July 30, 2014 | 1858 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Cream Shaper for Eyes - Chocolate Lustre

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by trulylovely

I had given up pencil liners when I discovered gel liners, but this color was just to tempting that I had to try it. I'm always looking for browns, epecially shimmery browns, and after seeing it on my roommate, I caved. This is a lovely medium shimmery brown with a bit of bronzey/copper sparkle. After trying it, Clinique Cream Shapers have quickly become some of my favorite liners. A nice quick alternative to gel liners, and much easier for on the go. I love the depth that this color has, and it is very long-wearing. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Since discovering MAC Fluidlines a year ago, I'd all but given up on pencil eyeliners. Recently, though, I was looking for something to line my eyes with to complete a brown smokey eye look, and I rediscovered my Chocolate Lustre eyeliner. Not sure why I hadn't used it in a year, but I'm so glad that I've rediscovered it.

The color is very chocolately, just as the name suggests. It's a dark warmish brown that would work with just about any neutral. The color makes my blue eyes look absolutely AMAZING---they stand out and the color is intensified by the contrast.

The consistency is good too--this lasts all day without budging and does go on pretty smoothly for the most part. I've found that it doesn't smudge easily, which for some is probably a good thing, but I like to smudge my eyeliners to give a softer look, hence the 4/5 rating.

This is worthy of a repurchase, especially during a Clinique bonus. I'd encourage any blue-eyed gal to check this shade out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

This is a really lovely color. I have hazel eyes, and it brings out the green/blue in them wonderfully. It has a nice shimmer to it, but it's not gaudy. Once it's set, it stays put. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by cziki

i had been using mac eyeliner in teddy for a few years and then decided to give this one a go. i was impressed by the results, as the colour is pretty and the staying power is really great. compared to mac's teddy, it lasts forever without smudging. however i dont think it was the most natural look for me as the pigment is quite dark, so i went back to using mac.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by lba619

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

NW25, Lt Brown, Blue/Hazel, Combo, No Breakouts. I got this as a GWP with High Def. Mascara. The liner I got is a duo with chocolate lustre on one end and cream luster on the other. I love using the cream color on my waterline. It really brightens my eyes. The chocolate color is gorgeous! Will repurchase these separately if I can't find them together!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by xmifaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite pencil eyeliner to line the bottom of my eyes. It has the best staying power of all the pencil eyeliners I have tried and I do not have to re-apply throughout the day. I love the dark brown colour of chocolate lustre and the slight shimmer it delivers. I am asian and I find black eyeliners too harsh to line the botton of my eyes but dark brown is perfect. For daytime I apply this product lightly and at night I apply many layers for a more dramatic look. I really really love the shimmer (which is subtle enough for the office when applied lightly) and it is non-sumdging and long lasting. I have also purchased the Egyptian and Brown Sugar colours but my favourite is Chocolate Lustre, it's really pretty and perfect for all occasions and I use it everyday. It is a soft formula so do not apply too much pressure during application, rather apply many layers for a darker look. I find that one pencil will last 6-8 months with daily use and it is not too expensive as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 12:01:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is officially my all time favorite eye liner ever! It has replaced my former hg golden brown shade, which was Mac Teddy eye kohl. While teddy is beautiful (a tad bit darker & has a lil bit more shimmer), the reason I switched is because, the cream liner is so much better! The color is a medium brown with hints of copper, and small golden sparkles in it. It looks great on my green eyes,makes them pop & appear blue. It looks great on everyone I use it on (makeovers). It has a creamy texture, and glides on the eyes effortlessly, making it easy to line. These never dry out either. I have tested them against Urban Decay 24/7 liners, and can say they last longer then the UD liners. Ive done an eye test, and the hand smudge test side by side. I cant say enough about these liners, and their great quality. Clinique has wonderful prices, and I highly recommend any of the cream shapers. The colors are very wearable, not overly bright or shimmery. *update* also wanted to add these do not irritate the eye area at all, and these layer for color. I can made it a light brown, or deeper dark brown depending how many layers I use. <3 this liner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 3:43:00 PM More reviews by kkt1210

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i agree with all the raves.....beautiful, slightly shimmery, rich chocolate colour, and lasts all day. one really good thing (for me) is that it doesn't seem to irritate my eyes too much. my eyes are very sensitive and many eye products irritate and make them red and burn....but i can't say this has done that any more than wearing nothing at all. even when wearing nothing they sometimes still get irritated. i'm wanting to try some other colours. great eye liner! i forget the price, but it was reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2007 4:20:00 AM More reviews by JemmaM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best brown eyeliner I have ever had. Love the chocolatey colour and easy to apply. I find it lasts all day. Will stick with this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 8:09:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

My colouring and skin type is described in my notepad. Pros: This is a lovely creamy chocolate liner with subtle shimmer in it. I find it can be used to draw a nice more precise line and smudges well too. It doesnt pull at the eye since it is so soft and creamy. It has quite good staying power on my slightly oily lids - it only fades a tad at the end of a very long day. Cons: The colour isnt particularly unique although it is a nice shade of chocolate brown. It is also quite pricey since it is so soft, it needs frequent sharpening and i seem to be using this up at a rapid pace. Overall, it is a lovely product which i will use up but i am probably purchasing bb chocolate shimmer ink liner next since i am a gel liner convert. However for pencil liners, i dont think the creamshapers can be beat :)