Almay Amazing Lasting 16 Hour Eye Pencil in Precise Black

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Ozokerite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Candelilla Cera (Candelilla Wax, Cire De Candelilla), Tocopherol, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May Contain [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510)]

on 2/11/2008 4:43:00 AM

This doesn't even last for two hours on my lids. I threw it away.

on 11/5/2007 4:00:00 PM

I just got this cuz my local drugstore ran out of Revlon Colorstay in black (oh the horror!) and it is working just as fine if not better as that one. Extreme lasting power. Nice consistency of color. And slightly smoother application than Colorstay. I'm fine with the sharpener. Basically, an Almay replica of Revlon Colorstay.

on 10/28/2007 11:42:00 PM

I kept purchasing this over and over again but I honestly don't know why anymore. It was my HG for a long time because it was the best pencil out there, and pencil was all I knew how to use.

It is quick and pretty smudge resistant, very water-resistant, and great color options. Plus, it's affordable. But I kept getting missed spots after reexamination and just couldn't handle that anymore. I hate doing my liner and then having to touch it up an hour later. Perhaps I just couldn't get this pencil sharp enough, the sharpener at the end is worthless.

I switched to cream liners from Clinique. They require a bit of mastering but I believe will be worth it. If you want a pencil, this was the best I tried.

on 10/5/2007 8:05:00 PM

LOVE. Of all my eyeliners, this one holds up the best! And I love that you don't need to sharpen it.. just twist it up! The lead is pretty thin so I can draw nice fine lines. Lasts throughout the day (even when I'm in class for twelve hours!)... love it. Will buy again and again and again!

on 6/16/2007 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far my favorite eyeliner. My first eyeliner by Clinique gave me severe raccoon eyes and cost twice as much as this drugstore eyeliner. I don't know if it actually lives up to its claim of a 16 hour lifespan, but it comes close. Towards the end of my day it does smudge a little, especially since I have oily eyelids, but overall it's easy to apply (I don't notice any major tugging) and it's packaged as an extremely convenient self-sharpening pencil. I have it both in the black and brown; I thought I'd hate the brown, but it's actually perfect for daytime wear.

on 5/16/2007 3:34:00 PM

I'm one of those people that use black eyeliner like it's my religion, and I have to say, out of all of the drugstore brands, Almay makes the best eyeliner. This really does stay on all day -- rarely do I reapply it, except to sometimes touch up the outside corners of my eyes (because it does bleed out slightly, especially on a hot day or if you're laughing too hard and your eyes get watery). But otherwise, I swear by this stuff. The cost is fair, and you can run up to any CVS or Walgreens and find it if you're in a crunch. I highly recommend this liner.

on 5/7/2007 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have used this product for almost a year now. I do not think it is perfect, because sometimes i have to wipe the corner of my eyes, the liner seems to melt down. also, it isnt as sharp as i would like it to be when trying to get really in my lash line. BUT, with this product, the smudging is so much less than any other eyeliner, and it pretty much stays put ALL DAY. the black is very black and looks great when blended with a shadow close to the lash line. I might try other liners, but this is my go-to liner, my staple until (or if) i find something i like more.

This eyeliner was ok. It showed up black at first but then faded to a grey after only an hour. It really did stay on all day even through water when i tried just to wash it off. The actual eyeliner kept getting stuck in the tube. at one point it took me months to get it out. and it doesnt really give u a thin line even after u sharpen it. more of a thick line which can look over dont especially since im only in highschool

on 7/11/2006 3:50:00 PM

I have this in Taupe and I like it. I think it creates a good subtle effect for work and it is easy to apply. can be layered on or under eyeshadow which I like.

on 6/21/2006 11:25:00 PM

i bought this today on sale at long's drugs for $4.99. usually i only buy my eyeliner from places like mac or shisheido but i decided to give this one a go because of all the hype surrounding it. probably one of the best decisions ive ever made in my life. i immediatly put it on when i got home and sat around for an hour watching TV, then i went to my swim meet[and totally forgot about my eyeliner]and when i came back home i went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror...IT WAS STILL THERE!! it hadnt budged a bit and i was so amazed that i ran back to long's drugs to get another one in brownish black. and when i got to the store i looked in one of the display mirrors and even after my mile jog in the major heat and humidity it still looked perfect! not even my beloved shiseido could stand up to it earlier!! wow im really amazed at this product and what its capable of doing.

Top Rated Almay Products