October 25, 2014 | 1841 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by tofubabiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I already went through 3 bottles of this. I love that it lengthens my lashes and it holds the curl so well. But it does lack volume...

I tend to have oily lids so a lot of mascara's run for me, this one does not.. so I like that I do not have raccoon eyes by the end of the day!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Angelamakeup

This mascara came in my QVC kit and I had heard so many rave things about it. I need a mascara that hold up my lash curl and this is not it. I can see how someone else who doesn't have a problem with curl might like it because it look nice and natural and it is a drier formula. It also doesn't seem to clump which is nice but it's too bad that it doesn't accentuate my lashes like other mascaras either.

Whenever I use this I look like I don't even have lashes. I need to use something that has strong holding and volume. Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by laureg

This is a great mascara! But the real star is the brush. The brush does a great job of individually separating and applying mascara to each lash, fanning out my lashes beautifully and making them look long and full (for the record, I have very straight, medium length lashes). It doesn't flake, clump or smear, and the mascara doesn't migrate all over to give racoon eyes. I especially love that since the brush separates and coats each lash so well, this mascara is really buildable- you can apply a LOT of it to make your lashes really full (giving your lashes an almost "fake lashes" look), with no clumping. The product also comes off really easily with cleanser or remover. All in all, a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara about two weeks ago and I actually REALLY like it!
I love the length it gives my lashes! It's a dry formula which is my preference. It also doesn't flake at all for me. I did not notice a scent to it which is great because I hate stinky mascara's.
The only reason why I would not repurchase this is because of the price. I find I get the same length and volume from my Almay Get up and Grow mascara which costs 8$ instead of 25$.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ihraracerkim

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The old formula was better. The new formula I purchased a few weeks ago flaked, irritated my eyes and did not volumize as well as the formula I had purchased 3 years ago. Returned in exchanged for the Amazonian Clay gifted mascara and am loving it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by phoenixg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this! My all time favorite is Benefit's They're Real! which defines and lengthens my lashes beautifully. I already have long, dark lashes but I just want to make my eyes look more "awake." I got two full size Lights, Camera, Lashes! in my Bow and Go TSV set from QVC and never thought in a million years I'd like it. I separates my lashes, adds just the right amount of length, and really makes my eyes pop. The only thing that bother me: Smell and packaging. It has a little bit of a smell, which I've never noticed in a mascara before, but it's not bad enough that I don't still enjoy using it. The packaging just looks so tacky to me and I wish I could remove the faux purple casing it's in, but this gives the mascara a unique/instantly recognizable look so I guess if that's the signature look they're going for, they got it. Definitely would repurchase.

EDIT 2.28.14: This mascara kept clumping on me after a bit, so I found that wiping the applicator on a tissue and then applying it keeps it clump free, in case anyone has had a problem with that. Still love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by brianne123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this mascara with my 100 points from Sephora and even that feels like a waste of "money' to me. The mascara goes on okay, doesn't really do much for length or thickness, but it's fine anyways.

My big problem is that it didn't come off. I have expensive waterproof makeup remover which removes me waterproof eyeliner and all other mascaras I've use, but this one didn't budge. I wiped my eye a little later after washing my face and it came away black. This can't be good for your lashes.

That coupled with the fact that it wasn't that great of a mascara, and I won't be purchasing this stuff ever. Tarte rocks for almost everything else but this was no good for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by yoyolanda

A great mascara. Gives you that fluffy, full lash. Packaging is annoying and gimmicky but whatever.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by LauraKravec

This is a dryer formula with a small, natural brush. The packaging is adorable. I love almost everything I've tried from Tarte, but not this mascara.

When you apply it, it takes a lot of time to build, which isn't necessarily bad if the end result is amazing.

It applies to a very natural look. It builds a lot of volume at the base and the lashes themselves look multiplied, not clumpy at all. I don't think it adds a lot of length. It just looks like you have a million beautiful natural lashes.

What I hate about this formula is that it flakes all over the place as you apply it! I'm using a brand new tube that I opened about 2 weeks ago and have used probably 3 times and it just flakes all over my cheeks and nose! By the time I am done applying, it has ruined my foundation, blush, and under-eye concealer.

I'm so annoyed because I just love the way it looks, but I can't deal with so much flaking! I would have to apply my eye makeup first, wipe away all of the fallout, and then do the rest of my face, and I don't think this mascara is worth such a drastic change in my routine. Sad face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by dharrison

This is a great mascara for everyday use. It really fill outs my lashes and makes them appear longer. The only downside is that I ran out of it quicker than I normally do with other mascaras. Also, I'm not a fan of the case.