October 24, 2014 | 1451 users online

Shampoo - TiGi - Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Amomof5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a fan! I have blonde high lights and it didn't do much for me. The conditioner does leave me hair soft though. But I didn't think the shampoo did much :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm going to rate the shampoo and conditioner together, because I use them together and I really wouldn't know how to rate them seperatly! These were better than averadge but I'm actually a natural blonde and don't dye my hair so I can't give comments on how it works for colored hair. I bought this shampoo/conditioner because well I liked the name being a blonde, I thought it was funny :) (haha stupid I know) but also because i do A LOT of heat styling to my hair and this brand is supposed to help with damage. I don't think it has really helped with damage at all but it actually helps a lot with frizz and just altogether helps make my hair manageable. It kind of smells funny though, so although I've bought this twice I think it's time to try something new. The packaging also isn't the best because it's a pump shampoo and the pump breaks often and is hard to open at first. I'd give this a four but the smell is REALLY bad.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by eskimojoes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a very average shampoo. Its no better than a supermarket brand. I have seen no difference to my hair. I expected better for the expensive price.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2011 6:39:00 AM More reviews by AlexiaEsque

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was extremely underwhelmed by the results of this shampoo - I have an oily skin type which may have contributed to how the product worked for me but as I've had highlights in my hair for as long as I can remember I had hoped for a more notable result for the price.
This shampoo left what can only be described as a residue on my hair, the first few times I blamed myself for not washing the product out enough for having to re wash so frequently (sometimes twice a day when using this!) but came to the conclusion that it must be the shampoo. It leaves a weight around my roots with my coloured ends still dry even after being left in for 1, 5 or 10 minutes.
However, it does have some aesthetic positives i.e it smells wonderful, like bubblegum and strawberries - and the smell remains on your hair (along with the gross residue) after you've dryed and styled it.
The packaging is attractive, with the handy pump so you don't have to fuss around with flicking open lids or accidentally squeezing out too much product.
It's probably a good time to mention that I imagine this may work on those that have dryer skin or those with thicker and coarser hair but it's not for me. Now I'm left with this mostly full pink bottle of junk to sit at the back of my dresser looking deceptively pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by cpalmer91343

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with irol0891:

"BEFORE the package AND product change, this was my favorite shampoo and conditioner. Since it is no longer the same product AT ALL, I am very disappointed. It leaves the hair soft and shiny, however - the formula for both the shampoo and conditioner (no more thick, awesome-smelling conditioner) has been totally changed and it is no longer the same product. THE WORST PART ABOUT IT IS THE CAT URINE SMELL. At first, in the shower - not so bad. After your hair is dry is a whole other story. It really does smell like cat urine. I don't know why they would change something that had nothing wrong with it to turn it into something that won't sell at all after eveyone's bought it once and thrown it away. The original is in the pink/purple bottle for shampoo and opaque yellowish bottle for conditioner - that's the good stuff. Don't waste your money on the new crap!!!"

I've been a 'Bed Head' customer for years. My hair is a frosted blonde, with blonde being the dominant color. I've been so happy with this shampoo/conditioner, and, in my opinion, all of the positive reviews on this site, are correct! It did everything it professed to do, but, now everything's changed. I purchased some new shampoo last night and was amazed at the change that occurred from the last time I bought the shampoo. It almost seems like WATER was added to the formula, as it's now quite runny, whereas the original consistency was like any other shampoo - thick, and really smelled nice. To say that I'm now very disappointed in the shampoo is a gross understatement, and, 'Bed Head' has lost another customer.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by dreahcake

I bought the shampoo and conditioner because my hair was getting extremely dry, living in a desert and dying your hair plus the day to day damage is well...you can imagine. i read the reviews in here and other sites and most of them seemed good, i have straight, normal, dark brown hair and i've dyed it lighter shades of brown, i know the name is "dumb blonde" but i asked around and it said it was safe to use for ANY type of colored hair. well at first it was alright, i decided to give it a few weeks try. it really didn't do much for my hair, it was still dry. My hair has been shedding like crazy, at first i didn't know what the cause of it was, but after thinking about it i realized the shedding started to happen a few weeks after i started using this product. :\ i've stopped using it and hopefully my hair goes back to normal. i usually love TIGI products, maybe this just wasn't for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by irol0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Boodababe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo and find nothing offensive about the smell.
I have a large purple bottle and a white squeeze tube of the shampoo. It works great on my grey, highlighted reverse color hair. I found it evens out the different colors, toning down the grey. I use it with the Leave in Conditioner which leaves my hair soft, while keeping in my loose curls. I

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by missd1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Bed Head! This works good made my hair look beautiful and was so soft however it smells so awful I had to throw it away

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by icedcoffee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used the reconstructor before, but just got the shampoo today. Tried it out after using 40 vol bleach on my hair, in tandem with the reconstructor, and I have to say it works amazingly. The shampoo itself is shimmery pink, it smells good, and it has lots of protein for needy hair -- besides the high price tag, which is on all Bed Head products, I can find no faults here.

If this shampoo didn't work for you, it's probably because your hair is too healthy! Putting too much protein in there will turn your hair to straw. If you abuse your hair like I do mine, it should work perfectly.

After reading some of the reviews, I will clarify: I have the hot pink bottle, and I didn't find it to be at all harsh or irritating -- I actually burned my skin a bit with the bleach, and the suds from this shampoo soothed it!