Mavala Nail Hardener

4.5

Water, Formaldehyde, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Chamomile Extract, Garlic Extract, Cocamide DEA, Pine Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Lemon Oil, FD&C Blue #

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This has been an absolute lifesaver for me. I have had thin, peeling, wimpy nails for most of my life and no amount of Sally Hansen Miracle Cure/Hard as Nails, etc. etc. could save them. Enter Mavala--my nails are in better condition than I can EVER remember! The product itself comes in a tiny .16 fl. oz bottle with a red cap and a nail polish brush type applicator. It is a blue-tinted liquid that is transparent on the nail and users are instructed to apply it only to the tips of the nails once or twice a week, so this tiny bottle will last you years. I have been using mine regularly (way more than twice a week) for the past five months and I have barely made a dent in it. I do a quick swipe across the free edge of the nail as if I were doing a really messy french tip and then i use the brush to dab a little bit on the underside of the free edge of my nail.

The product sinks in and dries quickly and does not leave a sheen or film on your nail at all, so it's much less time consuming than traditional nail polish type treatments. I have not tried this *over* nail polish, only on bare nails.

All in all if you have problem nails, you NEED this! I imagine this would be excellent for those recovering from acrylics as well.

I bought this afer reading the excellent reviews on and I must say I love it so far. I noticed a difference right away. I have tried every thing on the market for my soft weak nails and this takes the cake plus I love how it penetrates unlike most kinds you have to apply for several day like nail polish and then remove and start over. Two thumbs up! I can't wait to have long nails again!

I have had thin, peeling, broken nails forever. No other hardeners, vitamins...etc....ever made a real difference.

Then I found this product.
Hallelujah!! It's unbelievable. My nails have never felt so hard on their own. I'm loving it. I've only been using it for about a week, but already my nails are able to be shaped and are not breaking constantly.

I'm aware of some of the other comments regarding the nails becoming dry. I've been careful to only put on the tips of my nails and to use a cuticle oil on my cuticles and nails daily. So far no signs of dryness. Yay!

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I still can't get over how amazing this stuff is. I obviously got it based on the reviews from everyone here. Before using this I had weak, paper-like nails that would get to a really nice length then decide to all break at the same time. When I first put this on I was shocked to notice an instant change in my nails. Suddenly they were a lot harder. I've been using it every few days and I haven't had a breaking nail since. I'm recommending this to all my friends. I'm just so glad that i've found something that is fixing a problem I have had with my nails for years. I have wanted beautiful nails for years and now I can grow them and shape them as I want :')

I have terribly damaged nails from my ongoing use of fake nails... my natural nails have always been soft and have peeled very easily so I thought that I would give this a try. So far so good....I have definitely noticed my nails getting harder as well they are splitting and peeling far less. Will update once I have used this for a full month. Oh ya, for all the people in Canada looking to buy this, I found Mavala product at London Drugs.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

small bottle, used to be found in shoppers drugmart in Canada, not sure where its available now. Rather expensive but one small bottle lasts for years. It dries on the nail with NO residue (unlike the Sally Hansen version which i've just applied) and hardens like a pro (after a month of use, my nails stopped flakin entirely after many years!)
Sad that its so hard to find now!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is absolutely number 1 for me. I had bad bad nails after 6 years with acrylics i try so many things but noting really made drastic change. In the salon the lady recommend me to use Mavala and now...oh man I didnít have strong nails like that from maybe 10 years ago.
What she told me to do is.
For 20 days i apply Mavala Nail Hardener twice a day (morning and night) only on the nail without touching the cuticles.
After 5 min over this i had to apply Mavala Nailactan which is good so your nails don't dry b/c Nail Hardener is drying them a lot and with time they will start to peel again without the additional cream.
For 20 days NO polish or anything ells on the nails. After this 20 days i had to do the Nail Hardener 3,4 times a week and the cream every night as you can apply it over polish.
Now i can tell you for sure that this made my nails 100 and more % better...
I always buy this at www.strawberrynet.com
UPDATE / I definitely guaranty you results if you do what i mention up. Absolutely the best !!!!!!!!!!!

I have had wimpy, weak, peely, flaky nails. To make matters worse, I bit them as a child. I used acrylics most of my adulthood but went back to school so I sacraficed them. Somewhere, somehow, my nails started growing long! However, they were still very peely and flaky. I had to have files all over the place. Then I tried this. At first, I wasn't so sure. I felt like my nails were brittle and two even broke, but I was traveling over the holidays so I decided to stick with it a little more. OHMIGOSH!!! My nails are AMAZING!!! No more peeling, flaking, breaking--even after a day of snow skiing! I have to file them down with a heavy file because they get too long. It's so worth it! Whatshebuys.com has it fo $17 and no shipping costs when I bought it. SO WORTH IT!!! Seriously, I wish I found this as a teenager!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A friend recommended this product. She has nails you don't wanna mess with. Hesitated at first at the drugstore, I mean, 20$ for a tiny 5ml bottle? But I am now hooked. The bottle sure is small, but the product doesn't have a nailpolish texture, more like water. So the coat you actually apply on the nail is very thin. It has a blue-ish tint. If you apply too much, you'll just have a stiky blue drop on your nail tip, so better not too waste it for nothing. I have been using it for a couple of months, combined with Sally hansen age correct treatment and it's doing wonders for my nails. Not even a quarter of the bottle is gone after 2 months of use, so although it's pricey at first, it'll last for a long time. Plus, it works soo well, it's worth every penny. Oh, stay away from the cuticles when you apply it, cuz it will harden them too!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

An absolute revelation for me, as with the other Mavala products I have started using. I work as a nurse & as I am constantly washing my hands, they were not looking too great. My nails in particular were soft, flaky, splitting with raggedy cuticles. My nails felt stronger after the first week of use, and I am now only using this product twice a week. My hands and nails are in wonderful condition, I really have pretty looking hands now. Good value as you only need a tiny amount, and Mavala do not test on animals which is extemely iportant to me. Excellent customer service when I ordered over the phone, and products arrived next day!

Popular Treatments