November 22, 2014 | 1792 users online

Hair - DevaCurl - No Poo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by mellyrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great stuff. I use both the regular version and the one for color treated hair. For those who use a CO routine I suggest you try this as an alternative, it has the conditioning properties of a conditioner with the washing power of a shampoo minus the sulfates. Lovely ingredients, lovely texture and smell, and leaves hair...well..i guess i'd have to say lovely :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by piscesrising

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wear my ultra-curly, ultra-thick and ultra-dry hair in a short (chin-length) cut, and I have it cut and colored (auburn) every six weeks.

DevaRed Sacred Love No-Poo (plus DevaRed Sacred Love One Condition) keeps my hair soft, frizz-free and manageable. BIG BONUS: As the "DevaRed" name indicates, it helps preserve the color -- a big deal, 'cause any shade of red fades quickly on color-treated hair! I wash and condition my hair twice a week, and keep my bangs in line with MOP's (modern organic products) Defining Cream.

After all the bad hair days of my life -- wearing it bra-strap length (I looked like Alice, the woman with "pyramid hair" in "Dilbert"), wearing it one-quarter-inch short, wearing it straightened (it sat on my head like a pile of hay), wearing it in a shag (I do NOT miss the '70s) -- I can't believe I've found a haircut and a hair routine that work!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by mlerosey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very.very .curly hair..and I had tried to chemically relax it myself..It was horrible it looked like I had a haystack on my head. I went to a salon in Seattle and just wanted a trim and the hairtsylist used this shampoo and conditioner on me, I actually walked out with less of a haystack look to my hair, of course I bought it and have been using it ever since. You do have to get used to no bubbles, but it has worked wonders on my hair, it has been about a year and my hair has never looked better even the curl is soft and I hardly have any frizz.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2007 11:09:00 AM More reviews by ignyc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product line has completely changed how I feel about my fine curly hair. My once love/hate relationship is now all love. I use Low-Poo, One Condition, An-Gell and Be-Leave In and my hair is frizz free, not sticky and in perfectly formed curls all day long. The key is NO towel drying or blow drying your hair. After wash/condition use your hands to squeeze out excess water. Flip your head over and put a quarter sized dollop (more if hair is very long) through your hair. Wring it out again, squeezing additional excess water out with an old t-shirt or paper towels, add another dollop of An-Gell (and smaller amount of Be-Leave In if hair is dry) and let it dry. Once dry, lightly separate curls using your fingers. The less you touch your hair, the better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by chickety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently fell in love with the entire DevaCurl line. I bought a set that included one of everything including No Poo Shampoo. It is very moisturizing without being heavy on my hair. And my hair gets really clean and soft. My curls have been looking so much better thanks to DevaCurl. No Poo is now my HG shampoo. I will repuchase as long as they make it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2007 11:20:00 PM More reviews by verarespirawho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry, curly (did I mention curly?), long (wet to my derierre!) hair. I use the no-poo cleansing method. Although I never cared for the Rose & Peppermint scent of this product, the *Old* formulation was very effective at delivering bouncy, shiny, frizz free curls! The *New* formulation (reformulation circa Summer '05) with amino acids added to the formula makes my hair dry and brittle, and I think it should be named Poo Poo! I prefer to use the Beauty Without Cruelty conditioners as a No Poo type of wash (see my review for my fave, so-called Volumizing formulation). Even for the larger size, this product is over-priced and over-fragranced IMO. Go with the BWC if you appreciate the ethos!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2006 1:13:00 AM More reviews by schpahky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My coarse, dry, curly hair loved this stuff - LOVED it - but my scalp didn't. No matter how I massaged, no matter the apple cider vinegar rinses, my scalp still got oily, flaky chunks all over it. Gross. The No-Poo smells wonderful and minty, and it goes on very thick. Still, it is cleansing, and healthy for the hair - just watch out if you've an oily scalp. I have switched to Low-Poo and my scalp is happier and the hair still likes it better than shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I completely agree with Artbabe and Dominicanaheat's reviews below. This is not a regular shampoo. This will not suds up and leave your hair squeaky clean, but you know what?? If you have really curly hair, your hair should not be squeaking in the first place. This will cleanse your hair and leave it fresh smelling and soft. As Artbabe mentioned, if you are using a lot of silicone laden products this will not remove them so you will need to clarify first. I solve that by not using those products anymore. I hate to get all emotional on you here, but I had hated my curly frizzy hair for 39 years. It is crazy corkscrew ringlets underneath and frizzy undefined waves on top. The flat iron was my drug of choice. Then I decided to trot over to naturallycurly.com and I found a ton of ladies like me and a salon locator for women with curly messes to deal with. Off I went to Devachan (the salon that formulated this product).Since that day two years ago My hair has never looked better. They taught me about the curly girl routine and introduced me to products like this one being reviewed and now people actually stop me in the street, men, women...you name it...and ask me where I get my hair done and if it is natural. The flat iron has been cold since then and I now feel sorry for people with straight hair. If you have curls and don't know what to do, give this and the curly girl routine a shot. Believe me, I had given up hope and I now have the hair of my dreams!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2006 12:51:00 AM More reviews by elloyd94

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I heard this was good if you have a lot of fine wavy/curly hair--I do. However, it left my hair looking really dirty when it finally dried. I hadn't even used conditioner. May try the Low-poo version. Would not recommend if you have even a slightly oily scalp.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2006 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Pennylope

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great, but way too expensive- you can get the same results by buying an organic shampoo from the health-food store, for a third of the price. That said, I like the scent of is, its kind of fruity and clean. Cleans the scalp without over-drying. I wouldn't buy it again though, far too expensive.