MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blitz and Glitz

4.4

love it love it !

the story behind it ? tokyo airport .. 8 hour layover ... really bored... extremely tempted at the beauty store ... the only thing i could afford with my pocket money !! there you go! that's how i came across it !
now with my indian eyes i just love wearing black kohl...but that always smudges...so my aunt suggested this trick...line the waterline with the kohl ( the brush hurts my eyes ) and with the angled brush ( from lancome) i apply this on the outside...perfect ! IT DOES NOT SMUDGE THE ENTIRE DAY!!!!
wish i had it in college with me!! i would not be walkin around with panda eyes at the end of my rotation !!!!

verdict: pretty darn close to 100% staying power and smudge- free daily wear !

edit :
it dried out before i was even three quarters through ..bummer.
if only they made smaller pots for lesser price...we would repurchase !

on 3/20/2010 5:58:00 PM

This works well with the sephora bent eyeliner brush. The only way I would be able to use it probably. With the brush it applied much easier than I thought it would and I was able to get a good thin straight line.

The black still seems a bit flat to me but once applied it does stay on all day. I just use another color across the top of it to add a bit more color to it.

on 3/7/2010 11:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I planned to purchase the blacktrack instead of this one, and I'm so glad the MAC counter ran out of the blacktrack that day. Even though the beautiful gold shimmers are not visible from far away when used as a liner, they definitely add a pop of color when looked closely. That being said, they make awesome color base! I've had mine for about 2 years not and I'm trying very hard to finish this. After having this for so long, I feel like some of the shimmers have melted into the black liner and now it's not as dark as it used to be. Nevertheless, I love this eyeliner and will repurchase this again and again.

on 3/3/2010 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I refused to let fluid eyeliner get the better of me! I bought ones in a tube with a brush, another type of gel one and a separate brush - all to no avail. I tried to keep my hand steady etc but the lines always looked awful or they caked up.

Then I found this and it really works!

I use it with the MAC 266 brush and have a wonderful smooth line from corner to corner with a flick up at the end.

The consistency is wonderful - not too black so it doesn't look harsh.

You do need to practice with fluid eyeliners - I practice just before I take my makeup off at the end of the day - if I mess up - it's coming off anyway!

I know they say a bad craftsman blames his tools - but with a bit of practice and the right tools then you can get a great line!

MAC Fluidline Eyeliner gel is one of those "right tools" - would definately recommend and buy it again.

on 2/14/2010 9:43:00 PM

I like this as an eyeliner because I think black is usually way too harsh for me, but this soft black works. However, I like this product as an eyeshadow base way more. For example, last night I used it as a base with Club eyeshadow on top, and it was great. The dark base really brought out the red and green tones of the eyeshadow. I really like the versatility of this product. I would definitely buy again.

on 2/14/2010 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Although it is rather pricey, I don't mind shelling out the twenty bucks for this eyeliner. It's absolutely smudge/smear proof, and lasts forever! I like that Blitz and Glitz isn't exactly a harsh black, and the flecks of glimmer in here are very subtle. I usually online line my top lid, so I'm not sure as to how to would last on the waterline.

EDIT: over a year of daily usage, I think there's still a good third of the product left, so this stuff definitely lasts! The only thing is that's it hardened quite a bit, which means dipping more, but the staying power of it and everything is still fantastic!

on 2/5/2010 11:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my first fluidline gel liner and honestly,im not impressed. My WnW worked as well as this & that was only like $3. This is pretty w/ its lil gold flecks and draws a mean cats eye but again so does my WnW. I was advised by the MA that i could use it as a base for my shadow also so ill update this when i try that out. But to me,this is nothing special. Save your dough & buy Wet N Wild or L'Oreal HIP.

on 1/14/2010 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been using this daily for about a year. It shows up basically black, but a bit of glimmer in the pot. I put it on with the MAC angled liner brush so I can go as thick or thin as I'd like, depending on the occasion. I find it stays put all day - way better staying power than any of their pencil liners. It may fade a bit, but doesn't smudge under my eyes one bit. I bought this in brown and purple as well. A little goes a long way, and I've been using the same pot for the past year - so it has dried up a bit. I find using a drop of saline (contact lens solution or eye drops!) is better than plain water to get it back to a good workable consistency.

on 1/11/2010 8:07:00 PM

I love this fluid line. It seemed like all the make up gurus suggested this one as being a little softer looking than blacktrack and so I went with it. It is perfect for me - not brown but not as harsh as dark black. I love fluidlines and use them for more than just liners. I have Brassy and use it for an eye lid color. Waveline I use in my water line - it looks wonderful! These just look great and last forever! They are easy to use and worth the money.

on 1/11/2010 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love fluidlines, so i've got not reason to dislike this.
I'd say if you have blacktrack you don't need this! and vice versa.

I have very dark eyes and though people some say you can see the subtle difference between this one and black and i'd agree, but the different is so minescule it's not worth mentioning.
When I look up close at my eyes or my eye mu smudges I can see the little glitters but otherwise no.
I would buy a fluidline again, but i'm more likely to go with blacktrack as I do like the dramatic look.