DevaCurl No Poo

3.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have extremely thick curly hair and the DevaCurl line rescued it starting about three years ago, and I have basically never looked back. Of all the Deva products I use, NoPoo is the one I probably like/use the least. When I first started on Deva, my hair was so unbelievably parched and dehydrated that I was able to use NoPoo, One Condition, B'Leave In, Set it Free and AnGell every single day and not get any buildup whatsoever. My hair just drank it all up. I did that for a year or so and then as my hair started to recover, I found that I just don't need the NoPoo much. At this point I usually don't buy it -- I just use the One Condition and I even have to be careful with the Set It Free because together these can leave my hair feeling a little tacky to the touch.

I also don't love the scent of the NoPoo. They call it Turkish Rose. To me it smells like menthol mixed with a heavy floral perfume. Not the best.

Also, I have a complaint about the packaging for both NoPoo and One Condition. You HAVE to buy the pump (which is not always easy to find and only comes in the larger size) because the hole in the squeeze-top on the smaller bottle ALWAYS clogs up. The hole is just too small for such a thick product that turns into a solid when it dries.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutley the worst shampoo i have ever used. Would've given it a negative rating if possible. Here are the reasons I hate this horrible stuff 1) It makes my hair look awful. I have fine curly hair and it looked so bad after I used it and dried with a diffuser. It actually made my hair look dirty 2) Impossible to get out of the bottle 3) Smells horrible...kinda roseish...blech 4) travel size bottle was $7.99 which is insane.

The only good thing to come out of this was that Beautyfirst allowed me to exchange this truely awful stuff for a bottle of Catwalk Curls Rock which I am very pleased to report really does rock!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I received a sample of this shampoo. I didn't like the lack of lather, but my hair felt moisturized after I used it.

Save your money. Curly heads, wash your hair 2 x a week but condition every day or every other day. "No poo" is no good. Sure it looks great, but flakes and dry scalp will follow. YOU NEED sulfates to clean the hair shaft of oil and to allow your natural shine to come through. If you do subscribe to this theory just use conditioner, same thing as this product. Total Gimmick.

I loved this stuff.. it definitly made my curls alot more moisturized. and there is something addicting on the smell. yes, i liked it. it does smell like an old woman but its intriguing. its not as bad smelling as make up for ever's liquid foundation !
i had to retire my devacurl line but one day when I have it more available to me, ill be so glad to have this again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This DevaCurl product was pretty bad. Made my healthy, naturally curly 4a hair loook dry and frizzy. Very bad product and smells bad too. I can't wait to throw out the whole DevaCurl line out in the trash.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

DevaCurl No Poo smells fantastic and does a pretty good job cleansing, but I got some buildup and bumpiness around my hairline after 2 days of using it. I'm glad I only bought the trial size.

Low Poo or diluted regular shampoo is probably the best bet. I'd tried DevaCare No Poo, and it turned my recently darkened hair brassy, probably because of the citrus oils, and at least this product didn't do the same thing.

Basically, a light conditioner with astringent properties to clean scalp and hair without surfactants. does not foam/bubble.

if you have fine, wavy hair, this is not the product for you. Although a fan of low-poo (low sulfate shampoo), the no-poo has no surfactants whatsoever.

This causes limp, greasy hair at the crown/bangs (where you need volume), and actually caused acne all along my hairline due to the residual. I was going crazy for weeks trying to figure out where it was coming from-- after careful evaluation it turned out to be the no-poo. Again, this would happen if you use any conditioner as a shampoo.

If you have heavy, curly, thick hair that needs taming and gets dried out if you wash it every day, this is a fantastic product--it doesn't overstrip and has a great detangling power that doesn't need much conditioner afterward.

But if you have fine, wavy hair and are acne-prone, forget it.

This is great stuff. I use both the regular version and the one for color treated hair. For those who use a CO routine I suggest you try this as an alternative, it has the conditioning properties of a conditioner with the washing power of a shampoo minus the sulfates. Lovely ingredients, lovely texture and smell, and leaves hair...well..i guess i'd have to say lovely :)

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I wear my ultra-curly, ultra-thick and ultra-dry hair in a short (chin-length) cut, and I have it cut and colored (auburn) every six weeks.

DevaRed Sacred Love No-Poo (plus DevaRed Sacred Love One Condition) keeps my hair soft, frizz-free and manageable. BIG BONUS: As the "DevaRed" name indicates, it helps preserve the color -- a big deal, 'cause any shade of red fades quickly on color-treated hair! I wash and condition my hair twice a week, and keep my bangs in line with MOP's (modern organic products) Defining Cream.

After all the bad hair days of my life -- wearing it bra-strap length (I looked like Alice, the woman with "pyramid hair" in "Dilbert"), wearing it one-quarter-inch short, wearing it straightened (it sat on my head like a pile of hay), wearing it in a shag (I do NOT miss the '70s) -- I can't believe I've found a haircut and a hair routine that work!