product really stays on for the day although touch ups are always are necessary. But my point is this is a great product and the good thing about it is you can customize your kit so it's not super expensive. I actually think its pretty affordable and I'm an undergrad student.

I've tried other mineral products but honestly I don't think anything compares to this. This is my HG mineral foundation. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by jenniferhearts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used this product for 3 years when I was 19-21 and I loved it! Back then my skin was pretty clear and had little flaws except for redness under my cheeks. I used the concealer for that area and the Light/Fair kit for the rest of my face. It really evened my skintone out and worked great. People thought I didn't wear makeup and always complimented me on my skin. Later on, I needed more coverage so this makeup became obsolete.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have bought this a few times in Golden i must say i love you buff it in and it gives you a wonderful glow. I have tried a million mineral losse powders MAC, Bare essectials Non branded and branded but this tuff is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by puddin6206

I love this product I tell you what I tried diffrent products so that I would not have to order it with no luck so now I have all these products that don't work and in the long run I end up back with sheer cover I happen to have a touch of redness and some scares witch it covers great and the brushes are the best I would recomend this to anyone

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by jennarock11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is nothing special. I guess i just bought it because im a sucker for info-mertials. Its very light with pretty much no coverage. the colors that i got for medium shades ( buff, latte) were just weird colors. I took a break from this for awhile then went to put it on for the first time in about a month and i wasnt used to seeing the color so i thought it made my face look green. It is fine makeup for people who dont need any coverage and just need a basic healthier look, but for most people, it doesnt really work to well.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by beckyrod

I've been using Sheer Cover for about 5 years, and it was the first makeup I found that matches my fair-medium, warm/yellowish undertoned skin. I use the medium selection, which comes with buff and latte. Buff is a good match for me all year round, but during summer when my skin gets slightly tanned, I like to use the latte as a bronzer. I have very sensitive and acne-prone skin, and this has never made my acne worse or irritated my skin. I've tried other drugstore mineral makeup, such as Maybelline and Loreal, and they irritated my face and made me break out. I do have to blot often due to my oiliness, and it doesn't last me all day. Towards the end of the day you can notice the powder starting to crease and set into any fine lines. I do NOT recommend ordering from the website or infomercials. You will get locked into monthly payments, and they keep sending and charging you for new kits before you even finish what you have. Now that I know my shade, I order from ebay and amazon. I pay about $15 a powder, and the powder usually lasts me 4-6 months. All in all, I recommend trying this if you know your shades and order from ebay or amazon, or can find it cheap anywhere else.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:06:00 AM More reviews by dellaelvina

I've used several mineral products before but this was the first one I've used. At first it was great and I had some people complementing my skin. But then I wanted to try other mineral products and see how it differs, now that I compare it, it's not much different to the others I've used that's cheaper. All the mineral foundations I've used does not last all day since my skin tend to get very oily in some areas.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Amomof5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Used it for a while and made my skin itch. I don't ever use it anymore because of that. Didn't do anything spectacular.