August 21, 2014 | 1321 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Reference point: tan skin - NARS Barcelona, Armani Silk Foundation 7, MAC NC 30-35. In YSL Touche Eclat I wear #2 (note: I do like a lighter undereye product)

Packaging: Lux, beautiful gold 'click' pen that disposes the fluid. I normally do 2 clicks for both under eyes, and use the rest on my nose, cupids bow, under the cheekbones. The packaging is beautiful and I love that it has a build in brush. Cons - I'd love a way to tell how much product is left. Never had problems with the pen clogging or dispensing too much product.

YSL Touche Eclat is one of those products I think people either love or hate - there's very few opinions in between. I think this product confuses a lot of people.

*****I don't see Touche Eclat as a concealer! For me, this is a highlight and a brightener for the undereyes and the face. If you have a semi-perfect undereye region without dark circles (as in 95% of the population :D) you can get away with using this product as your 'concealer'. I LOVE a bright subtle highlighted undereye make up inspired look - and the only way I've gotten that is by using YSL.

How I use it: I apply my regular foundation and my regular concealer (I like a cream one - Cle de Peau, Laura Mercier) underneath the eyes. Then I use YSL under my eyes - glide it under the eyes with the brush applicator in the pen, and blend it out from the inner eyes to the hairline with my fingers. Then I 'set' it with a loose powder for longevity (Laura Mercier Illuminating Powder at the moment).

Effect: I have genetic dark circles under my eyes. I wouldn't say they are horrid though. I try to get lots of sleep and use nice skin care but they still need make up help. I've used an assortment of every high end concealer out there, and while they cover my circles they don't don't give that highlight/brightness that I get when I use YSL Touche Eclat on top. The first time I wore this, my fiancé noticed right away and complimented me.

It's a subtle effect of course, but it's that one step you can add to your beauty routine that will make a beautiful difference. As of right now - I wouldn't go without Touche Eclat. I do believe that beautiful skin 'makes' your make up and my undereye region looks 100% better when I glide this on top of my undereye concealer. I look fresh, dewy, glowing and best of all - natural. It does not look like I used heavy undereye concealer. I love a great concealer but sometimes they look a bit dry and cakey (ie: Cle de Peau despite its great coverage and longevity) but adding Touche Eclat on top makes me look young and fresh, like I'm not really wearing make up.

As a highlight for your face - it's subtle. I'm a big fan of contour and highlight techniques, but since this product is very sheer and subtle, I'd say it's best left for your under eyes. However, when I do want that subtle illuminated look I'll use it on the bridge of my nose, forehead, cupids bow, etc.

I've had no irritation/adverse reactions to this. Longevity is pretty great, but then again I'm setting it with loose powder - I don't retouch this at all during the day.

Yes, it's expensive. You might be disappointed if you expect it to serve as just a concealer. There's a reason this product is the holy grail of famous make up artists and beauty editors - it's a wonderful product. Try it out, experiment with it, it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by melisca

I have been using this product for a very long time (years) but just now I decided to share my long-term experience with it. When I first tried it, I was absolutely impressed by it. And for some time I could just not go out without it. At this time it was a pretty new product, at least for me, and I think not many other brands were offering something similar.

What changed - first my skin. I think this product is meant much more to enhance rather than to hide. And before my thirties I was proud with very smooth skin. Therefore I didn't need any heavier makeup but I had my small secret - Touche Eclat #1. I was applying it
gently to the inner corners of my eyes, just below the outer corner of the brows, on the tip of my nose and I was getting so many compliments for my skin without anyone realizing I was wearing make-up and I loved it! Because it just made my natural beauty shine. But time passed and now it is just not enough for me any more. I have dark circles under my eyes and tiny wrinkles have appeared although all the creams I have been using.

The second thing that has changed since then is that some other companies started to offer similar products even at a cheaper price.

I still have Touche Eclat #1 in my makeup bag although it is not any more a favorite product. Still, on the plus side is that if taken care properly, this product can last for a very long time which compensates for its high price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by cirrus7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have pretty prominent under-eye circles (although I find I am able to conceal them relatively well) and am on the lighter end of the "generally dark" skin spectrum. I don't find that this product is full enough coverage as a corrector or concealer, nor do I find it particularly effective in highlighting areas normally illuminated in natural light. At best, this product could be dotted lightly over face and blended in with a moisturizing facial cream for more of a tinted moisturizer look with concealer being applied after. I would not buy this product again as there are plenty of other better tinted moisturizers (such as the one by Smashbox) and the price isn't right for what it says it accomplishes.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For some reason, this product is on many people's HG lists. It isn't on mine. It does not hide my imperfections well enough when I use it as a corrector, and it does not highlight areas well enough when I use it as a highlighter. When I was younger and the dark circles were not as bad, this product worked well enough that I repurchased. But it doesn't work for my needs as well now as it did when I was a teenager, so I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, some dark circles under the eyes that need covering.

2 years ago I purchsaed shade #8, which seemed the best match for NC25 and being the makeup newbie I was.. tried to use this alone for under eye concealing and acne spot coverage. Obvious fails, and I ended up returning it (fyi, the YSL pills under makeup if you try acne spot concealing).

About 6m ago, I repurchased in the newly released shade #2.5, understanding the general purpose of under eye concealing and as a general brightener. And now it languishes in my stash, as I find there is too much shine or reflecting of light that it doesn't look natural. Whenever I watch TV shows where I see obvious reflection of light from under the eyes, I wonder if the MUA used the cult YSL TE.

Alone YSL TE doesn't cover my under eye circles (or any brightener for that matter).. but I'm finally onboard that you need a peach/salmon corrector first to cover the purple/blue under eye circles.. then apply a good yellow brightener over (thank you Bobbi Brown's Covering Circles Blemishes & More page). I don't reach for this one, instead I go for the Clinique Airbrush Concealer #4 and also would like to try Burberry's click pen concealer #2.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by HotPozzum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Expensive but worth it! I use this as an under-eye concealer and general face highlighter. Light, silky texture. No scent. Really eliminates eye bags or discolouration. Quite light coverage though. Beautiful gold packaging, love the click system - no waste. Seems to last quite a while. Very good for handbag - can use for foundation touch ups, scars etc. Would recommend to all just make sure you get your colour matched perfectly.
UPDATE: Just not thick enough coverage for my dark circles/crowsfeet! I still use this as a highlighter or travel touch ups but not really as a eye concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by MsElla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This is an amazing product. I know it isn't technically a concealer, but I primarily use this under my eyes to camouflage my dark circles, and it works wonderfully with no creasing. It's also a great highlight for the top of the cheekbones and brow bones. On days when I wear minimal makeup, I'll apply this to my eyelids over my MAC Painterly paint pot for a brighter, more polished look. I've heard some people say this is similar to the L'Oreal and Maybelline highlighting pens, but to me, there's no comparison. I will use this product for as long as YSL makes it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't only have purple dark circles under my eyes, I have hollows under the dark and this fixes it for me. It is so moist and perfect, never heavy never seen a cosmetic do anything near what this tube does. Expensive but worth it. I don't even want to hear about anything else. This makes me look like 22 years old!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Jonnysmakeup

Phenomenal product!! A cult classic among makeup artists, enthusiasts and anyone that knows even a little about makeup! A lot of people think this is just an under-eye concealer/corrector, IT IS NOT. Yes it's brilliant under the eyes to brighten and illuminate but it is a highlighter so can be used anywhere to brighten the complexion. I use it under the eyes, brow bone, eye lids (occasionally), cheek bones, round the nose area, around the lips and anywhere that happens to look dull! Fantastic price for the money I think and a worthy investment to your makeup bag. Whilst some may think £25 is steep, I used 1-3 clicks daily and it lasted nearly 2 years!! Far better than any dupes!! Go get it :D

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is one of the classics that i don't rate very high at all. If you have horrible, purple dark circles this WONT cover them. Its a nice highlighter but i cant say more than that. It's rather expensive so when it didnt work for me i felt a little cheated (i bought it twice in different shades). I think this would be great for the older woman who has a few under eye shadows and needs a bit of highlighting here and there, i wouldnt repurchase.