October 31, 2014 | 1173 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first tried this product as a sample, and I was so impressed that I bought the full size. I use shade #1. My skin has a lot of pink to it and this corrector cancels it out well. I have no problems covering blemishes or semi dark under eye circles. This product is very thin though, so a little goes a long way! I'm not a huge fan of the packaging. I find the gold to look to a bit gaudy, and I don't like packaging where you have to click or twist the container to get product out. It makes it very easy to get too much, especially with such a thin consistency product. I also prefer to just use my fingers to blend the product into my skin. It is a bit expensive. I only use this corrector about once a day so it has lasted me almost 2 months now and to me, that is worth the money. I would definitely repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by FeminineCharm

After testing this on myself at a department store years ago- I came away thinking, "What a scam!". I did not agree this was a concealer or a highlighter and how could it be both?

I recently asked a lady at YSL on how to use it properly- I have trawled most places looking for a good concealer to hide my dark circles with no luck. I was recommended the shade in 1.5 for my light olive skin (NC25) - it did look pale but it blended in perfectly.

She showed me exactly what I needed to do with the pen to banish the signs of late nights and I was amazed at how little product was actually required! Just two "smiley faces" under each eye- and blend away. Perfection.

Honestly, I did need to refresh it during the day but only once. Unlike some concealing/highlighting products this never looked cakey after re-application.

For anyone who enjoys using creamy or pan-style concealers- this may not be for you as this does not "cover" blemishes or darkness it reflects and diffuses. Also, where it may seem to have light coverage- this makes the eyes look awake and rested in photographs- this is a good one to bear in mind =)

This is a real splurge but it works for me as I don't look for heaviness in bases.
This is fragrance-free and the clicking action on the luxe, gold pen makes me feel like oo7.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

I understand Touche Eclat is not a concealer and I know what the product is actually for(most people seem to miss it).
I tried this product with high hopes, with the about of rave reviews it gets I was expecting a miracle, but unfortunately it is all hype.
It doesn't actually do anything...? It doesn't correct, or highlight or add radiance. It sort of sits on top of the skin, doing nothing.

The texture is creamy but it is sheer, but cakey, it is a bizarre mix.
I've seen people use it under their eyes but I can't because it cakes very easily under the thin skin of the eyes.
It does have quite pink/salmon undertones most likely to correct blue hues but its far too sheer to correct it you'll still see blue circles with pink cakey product on top.
The packaging is nice though, I do like the gold, but the brush pen will leave this product streaking, so do blend in with a brush or finger.
The amount of product you get in is good, actually. I've tried it numerous times for different uses but I just can't justify the hype.
I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Henab

This takes away eye bags, puffiness and dark circles. Cons for me is the short shelf life because I only wear makeup occasionally.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Reference point: tan skin - NARS Barcelona, Armani Silk Foundation 7, MAC NC 30-35. In YSL Touche Eclat I wear #2 (note: I do like a lighter undereye product)

Packaging: Lux, beautiful gold 'click' pen that disposes the fluid. I normally do 2 clicks for both under eyes, and use the rest on my nose, cupids bow, under the cheekbones. The packaging is beautiful and I love that it has a build in brush. Cons - I'd love a way to tell how much product is left. Never had problems with the pen clogging or dispensing too much product.

YSL Touche Eclat is one of those products I think people either love or hate - there's very few opinions in between. I think this product confuses a lot of people.

*****I don't see Touche Eclat as a concealer! For me, this is a highlight and a brightener for the undereyes and the face. If you have a semi-perfect undereye region without dark circles (as in 95% of the population :D) you can get away with using this product as your 'concealer'. I LOVE a bright subtle highlighted undereye make up inspired look - and the only way I've gotten that is by using YSL.

How I use it: I apply my regular foundation and my regular concealer (I like a cream one - Cle de Peau, Laura Mercier) underneath the eyes. Then I use YSL under my eyes - glide it under the eyes with the brush applicator in the pen, and blend it out from the inner eyes to the hairline with my fingers. Then I 'set' it with a loose powder for longevity (Laura Mercier Illuminating Powder at the moment).

Effect: I have genetic dark circles under my eyes. I wouldn't say they are horrid though. I try to get lots of sleep and use nice skin care but they still need make up help. I've used an assortment of every high end concealer out there, and while they cover my circles they don't don't give that highlight/brightness that I get when I use YSL Touche Eclat on top. The first time I wore this, my fiancé noticed right away and complimented me.

It's a subtle effect of course, but it's that one step you can add to your beauty routine that will make a beautiful difference. As of right now - I wouldn't go without Touche Eclat. I do believe that beautiful skin 'makes' your make up and my undereye region looks 100% better when I glide this on top of my undereye concealer. I look fresh, dewy, glowing and best of all - natural. It does not look like I used heavy undereye concealer. I love a great concealer but sometimes they look a bit dry and cakey (ie: Cle de Peau despite its great coverage and longevity) but adding Touche Eclat on top makes me look young and fresh, like I'm not really wearing make up.

As a highlight for your face - it's subtle. I'm a big fan of contour and highlight techniques, but since this product is very sheer and subtle, I'd say it's best left for your under eyes. However, when I do want that subtle illuminated look I'll use it on the bridge of my nose, forehead, cupids bow, etc.

I've had no irritation/adverse reactions to this. Longevity is pretty great, but then again I'm setting it with loose powder - I don't retouch this at all during the day.

Yes, it's expensive. You might be disappointed if you expect it to serve as just a concealer. There's a reason this product is the holy grail of famous make up artists and beauty editors - it's a wonderful product. Try it out, experiment with it, it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by melisca

I have been using this product for a very long time (years) but just now I decided to share my long-term experience with it. When I first tried it, I was absolutely impressed by it. And for some time I could just not go out without it. At this time it was a pretty new product, at least for me, and I think not many other brands were offering something similar.

What changed - first my skin. I think this product is meant much more to enhance rather than to hide. And before my thirties I was proud with very smooth skin. Therefore I didn't need any heavier makeup but I had my small secret - Touche Eclat #1. I was applying it
gently to the inner corners of my eyes, just below the outer corner of the brows, on the tip of my nose and I was getting so many compliments for my skin without anyone realizing I was wearing make-up and I loved it! Because it just made my natural beauty shine. But time passed and now it is just not enough for me any more. I have dark circles under my eyes and tiny wrinkles have appeared although all the creams I have been using.

The second thing that has changed since then is that some other companies started to offer similar products even at a cheaper price.

I still have Touche Eclat #1 in my makeup bag although it is not any more a favorite product. Still, on the plus side is that if taken care properly, this product can last for a very long time which compensates for its high price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by cirrus7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have pretty prominent under-eye circles (although I find I am able to conceal them relatively well) and am on the lighter end of the "generally dark" skin spectrum. I don't find that this product is full enough coverage as a corrector or concealer, nor do I find it particularly effective in highlighting areas normally illuminated in natural light. At best, this product could be dotted lightly over face and blended in with a moisturizing facial cream for more of a tinted moisturizer look with concealer being applied after. I would not buy this product again as there are plenty of other better tinted moisturizers (such as the one by Smashbox) and the price isn't right for what it says it accomplishes.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For some reason, this product is on many people's HG lists. It isn't on mine. It does not hide my imperfections well enough when I use it as a corrector, and it does not highlight areas well enough when I use it as a highlighter. When I was younger and the dark circles were not as bad, this product worked well enough that I repurchased. But it doesn't work for my needs as well now as it did when I was a teenager, so I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, some dark circles under the eyes that need covering.

2 years ago I purchsaed shade #8, which seemed the best match for NC25 and being the makeup newbie I was.. tried to use this alone for under eye concealing and acne spot coverage. Obvious fails, and I ended up returning it (fyi, the YSL pills under makeup if you try acne spot concealing).

About 6m ago, I repurchased in the newly released shade #2.5, understanding the general purpose of under eye concealing and as a general brightener. And now it languishes in my stash, as I find there is too much shine or reflecting of light that it doesn't look natural. Whenever I watch TV shows where I see obvious reflection of light from under the eyes, I wonder if the MUA used the cult YSL TE.

Alone YSL TE doesn't cover my under eye circles (or any brightener for that matter).. but I'm finally onboard that you need a peach/salmon corrector first to cover the purple/blue under eye circles.. then apply a good yellow brightener over (thank you Bobbi Brown's Covering Circles Blemishes & More page). I don't reach for this one, instead I go for the Clinique Airbrush Concealer #4 and also would like to try Burberry's click pen concealer #2.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by HotPozzum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Expensive but worth it! I use this as an under-eye concealer and general face highlighter. Light, silky texture. No scent. Really eliminates eye bags or discolouration. Quite light coverage though. Beautiful gold packaging, love the click system - no waste. Seems to last quite a while. Very good for handbag - can use for foundation touch ups, scars etc. Would recommend to all just make sure you get your colour matched perfectly.
UPDATE: Just not thick enough coverage for my dark circles/crowsfeet! I still use this as a highlighter or travel touch ups but not really as a eye concealer.