Givenchy Mister Light

4.2

I've used this product for more than a year now. Before Givenchy I had Lancome's (not Flash Retouche) and it was doing an okay job but I like how Mister Light both conceals and highlights. Its coverage is optimum (not so thick that it is obvious) and its highlight is very subtle (i did not notice any glitter in it as another reviewer said there was). It is far superior to YSL Touche Eclat which is basically pink glitter to me.

on 2/12/2010 5:13:00 AM

Not sure if I'm the only one who notices, but there is glitter in it. I hate cheap make up tricks like this, if you can't figure out how to create proper illuminating pigments without glitter, leave it be Givenchy (same goes for Ysl glitterrama). Texture is a bit heavy, almost like a real conceal (this is not a concealer, but a highlighter), but still it doesn't cake or look unnatural. Also it offers bit more coverage than Dior Skinflash or Lancome Flash Retouche or Guerlain Precious Light. One shade is really pink, others are more on the bronze side. Overall it's a nice product, if it wasn't for the glitter in it. That really ruins everything, because these things are noticeable especially in daylight (any kind), sun, flash photography and when a person get closer than 20 inches to you. Maybe it's good for evening makeup or something like that, but for every day, IMHO.

on 2/6/2010 7:06:00 PM

Like everyone else, I've moved on from YSL to Dior to Guerlain to this, always looking for that perfecting concealing/highlighting pen. Next up: Lancome. Do I like this? I do. It gives more coverage than Dior or YSL did and is more emollient as well, though I think Guerlain has it beat on that aspect. I don't think any of these is going to give hardcore coverage, but they are very portable and great for touch-ups on the go. As someone with oily skin whose makeup wears off over the course of the day, I find this very handy.

Got this in mr. meringue for my undereyes - made me look less fatigued. Coverage is light. It will make you look less fatigued, but will not cover dark circles as well as concealers with more coverage. Two lippies off for the price and packaging. Not a fan of the pen dispenser - makes it hard to control product. Any unused amount dries up in the brush and goes to waste. Also wish it had more coverage. When I layered it on for more coverage, it looked crepe-y and unnatural.

I prefer Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place concealer to highlighters/concealers like this. That one has superb coverage and looks very natural.

on 1/24/2010 12:06:00 PM

This is an awesome highlighter because it also conceals quite a bit. It doesn't conceal my very dark circles, so I wouldn't repurchase it, but for someone with medium dark circles this would be great. It's very creamy and moisturizing, but on the other hand it is quite expensive and there isn't a lot of product in the wand. If you don't have very dark circles and don't mind the price, this is for you!

on 1/23/2010 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

mister light is both a highlighter and a concealer. it's pigmented enough to cover undereye circles and it also has light-reflecting properties to illuminate/highlight shadowy areas. i like this because it's economical (you get both a concealer and a highlighter in 1!), practical, very easy to use, has a great texture (blends nicely and all), and is long-lasting, too! i will repurchase.

on 12/19/2009 3:48:00 PM

I love this concealer. I have been using the similar Guerlain issima for a while but I find Mister Light to be superior. It works great alone but I have very dark circles so I sometimes layer it over Time Balm concealer and find it works well that way. It really brightens the eye area but more subtly than the Guerlain product IMO.

on 11/26/2009 4:17:00 PM

I have tried several pen concealers, looking for radiance and to cover a spot from time to time. YSL TE was my first one and it was great until I tried Chanel and Lancome, which were wonderful (compared to them, TE was just OK...). Guerlain's one accentuated fine lines and had zero coverage. Dior's was nothing special and Estee Lauder's was heavy and cakey. Last time I decided to try Mister Light. This product is really DIVINE! I find the formula a little bit strange. It looks dry and cakey when I try it on my hand, but it is not! It also seems that it has no coverage, but a tiny amount makes spots disappear! It is very blendable and lightweight, it does not accentuate fine lines -it makes them invisible instead- and it has a very radiant and luminous effect. Any sign of fatigue in the area around the eyes is literally gone. It contains tiny sparkling particles, which are not visible on skin, though. With Mister Light I need less amount, and it is cheaper than other HE pens, as well! (25 euros here). It is my new HG highlighter. I am NC15 and I use #2 Mister Milk, a very light ivory color.

on 10/27/2009 9:59:00 PM

*makeup bag mainstay*
Mister Light replaced the YSL in my make up bag essentials from the first time I tried it. I was a bit alarmed at how dark the no.5 seemed, but the slightly coral tones really knock out dark circles and the coverage is brilliant without being too thick. Unlike the sheer and shiny Touche, this can be used on red patches if I haven't had time for a full face. Application is easy and efficient.

on 10/1/2009 7:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

i looove this concealer. i've realized that no matter how opaque the concealer, it will not cover up my dark dark purpley blue circles. however, this light reflecting concealer helps sooo much. it doesn't have really great coverage, but the light reflecting particles in it mask imperfections better than any heavy coverage concealer ever could. it also offers more natural coverage, since anything opaque is going to look funny. my circles are still visible, but they are so much less prominent that i doubt anyone even notices them...i sure don't!

Top Rated Givenchy Products