Philosophy The Oxygen Peel

3.4

on 2/13/2007 1:06:00 PM

This seems pretty nice, so far. It certainly didn't burn or tingle. I saw immediate results. My skin was brighter and the acne scars/pigmentation were more even. If I have a flare up later, I will update.

on 11/29/2006 11:28:00 AM

I love this peel, it makes my face clearer and brighter. It is the only peel by philosophy that works with my skin.

on 11/4/2006 10:47:00 AM

I'm not sure what to make of this. I didn't "feel" anything when the product was on my face, which made me wonder if it was working at all. But when I rinsed the peel off, my face was DEFINITELY much brighter and clearer. That effect lasted less than an hour, unfortunately. Then it was back to the way my skin was before using the peel--no better, no worse. My mother used this at the same time I did, and she, too, didn't feel anything. When she rinsed off the peel, her face looked about five shades LIGHTER than normal--you could absolutely see a difference in comparison with the lower part of her neck. It was odd! If you're an extreme chalkface like me, that might be a desired side effect; but my mom is more beige in color, and the effect was startling, to say the least. Thankfully, it didn't last. Unfortunately, nothing much about this peel DOES seem to last. For the price, I don't think it's worth it. I have high expectations for Philosophy because so many of their products are fantastic; sadly, this does not fall into the "fantastic" category.

on 10/26/2006 8:48:00 PM

I love the microdelivery peel system (love, love, love!) so i thought i'd give this a try ... ive used 5 of them and cant notice ANY change at all ... such a waste! wouldnt buy again.

on 10/20/2006 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Like the first 2-3 times I tried it, I liked it. I think I liked it because it was something new in my skincare regimen. After that, it got really tiresome to get the gel to form then slab on some foam which drips like heck.

It doesn't do anything with my blackheads. My pores feels tighter but it doesn't look smaller. It doesn't really do anything to your skin other than it soft. And you can buy a moisturizing mask for way cheaper and one that isn't such a hassle to put on.

I won't buy again.

on 9/23/2006 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I decided to try this after a Sephora saleslady recommeneded it. It didn't really do anything and caused some yucky blemishes. The mixing of the capsule powder and water was a bit messy, and I wasn't really comfortable applying the hydrogen peroxide foam to my face. I will be returning this product.

on 8/22/2006 10:26:00 AM

This product was a hit with me because I have sensitive skin and hoped for the best after I applied it to my face. I loved the look and feel of my face after using it. It also works well with other skincare lines and when I applied my moisturizer my face glowed.

on 8/4/2006 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm on the fence with this peel. I tried it out and I like how soft it makes my skin. As for improving it, I don't know yet. I recentely read that the main ingredient in this peel,hydrogen peroxide is dangerous for the skin. It's supposed to generate free radicals and keep the skin from repairing itself. I'm kind of hesitant to use this again.

on 7/8/2006 5:48:00 PM

This stuff is amazing!!! Tne more you use it the better the results. I crack up when I see people give bad reviews on their first try. This stuff is not a miracle worker hehe. Anyhoo I have used it twice and I am already hooked. My skin feels like a baby's butt and my skin was glowing for days after I used it. Im using it with the acne kit and my skin hasnt looked this good in years!

on 6/26/2006 9:54:00 AM

i swear by this product. i keep it and philosophy's microdelivery peel on hand at all times. i find myself using the microdelivery peel with greater frequency because it is easier to apply. but when the pores on my oily skin become congested, nothing clears them out better than the oxygen peel. as another reviewer suggested, i leave it on longer than the 3 minute suggestion (usually 5-6 minutes). the results are immediate and amazing. oily/combo girls who are frustrated with their skin should be greatly aided by this peel.

Popular Treatments (Face)