China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

For someone who generally doesn't care for red nail polish, I must say this is just plain beautiful. It has a dark crimson base with small red shimmer/flecks. It applied smoothly and looked beautiful with two coats, and it dried quickly. The surface is slightly rough due to the shimmer so a top coat is needed for smoothness. It is the first red I really have loved on my fair, cool-toned skin. Perfect for Christmas, Valentine's Day, or anytime you want a lovely red!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Truly gorgeous and spectacular, it is a show stopper for the way it catches and reflects the light. I couldn't be more pleased with it and I'm definetely going to get a back up. I find it amazing with a top coat. A must have for any nail polish collector and the best festive polish around.

No wonder this has been a popular color, as it really is a pretty red, and great for the holiday season, or anytime for that matter.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

LOOOOOVVEEEEE!!! omg words cannot explain!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought a little bottle to try. I love it!!!! It is the perfect colour for the Christmas holiday. I was sloppy putting it on but it dried very quickly. I will have to buy a bigger bottle now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This has to be one of the prettiest red nail polishes ever. Even if you dislike reds, still give this a try. This shade looks fabulous on everyone. Brilliant deep red with gorgeous red microglitter. It does require a top coat as it doesn't dry shiny.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm a big fan of red, and of glitter, so I'm biased, but this polish is absolutely gorgeous. It's a red microglitter in a red jelly base, and with top coat, the finish is smooth (not lumpy or rough like some glitters can be). The polish has amazing depth and colour. It also wears very well, at least with a good top coat (haven't tried it without). Haven't seen any kind of problem with chipping while wearing this.

Unfortunately, the tips don't wear well, even with a top coat and specifically taking care to seal the tips, but that's true of pretty much all jelly polishes (at least for me), so I can't complain too much about it. If you're someone who changes polish frequently, you probably won't even notice.

It does take a minimum of two coats to get good depth and coverage, but I always end up doing three, not because I'm particularly worried about the opacity (in fact, I'm really not) but in order to get a nice, even, deep, clear cover to create the gorgeous look this polish is capable of.

Also should add that this removes easily, without the usual hassle associated with glitter nail polishes. Bonus!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a God send for us. Every girl must have it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The most flattering red glitter polish for every skin tone. It's a bright neutral red glitter. Reminds me of Dorthy's slippers in the wizard of oz movie (in the book they are silver). All-year-round color. I love it for both mani's and pedi's. I have received compliments on this.

Formula is smooth. I achieve bottle color in two coats though I usually do three. I use seche vite top coat and I do not use a base coat. Lasts me about two days before chipping starts.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

What can I say about Ruby Pumps that hasn't already been said? It's divine, perfect, gorgeous...it's a holy grail polish, and everyone should own a bottle.
It was the only polish from the Wizard of Ooh Ahz to make it to the core line, and I can see why. It is the most beautiful, glowing, glittery red on the market. The base is a deep pink-red jelly, filled with lots and lots of sparkling red glitter. I find two coats to be totally enough to recreate the color of Dorothy's ruby slippers. Plus, the true awesomeness? It's not a topcoat eater!! One coat of Out The Door is enough to make it smooth and glassy.
I know a lot of people wear this shade only during the holidays, but I love her too much to banish her to my polish drawers ten months out of the year-I wear Ruby Pumps year whenever I'm feeling the itch, and I've gotten compliments from complete strangers every time I've worn it.

Top Rated China Glaze Products