Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 3/26/2013 7:35:00 PM

I love this oil, smells delicious, leaves no oily residue and is great for all your dry skin needs.

I recommend you go for the 100ml bottle if you can because it comes in a spray bottle which is easier to apply and less messy.

One spray in my palm is enough to moisturise my face, neck and then I massage the residue into my hands and cuticles. A little really does go a long way. I apply the oil wait 30 seconds and then apply my moisturiser.

Best applied on a damp face to help absorption or you can spray a little in with your regular moisturiser and apply that way.

Love to use this on my skin, my nails have never looked better but I find it too oily for my hair.

on 3/21/2013 11:40:00 AM

Great product, smells great, great for hair and body. I don't recommend using it on your face, though.

I received a sample of this as I bought the moisturizing mask from Nuxe.
I was curious about this famous oil and really keen on trying this.
I know, there are many ways to use this as other reviewer mentioned, but I first tried it on my face. There were no bad reactions or irritations, but I didnīt like it either. This said, I must confess, Iīm not using that much face oils. I own only Weleda or Clarins and I use them for a 14 day face oil cure or when I feel, my skin could use oil. No need for me to have another face oil, as it is not part of my everyday skin care routine.
But - and thatīs the expensive part here- I looove this as a body oil. Sigh. Considering the price (25 Euros for 100 ml), this is a real luxury. I donīt use this every day as you can imagine or else, I would have to buy a new bottle every month.
Please use this oil on damp skin, because if you use it on dry skin, it doesnīt sink in and just stays on top.
I use it directly after the shower on my damp skin and I get the softest skin possible. My skin looks glowing and healthy. It looks like the skin of a model in these foto shoots for beauty articles in glossy magazines. You know, the kind of skin, that seems to glow from within and screams "perfect skin here". Luminous and supple, well moisturized and simply beautiful. And that look is hard to archieve with my somehow dull and sometimes scaly skin. I use this mainly in summertime, when I wear skirts and dresses to make my skin look good.
And on top of that, my skin smells so yummy, I could sniff my skin the whole day. Seriously, I think, the scent got me hooked too on this product. It smells very unique like sunwarmed skin with a hint of coconut, but not overpowering or sweet, just a warm scent, that reminds you of beach, sea salt and sun. I read the description "St. Tropez in a bottle" and that is so true. I didnīt think I could like such a sensual scent as I usually get headaches from most perfumes and only wear menīs perfumes, because womenīs perfumes are always too sweet.
I ordered the new perfume "Prodigieux le parfum" from Nuxe, which is exactly the fragrance from the oil. But I think, not everyone may like this scent as fragrances highly depent on the personal taste.
The combination of the feel and the smell of this oil makes it a luxurious experience to use this oil. It makes me feel glamourous whenever I use this.
I donīt use it for other purposes than making the skin on my body look good.
So, Iīd recommend this if you are into dry oils and like scented oils. This is expensive, especially for the way I use it, but the effect is worth it.

on 3/15/2013 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I dont like this oil.Its not moisturizing enough-it just stays on the top of my skin.I also tried it on my hair-it made it too oily.I tried under my eyes and it irritated them.The smell is nice and fresh.The price is too high for what you get.

on 3/5/2013 10:31:00 AM

Bought the Huile Prodigieuse because of a great review I'd read on a blog I follow. Love the scent, love the dry feel - though it can get too oily for me if I use too much - and love the smoothness it's given my skin. Think I misinterpreted the blog review when she wrote that it reduced her redness. I have ruddy skin and was hoping this would calm that redness, it doesn't for me.

I only use it at night now (two spritzes), after cleansing with Dove soap and using my Clarisonic, as it wasn't quite emollient enough for winter days in the Midwest. Looking forward to Spring/Summer and using it for day again. Works well under my YSL Touche Eclat Foundation.

Seems to be good value for money, the bottle lasts quite a long time. I am two months in and have used less than a quarter of the 3.3 oz bottle.

on 2/26/2013 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I just smelt this in the store. Like the smell, doesn't react with my eczema skin after patch test. Not sure if I want to splurge on something just because it smells good and does nothing else.

I don't think it's moisturising enough.

Note: Review based on in store test and not purchased.

on 2/20/2013 3:38:00 AM

I got a small sample size of this with by Nuxe purchase and I was so pleasantly surprised it has the same divine smell as the hand cream. I also really like that it is not so oily and sticky you could imagine and it did great job when I applied it on my dry skin. I think I well definitely be also wearing this more in the summer as it is not too heavy and leaves a great sheen behind so perfect for summer legs and arms.

on 1/29/2013 7:00:00 PM

Its almost a sin to dont have it living in Paris or france generally. Everyone here loves it, magazines advert it and pharmacies have it on display. So of course I have it since forever.

First of all it smells amazing, very sumerry, beachy smell. Bottle is very simple, not the most practical. The bigger one have spritz which isnt really spritzing evenly.

It leaves shiny and beautiful smelling hair but I didnt notice any special moisturising or nourishing properties.

On body- it really is dry oil, it leaves this moisturising sheen but not super moisturising either. I love using it on legs while wearing dresses/skirts makes them look nice.

This version is much better from glitter one just because it doesnt have glitter which gores everywhere, especially in Louis Vuitton canvas and after two years I still have glittery bag... Very hard to remove.

on 1/29/2013 5:30:00 PM

I bought this on sale and I adore it for my hair. It is so smooth and lush and smells divine. I apply 3 or 4 drops to toweldried hair, mostly through the lengths, and blot with a towel afterwards. It doesn't seem to weigh my hair down too much. Now, make no mistake...it won't make any permanent or even lasting improvements to your hair. Hair is DEAD PROTEIN so no product will "improve the health of your hair". This oil does give the look of healthier hair and makes it feel ridiculously soft so it's good in my book :)

on 1/27/2013 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Received as a deluxe sample from Birchbox (when the samples great deluxe sized and not packettes). The smell is divine. My hair and skin absorbed this oil well. Just too pricey for me...sticking with argan oil for now.