February 1, 2015 | 1119 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Glysomed

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by definelove

Glysomed is AMAZING. I truly believe that every single person in the world who suffers from dry skin needs to own a bottle of this stuff. This product has made my hands and feet silky soft, within just 2-3 days of usage. I used to have disgusting calluses on my feet because it is summer right now and I've been wearing flip-flops, flats, and heels a lot.. I tried this out, and I saw amazing results in literally two days. I know a common complaint would be it leaves a little bit of moisture behind, which is why I'd recommend applying this before night time. This doesn't have that "amazing scent" like most handcreams do, it has a regular cream scent. I have a couple of travel sized containers that I keep in my car, in my bag, at school, and a huge one that I like to keep on my bedside. I have to say I've tried SO many different types of hand creams, but most of them just seem to appeal for their smell or their packaging. Overall, this is a must-have product, whether you are a girl or a guy, even if you don't suffer from dry skin, you will be absolutely amazed at the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by MissBoop

I love Glysomed, I usually get really dry hands, from doing dishes without gloves. My boyfriend also gets really dried hands and we both use the Glysomed line and it really helps moisturize. I just don't like the fact that sometimes it feels filmy after you apply it. It's a great product regardless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have nasty dyshydrotic eczema on my hands. It erupts mainly in the webbing and back of the hands. Stress exacerbates it and when it does, which is daily when I'm working, it feels like burning hot, itching agony. This is the only cream that soothes my hands when they are inflamed beyond belief. A cream that soothes rather than stings is already unusual but the bonus with the Glysomed is that although it is a barrier cream, it never, ever, feels 'suffocating' like many of the creams formulated for eczema. This product is a godsend. I've also discovered another use for this cream. It is an awesome face moisturizer, makeup base, and hair smoother in a pinch!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Sonjaaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very good moisturiser. A little bit goes a long way. It has a strange oily texture or remnant that is strange at first, but hey, it works! I don't question German technology! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used the cream version of this when I got my first tattoo to keep it moisturized and from scabs forming while it healed. It did a wonderful job, scabbed just a teeny bit and not much itching.

LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ca806

I use this lotion on my body and face, it's so good! My skin is actually combination, so I have extremely flaky areas and some oily. This is the only lotion that can moisturize the really dry areas on my face, and a little goes a long way too.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by sormag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My mom bought this for me... i use my hands alot at work and requires frequent washing. I use this for while... and i don't really like how thick it is. and I don't think it does what it claims "restore moisture, smoother and softer"...

but then again... i've tried many other products and nothing really works...><

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by ksuey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of the cheaper but most effective creams for dry skin EVER. FIVE STARS :)
A lot of people I know actually own it and use it as hand cream. I remember the first time I used it, not only was I was blown away by how supple my hands were, but the staying power (which btw, lasted forever no joke)!

All you have to do is make sure you don't squeeze out too much on your hands. I mean I personally don't mind that residue feeling (not sticky/greasy though... it's hard to describe) but that's just me.

BUT HERE'S THE CATCH:
Rather than using it on my hands, I find that this works best on my LIPS :) [haha, am I the only one?] I constantly have chapped lips (sigh.. Canada..) and this works absolute WONDERS. It's AMAAAZING. I don't see why there's so much hype about Vaseline as a lip balm when THIS actually sinks in and moisturizes. Because I put a lot on my lips, I feel like the residue is an even better moisture retaining barrier than Vaseline.

Honestly, all the dry flakes and chapped lips just... disappear. It's incredible. The cream sinks in so fast (as it does anywhere else) and it leaves my lips with this plush (not shiny) and completely, kissabley soft. It's beautiful and great and I LOVE IT :)

PS. I have the green one but if you don't like the scent of the original, there's always the unscented version (it's in white).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I bought the unscented hand cream in the white tube. This stuff is amazing! It is great for the cold winter months and keeps my hands moisturized without feeling greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by B_Lush

This product is a must to medical workers everywhere. A bit greasy at first but is sinks in pretty fast. I wash my hands more than 20x a day (and that's just at work) and I love that I'm able to carry this little tube in my pocket and re-apply as needed. I like the scented one, smells clean and fresh, but not too strong that it would be offensive to people around me. Our local Target stopped carrying Glysomed products awhile back and I had to experiment with different hand creams. I was happy to find it at a Safeway last month... I stocked up! =)