September 17, 2014 | 897 users online

Treatments - Mavala - Nail Hardener

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by icey6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

small bottle, used to be found in shoppers drugmart in Canada, not sure where its available now. Rather expensive but one small bottle lasts for years. It dries on the nail with NO residue (unlike the Sally Hansen version which i've just applied) and hardens like a pro (after a month of use, my nails stopped flakin entirely after many years!)
Sad that its so hard to find now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely number 1 for me. I had bad bad nails after 6 years with acrylics i try so many things but noting really made drastic change. In the salon the lady recommend me to use Mavala and now...oh man I didnít have strong nails like that from maybe 10 years ago.
What she told me to do is.
For 20 days i apply Mavala Nail Hardener twice a day (morning and night) only on the nail without touching the cuticles.
After 5 min over this i had to apply Mavala Nailactan which is good so your nails don't dry b/c Nail Hardener is drying them a lot and with time they will start to peel again without the additional cream.
For 20 days NO polish or anything ells on the nails. After this 20 days i had to do the Nail Hardener 3,4 times a week and the cream every night as you can apply it over polish.
Now i can tell you for sure that this made my nails 100 and more % better...
I always buy this at www.strawberrynet.com
UPDATE / I definitely guaranty you results if you do what i mention up. Absolutely the best !!!!!!!!!!!

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 6:37:00 AM More reviews by shayrah

I have had wimpy, weak, peely, flaky nails. To make matters worse, I bit them as a child. I used acrylics most of my adulthood but went back to school so I sacraficed them. Somewhere, somehow, my nails started growing long! However, they were still very peely and flaky. I had to have files all over the place. Then I tried this. At first, I wasn't so sure. I felt like my nails were brittle and two even broke, but I was traveling over the holidays so I decided to stick with it a little more. OHMIGOSH!!! My nails are AMAZING!!! No more peeling, flaking, breaking--even after a day of snow skiing! I have to file them down with a heavy file because they get too long. It's so worth it! Whatshebuys.com has it fo $17 and no shipping costs when I bought it. SO WORTH IT!!! Seriously, I wish I found this as a teenager!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by juanitaaloha

A friend recommended this product. She has nails you don't wanna mess with. Hesitated at first at the drugstore, I mean, 20$ for a tiny 5ml bottle? But I am now hooked. The bottle sure is small, but the product doesn't have a nailpolish texture, more like water. So the coat you actually apply on the nail is very thin. It has a blue-ish tint. If you apply too much, you'll just have a stiky blue drop on your nail tip, so better not too waste it for nothing. I have been using it for a couple of months, combined with Sally hansen age correct treatment and it's doing wonders for my nails. Not even a quarter of the bottle is gone after 2 months of use, so although it's pricey at first, it'll last for a long time. Plus, it works soo well, it's worth every penny. Oh, stay away from the cuticles when you apply it, cuz it will harden them too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Dawdlebean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

An absolute revelation for me, as with the other Mavala products I have started using. I work as a nurse & as I am constantly washing my hands, they were not looking too great. My nails in particular were soft, flaky, splitting with raggedy cuticles. My nails felt stronger after the first week of use, and I am now only using this product twice a week. My hands and nails are in wonderful condition, I really have pretty looking hands now. Good value as you only need a tiny amount, and Mavala do not test on animals which is extemely iportant to me. Excellent customer service when I ordered over the phone, and products arrived next day!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by erotic_snail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked this at first, I noticed my nails were growing longer and weren't splitting as they always do when they get to a certain length. But they aren't really much harder and there is still some splitting.
I'm using it according to the instructions so it's definitely not overuse. I'm pleased there have been some results but I think I'll try another product. I will repurchase if I don't find anything better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Bluebells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. Ive only used it for a couple of weeks and its the only nail hardener thats actually worked. You dont use much as you just put it on the tips and soaks into the nail. Usually my nails tare and rip off when they get to cretain length but nothing so far!! Will definately buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I remember my mother using this years ago, and I just rediscovered it a few months ago. I always wear nail polish and was getting tired of my nails peeling and splitting. That's a thing of the past since I startd using this. I use it once a week when I do my manicure and that's enough to keep them super strong. The bottle is tiny, but one brushful will do the nails of one hand as you just apply it to the tips, so it lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ddalyram

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WoW!! I'm impressed! For the past three months, my nails have been peeling like crazy. I've always had very thin, weak, short nails, so I thought I'd give this a try. I've been using every other day for almost 3 weeks, and my nails look great! - No more peeling, nails are longer than they've ever been (except when pregnant). It's pricey, but well worth it! - I took off one lippie for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 8:49:00 AM More reviews by angmo

This is the only nail hardener that work!!! I have very weak nails. Sometimes when I wash my hair, my hair could cut through my nails. I couldnt keep long nails at all during winter. I have tried vitamin pills and countless nail hardener. Nothing works except this.