September 18, 2014 | 2092 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mjG7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hated this! It left my skin tight and dry and caused my rosecia to flare up in a big way. So much for calming my skin! It took 2 weeks with Garnier face cleanser to get my skin back to normal.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by carlasawyer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have rosey cheeks and I was hoping that this product would help with that. It did not! I broke out withing 2 weeks of using it, tiny pimples and dry patches of skin (almost like eczema) This product makes my face super itchy too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this face wash. It removes all my makeup and is very gentle on the skin. It doesn't "strip" your face and cause major drying, it leaves it nice and soft. So far I have had any breakout from this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by laboss

I suffered from HORRIBLE acne for the longest time.. After I got it under control - by drinking LOTS of water, eating well, exercise, and seeing an aestheticism - I was still left with awful hyper pigmentation, and mild breakouts. I was buying expensive salon products, medicated products, using at-home remedies... Nothing was working. I was still breaking out (although not as bad) and still had awful red scars everywhere!

Since buying this face wash ( and its matching moisturizer) OMG! I've been using these products for less than two weeks and everyday my skin is getting better and better. It is a god-send! It is gentle, not drying, not irritating, and not overly medicated (which I suspect is why I was breaking out so bad... using too much cr@p on my face).

BUY THIS if you are looking to get rid of redness and scars. It's amazing. Be sure to get the moisturizer, too. I believe using both is what has given me such success!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by TennilleES

This cleanser causes breakouts

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by leoisillon

I didn't think I was going to like this product but I'm happy to say that it works amazingly well! I have very sensitive skin so I needed something that would do the job of cleasing without breaking me out. For a couple years I had been using Mary Kay Timewise cleanser for Combo skin but that was getting too expensive and so I decided to pick this up. Glad that I did. It has an awesome pump and you only need pump it once really to get the right amount of product. I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So creamy, so gentle. I use this every morning and I love it. I like that even though it is foamy, it does not have any SLS (sulfates) in it, because I believe sulfates aggravate my skin. There's not much else to say, this stuff feels so nice and I will buy this again and again.

EDIT 4/3/13: I no longer use this. I like to use a scrub in the morning now so my skin is smooth, but this stuff is still nice and I'd still recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by jessilane83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually love aveeno products. Normally I use the clear completion line, but my derm recently put me on tazorac. My skin is very dry and sensitive and can no longer tolerate that line. So I was super excited to try this( being ultra calming).... My skin need calm, lol. this was not the case. After one use my face was more red, more sensitive, and itchy!!! And worse yet, the one thing that did have a soothing effect on my face (cerave moisturizing cream) stung my face so bad when I put it in that it brought tears to my eyes!!! It calmed down after about a min or 2, but the redness and itching lasted half the night. I guess I will have to stick to cetaphil for now( as it is the only cleanser I can seem to tolorate right now), just doesn't remove makeup very well... I really wanted to love this, and had very high hopes. I do not have any allergies ie.. Ragweed or chamomile, (related to the feverfew in this) but I don't think my skin likes the feverfew as I had a similar reaction when I used eucerin redness relief line:(... Just a heads up... Defiantly do not use this if you are allergic to ragweed or chamomile, and even if you are not still use caution.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by EL2016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a really gentle cleanser! I found it perfect during the winter months because it doesn't strip your skin and make it feel like a mask. It didn't anger my acne (cystic) either. I didn't like the packaging, it seemed sort of chinsy. I don't think I would recommend this for people with oily skin though during the summer, as this may not be harsh enough for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by debo409

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this product. I have been using the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer for months so I thought this cleanser was a no brainer. I'm trying to give my face a break from BP products, retin-a, etc..This was the only new thing I added to my routine. I used it once. I liked how it felt, it didn't make my face tight afterwards, etc..the next morning I had a red patch on the side of my face, the next day it wasnt as red but I had a huge cystic acne bump on my chin, I havent gotten those in I don't even remember how long, today the pimple is much smaller, thanks to BP, and the red patch is even redder. I'm thinking its a hive or something, going to the derm today to find out. So I won't be using this stuff ever again!