April 19, 2014 | 886 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beautiful

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by iamcasihart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Estee Lauder's Beautiful takes me back to my early childhood and evokes fond memories of watching my gorgeous, stylish Mother dressing for work each morning. Mom had the entire line, as I recall. I remember the richly-scented body lotion and the gentle body powder with the large "poofy" for application. Beautiful is one of those scents that I could recognize in an instant, nearly 25 years after my Mother wore it with such ease and elegance. Thinking back, I can clearly smell an opening of lemons and something green. Beautiful quickly moves to it's lush floral heart, where it remains for most of it's duration. Notes of Freesia, Jasmine and Lilac stand out in what is otherwise a walk through an impressive floral shop! There is a clear note of Cedar, from start to finish, with just a hint of Musk in the dry down. There is nothing warm or cozy about this fragrance. It is very bright, feminine and powdery. This scent would never wear well on me, but I do consider it a classic, pretty floral that on the right woman, (in my case, my Mother), is truly BEAUTIFUL.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Powerfully sweet and floral, Beautiful is the type of scent I think is better reserved for evenings out. I think it's a bit strong and heady for everyday, but I do like it for special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Certainly not a granny scent. How tiresome that comment is. One day the fragrances of 2010 will be labelled 'granny' scents. Think about it. Still, Beautiful is a very big, feminine scent. For special occasions, and should only be applied lightly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree definitely a grannie scent. Strong soapy and masculine scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The very first thing that came to my mind when smelling this was grandma scent! While I do not think any grandma wearing this scent would smell anything close to bad it is just not appealing to me and has a very mature scent to it. However there are other fragrances that I associate with older women in my family that I think are more alluring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Ciciban

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Funny my dear melbell1, my grandma does wear this wonderful fragrance and she smells like angels! Wait, did you mean to say that our grandmas smell bad? Oh wait, I'm starting to get it, you did! You did mean to suggest that this fragrance smells undesirable and so you compare it to what our mothers, our grandmothers smell like... Oh nice! So I guess there's no love for the women in your family who raised you? Interesting...

14 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by melbell1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use to sell Beautiful left and right! It is one of my least favorite perfumes out there.I don't know why everyone loves this scent.Its so floral and smells like a grandma.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 6:19:00 AM More reviews by boombutt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i have an almost full bottle of this still i bought several years ago. i bought it because it smelled so good on a friend. while i love tuberose i just dont reach for this. it is just so heavy and stagnant on me. i really should give it away but i keep thinking i will regret it if i do and i dont know why.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A long lasting, floral fragrance. It smells too strongly of lily and tuberose with a hint of rose and other flowers. It is like someone constantly pushing a fragrant bouquet of flowers up your nose. It stays sickly sweet on me. There is no soft or sandalwood dry down on my skin. Definitely not a fragrance to be spritzed all over the body just a small amount is needed, if at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been on a fragrance kick. This is a fragrance I would use for special occasions. I like it...very feminine. Plus, only takes a little bit and lasts all day.
Edit: After the dry down it's powdery and makes me cough. I guess I'll give it away.