Ponds bare and repair conditioning eye makeup remover with grapeseed extract and vitamin e [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

on 9/15/2006 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is by far the best makeup remover I have ever used! It beats 'em all, hands-down. It's gentle on my eyes, removes every trace of eye makeup (including waterproof gel eyeliner), and doesn't give me milia anywhere. It comes in a bottle with an open neck, which I hate, because I end up spilling -- I wish it came in a pump! You also have to shake it up because it's two layers, but that takes about 2 seconds. :-) I just love this -- I'm going to order it from drugstore.com when I need it because I can never find it in stores! Total HG material, something I will always have in my cabinet! EDIT 10/3/07: I think this has been discontinued -- can't find it on drugstore.com anymore!! :-( continued >>

on 9/12/2006 2:19:00 PM

I've searched far and wide for an eyemakeup remover that will get me clean, but not leave me greasy. This is probably the closest I have come to finding that HG. This stuff comes in 2 layers so you have to shake it a little bit to combine them. My makeup comes off pretty easily, and my eyelids feel clean, but not dry or greasy, afterwards.

on 8/28/2006 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This product removes eyeshadow, liner, and mascara in a mere instant, but the oily texture can cause milia around the eyes. The oil can also spread easily to your face and will prevent subsequent cleanser from penetrating. So it is important to use this product, then wash and rinse your eyes first, separately from the rest of your face, in order to prevent the oil from spreading. Now I only use this when I need to remove mascara, because Almay makeup remover towellettes does a much neater job removing other eye and face makeup.Update 10/18/2006: Forget what I said before. I just finished the bottle and I swear this stuff is making my lashes GROW! It's a keeper. I hope it's not being discontinued though, I went to Wal-Mart and two Eckerds looking for it; only the last Eckerd's had it in a bin on the floor-it seemingly had been pulled from the shelf. nooooo...

on 8/26/2006 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is the best eye makeup remover i`ve ever used. i'm so glad that i found such a great product and truly recommend it to anyone that wears eye makeup!!! =)

on 8/18/2006 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Finally! An affordable makeup remover-- heck, ANY makeup remover-- that works quickly and is not overly oily. Compared to Clinique's Take the Day Off, and especially Lancome's Bi-Facil (which I think is super oily) Pond's works shockingly faster and is less oily. I can't believe it's so cheap ($6ish). I was enamored of Take the Day Off after a Bi-Facil phase that ended because I couldn't stand the oiliness, but now I think I'll just buy this stuff.

on 8/10/2006 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

OMG! I love this product. So glad I bought this after reading the reviews. After being burned so many times w/ eye makeup removers, this stuff is so amazing. No stinging, burning sensations, or me running to flush my eyes out. It is rather oily (due to the grapeseed extract I am guessing) but doesn't bother me because I wash my face right afterwards, plus it leaves my eyes softer then they were before. I must say that it was a bit of a challenge to find a store that carries it (I believe target no longer carries it, but you may want to double check). I finally found it at a brooks pharmacy and at $5 and some change it was definately worth it's volume in gas that I burned trying to find it.

on 7/30/2006 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Wow! This stuff is amazing. It just melts through my waterproof mascara, very quickly and without any scrubbing. There is a little bit of oily residue that I notice after using it, but since I use it before showering, that's not really a problem. It doesn't make my eyes sting either. I've been using Neutrogena's Gentle Eye Makeup remover, but this works even better and with less product. Wonderful find!

on 7/29/2006 12:24:00 AM

Taking your advice I tried this and you are right! This actually does work better than Mary Kay's eye make-up remover and without the smell. I never would have believed it, but its true. MK cost $14, Ponds around $5, what a deal! Try it.

on 7/22/2006 9:29:00 AM

Wow, I never knew I could be excited about taking OFF my makeup! This stuff works wonders, is so gentle and so quick and easy. I took off a lippie because it still takes a few tries to remove all of my waterproof mascara. But a super cheap and overall great product.

on 7/19/2006 1:25:00 AM

This baby lasted for exactly 3 months with daily usage. It cleans waterproof makeup very well. This is almost identical to Lancome Bi-Fical. I actually like both of them equally, but I will choose Pond's for the price. It's so cheap and effective with lots of good ingredients. This tends to make skin around the eyes oily especially when you hit the bottom of the bottle, but I don't have any problem with that since I always wash my face after using eye m/u remover. I don't like the packaging, but the product makes up for it.