October 2, 2014 | 970 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by payalbansal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I was never into red nailpolish but I made an exception for this. My word this colour is so gorgeous and the application is beautiful. Definitely repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is glitter polish done right, at it's best. None of that patchy-application nonsense you'd expect here. This is one of the few polishes, let alone a glitter polish, that I'd be fine with going out in public wearing only one coat - it applies that smoothly and has that much pigmentation to it! After two coats, it's absolutely stunning - a bright, dazzling, sparkly holiday red. Very festive, fun and girly! I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh, my goodness! This is one of the most delicious colors I have ever tried! On my screen, the photos above look a tad to the orange side of red, but IRL the shade tends to be a deeper red, more toward crimson. Personally, I think that choosing a red polish is a little like choosing a blush; it can be challenging to find the perfect shade. But Ruby Slippers is super-versatile. I can wear it alone, even to the office, and yes, y'all, I am a woman of a certain age. The sparkle is tiny and perfect, and not over-the-top. But what I am totally loving about this polish is that it is the ultimate mixer. It gets along with so many colors and completely transforms them as a topper. Heck, last night I put on a purple Wet 'n' Wild that I purchased on an unfortunate whim. When I put the Ruby Slippers over it, the colors danced and sang. It became sophisticated and subtle but with just a little secret of vampish come-hither. Ruby Slippers is translucent (a jelly?) with a little fire within, so it's like mixing colors on a palette when you use it to layer. I like it so much that I am buying back-up bottles. Honestly, I hope that this is still available when I am 90.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know how anyone could not love this sparkly shade of red! It reminds me of Dorothy's ruby slippers in The Wizard of Oz (fave movie ever growing up!), so it makes me happy to see this color on my nails. I'm typically not a China Glaze girl, but I have no problems with the formula on this particular shade. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Kaat1988

This is the prettiest nail polish ever! It's red with sparkles, and I can spend hours looking at it. It's just so pretty. I bought one for my friend as well, and now it's one of her favorites as well. I definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I absolutely love this color for the holidays! It is so festive - in fact, the most festive red I've seen - makes me wanna go wrap a present or two. Such a sparkly red and not just your ordinary sparkles. Ruby pumps is such a perfect name for this polish because the sparkle is just as WOW-inducing as Dorothy's sparkly red shoes on the Wizard of Oz. It may be a little much for the office, but I've definitely found a winner for holiday parties & weekends for late November and all of December! Heck, I might continue wearing this throughout winter - it makes me that happy wearing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 5:10:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous red color with red glitter!! Reminds me of Dorothy's heels from wizard of oz. I'm currently wearing this on my toes. Can't wait to apply to my fingernails. Def would repurchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by JSalness

By far my favorite nail polish EVER! I wore this color on my toes for a year straight one time. Def. recommend to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by MelissaKay88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Goregous pin-up girl red, with a ton of sparkle! I really love this shade and one thing I really like as opposed to other nail polishes I've tried with alot of glitter this one removes fairly cleanly. I tried one of the Kardashian Kolors (Nicole by OPI) and it took forever to get the glitter 100% gone but this isn't the case with Ruby Pumps. I go to quite a few burlesque shows and always wear this in a 'half moon mani' style it's always a big hit!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by jaymemarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really think this might be the best red polish ever.

It has a nice, red jelly base packed with many bits of red glitter. It takes 3 coats to be opaque and it has gorgeous depth. In the sunlight, my nails sparkle and almost glow. Ah, it is such a perfect color.

In high school, I wore this color on my toes for pretty much my entire senior year. I have a little less than half a bottle left and once I finish it, I will repurchase!