Suave Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, dimethiconol, fragrance (parfum), carbomer, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium, chloride, tetrasodium, EDTA, amodimethicone, DMDM hydantoin, TEA-dodecyibenzene-sulfonate, citric acid, C11-15 pareth-7, laureth-9, trideceth-12, PRG-9, propylene glycol, glycerin, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E acetate), lysine HCI, arginine HCI, panthenol, panthenyl ethyl ether, methylchloroisothiazolinone, silk amino acids, methylisothiazolinone, mica ( CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

on 10/21/2008 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Wow. I may be in love with Suave's Sleek Look shampoo and conditioner combo. The shampoo cleans your hair really well, unlike most smoothing shampoos. It smells great too (there are so many bad reviews pertaining to the scent of this line. I think it smells like average shampoo.). So this manages to smooth your hair, clean it, and not sacrifice any volume. In fact, I feel like it added volume to my hair. The bottle cost less than $2 at Target and they sell a jumbo size bottle too.

Update: After a few disappointing hair days, I believe that the secret to this stuff is using cold water to rinse your hair. The first time I used this, our hot water was completely out, so I had an icy shower, and coincidentally my hair was awesome.

on 9/29/2008 7:03:00 PM

Compared to Suave's other shampoos, I like how this one is slightly more moisturizing and still cleans well. I liked the smell at first and thought it smelled a bit fruity, but after another try, I found that it smells like Febreze's mint spray (yuck.) Besides the smell, I like the texture, how it performs, etc, but I think I'm going to try other shampoos before I repurchase this one.

on 9/25/2008 11:10:00 AM

This shampoo (combined with the conditioner) made my hair feel silky. However, the scent is very powerful, and even washing every other day it remains too strong for me. Since pregnancy I have become very sensitive to perfumes so it may just be my hypersensitivity, but I will not be able to keep using it. Good quality shampoo, just not for me.

on 8/27/2008 4:27:00 PM

Wow....I did not have high hopes for this product despite the high reviews because I have been a shampoo snob for years. Boy was I wrong. This is great! The smell does not bother me, I can't remember what it reminds me of but it's pretty fresh smelling. This combined with the conditioner make my hair feel like silk which is something I have never gotten from ANY shampoo. Maybe it won't always make my hair feel that way (you know how it feels like some shampoos stop working after a month or so?) but I hope it continues. I bought it on sale at Target for $1.77 and it made me laugh because the shampoo and conditioner combined cost less than a typical drugstore shampoo and it's about 1/10 of the price of salon shampoo.

I have already recommended this to several people.

on 8/27/2008 3:37:00 PM

I love this stuff I had this in my bathroom, and forgot about it I'm so tired
of using shampoo's and Condtioner's, that do nothing and you pay so much for them this stuff work's my hair, looks so smooth and easy to work with I will not buy name brand, anymore save your money and buy Suave.

on 8/11/2008 7:14:00 AM

I loved the way this shampoo made my hair feel & look, but I could not stand the smell -- and I'm not usually very sensitive to that. Even with my hair pulled back in a pony tail, I could smell it on me all day. I actually ended up throwing away the rest of the bottle!

I'm having much better luck with Suave professionals shine enhancing shampoo.

on 7/10/2008 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

i bought this after reading such good reviews. I have really embraced suave lately after thinking that my hair required "better" products. This shampoo is amazing, left my hair SO soft and helped with frizz (and Im talking 100% humidity conditions). the price is another of its great qualities, think it was under $2!!

on 7/6/2008 7:51:00 PM

I bought this and thought it was great. Very cheap and effective. Have been using it for a few months now. Would highly recommend!

on 6/3/2008 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love this! I've been using this after a brief stint of indulgence with Redken's All Soft line and I can honestly say I like this better. I've been using this with the Sleek Look conditioner for about 5 weeks and the results are unbelievable for the roughly $2.50 I spent on each at Wal-Mart. I have thick, slightly wavy hair that is past my shoulders. I have terrible frizzies in humid weather and this tames them. A word of caution: If you have a hard time with scents, this one has a very distinct "mediciney" one. It fades significantly after drying, but it's still a factor to consider. I still give it 5 lippies as this doesn't bother me. YAY!

on 4/28/2008 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This shampoo is one of the only drugstore shampoos that I will promote since the rest have turned my head into a yucky mess. This stuff smooths my hair and softens it exceptionally well. I always use in conjunction with the condish so I cant say if it is OK to use on its own. My curls pop, and the frizz is erased. On the days I straighten, my hair is so smooth and so soft, I can't keep my hands away. The smell leaves a little to be desired, but it isn't strong and fades right away. And like the condish, the extremely cheap price allows for multiple repurchases without feeling guilty. I love Suave! For reference, I have collar bone length( when straight), very curly, frizzy, poofy, biracial hair :-)

Popular Shampoos