July 29, 2014 | 1900 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Flippinsushi

Separates lashes like no other. I use this every day. This says a lot because good lashes are a must have for me, this stuff has met and raised my impossibly high mascara expectations.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by misselectricred

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start this review off by saying, I have very sensitive eyes. One usage of the wrong mascara and my eyes will burn, itch and get a blister in the water line. You think after trying 10 mascaras, I would give up by now. But being a woman I need that HG mascara that makes my lashes pop! And let me just tell you, this does it! I normally don't believe in "false lash effect" on mascaras because we all know that's not true. But this is pretty dang close! It makes my lashes jet black, gives volume and adds length. The formula is thick but wet and dries very quickly. It's very forgiving if you make a mess.
It does not clump unless you add too much! And best of all, it's a natural product and kind to my very sensitive eyes!
And might I add how cute the bottle is? The brush is the perfect shape and size to coat every lash with little to no fuss!

If you love natural products, have sensitive eyes or just want a great mascara. Give this one a try! Promise you won't regret it! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by liv4beauty

i was so excited when i purchased this mascara after reading all the great reviews, but i was sadly disappointed. i loved the sample when i got it at Sephora, so i decided to purchase it. It was ok at first, i must say it did add length. However, with prolonged use, I didn't like it. I know it is not waterproof, but boy does it smudge. I had dark patches below my eyes after only 2 hours. This mascara really did nothing for me. I saw no increase in volume (although maybe its because I was used to using my Benefit They're Real mascara). I found this mascara completely wore off by the end of the day, and my lashes were left bare and brittle. I recently purchased the Mac Opulash Optimum Mascara, so hopefully this will provide better results than this Tarte mascara did.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My new HG mascara. Such a shame it's so expensive, though. I received this in Sephora's Lash Kit, which was filled with different mascara samples, and this outweighed them all in product, application and appeal. My eyelashes looked full, long, thick and there wasn't a clump in sight for miles. The brush scoops out of the packaging so wonderfully that there is never excess product when you apply, and the brush spaces out everything perfectly and evenly while distributing a great application to any lashes. I even use this to de-clump when my other mascaras give me a hard time. Everything about this mascara rocks, except of course, the hefty price tag. I still think it's a perfect splurge- at least give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this at the recent sale at Ulta!! At first, I was turned off by the bad reviews- I don't want to lose any lashes!! But thankfully, I went ahead and purchased it with the mindset that if I didn't like it, I could return it (ulta's return policy is awesome).

Anyways, I've never purchased anything from Tarte let alone purchase makeup that's over $10. I'm a minimalist, as well as a person who doesn't wear face makeup (I don't need it). I was surprised to learn that Tarte is somewhat better in the ingredients field, as well as they don't test on animals! So I became happier with my purchase.

As soon as I put this on, I knew it was an amazing mascara! I've tried tons of mascaras and this is one of the more memorable ones of the bunch. The absolute best mascara that I've ever tried was L'Oreal Falsies I don't remember the exact name but it comes in a gold shiny tube. Unfortunately, they changed the brush and the formula sucks now apparently too. This tarte mascara isn't a fiber mascara so it won't give you extreme length but it does coat the tips of your lashes well without clumping, making them longer!

I really like it, and it comes off nicely with my homemade makeup remover consisting of either argan oil,almond or grapeseed oil & a baby wipe. I would not purchase this at it's normal price.

My absolute favorite is Benefit They're Real!! It's tough to come off without makeup remover though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Karinka21

SO this is a good mascara. It is not amazing but does the job. Removing this mascara is 100times easier than non-organic ones. Overall I like it, definitely suitable for people with sensitive eyes, however the packaging is so strange don't get it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by anachronism227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I read so many great reviews about this mascara that I thought it would be the mascara I've been looking for all these years. I finally gave it a try. It's definitely one of the smudgiest mascaras I have ever used. I know it is not waterproof, but I definitely had dark smudges under my eyes after only around two hours. This mascara does not hold curl. I honestly didn't see that much improvement in volume or length. For the same price, I'd rather buy 3 waterproof drug store mascaras.

Also, I don't care for the plastic snakeskin covering over the mascara. It doesn't seem sophisticated or cute.

It was easy to remove, which is nice, but I'd rather have a mascara that is hard to remove but stays on without smudging the entire day, than a mascara that smudges like crazy but comes right off with water.

I would definitely not recommend this to anyone. Due to the terrible smudging, I would honestly rather go without mascara than wear this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Farunka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have nothing bad to say about this mascara, however, the results are very similar to a drugstore mascara, it is separating and the brush reaches inner lashes easily, but it does not feel like a high end mascara and it is good for natural everyday looks...not much volume and nothing special about it, if you like natural lashes you are gonna love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by angelitaaguila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Price is not very affordable but you do get quality ingredients that should be appreciated! If you read the ingredients there are things you can actually read so I give that credit.

Mascara is all individual and personal but it depends on what you are looking for in your mascara and that depends on what you have naturally.

I Have Naturally LITTLE tiny eyelashes so I tend to need length rather than volume. It holds my curl and it makes my eyelashes look like if I had extension. I especially love it because it clumps enough to add on length!!!!!!!!!! For volume I just add my covergirl all in one mascara in the blue tube.

I understand that a lot of people want to use only one mascara to do everything but the thruth of the matter is that will never be perfect because it cant target everything 100%! But The cover girl all in one is amazing to. It really does do everything but its more wet than the tarte. Both is my perfect combo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

This was a product fail for me. Lots of length, nice separation & color, no clumps. So I will give this product two lippies instead of just one. But it didn't provide very much volume, which is important to me- I prefer a more dramatic look. More importantly this mascara gave me an allergic reaction or something, I experienced the worst eye irritation when I wore this. My eyes were bright red for a whole day, started getting better after I washed this off. I only wore it once. Chucked it in the trash, which is a shame because it's pricey. Must be an ingredient in Tarte products that I don't respond well to, same thing happened when I tried Tarte Multipleye Lash Primer.
Also, I hated the stupid packaging. It's like a purple faux-snakeskin pleather thing, what's that about?
Really didn't like this mascara, I won't buy it again.