August 30, 2014 | 1774 users online

Polishes - OPI - Dutch Tulips

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 8:35:00 AM More reviews by sandra72779

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

yes yes yes....I love this pink...it's great shade of pink I'm a nc35 in the summer and yes it looks perfect!!!!! great summer color and I looks great ...O.P.I. never disappoint great staying power..doesn't chip....great range of colors....and I even turned my 11 year old in to a O.P.I addict...she loves it too..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by silverandsapphire

Love this shade. Perfect tomato red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gorgeous deep yet bright reddish pink creme - I will always have this in rotation with my other reds and pinks. I don't think this would be easily duped in a cheaper polish - they tend to stick to your standard shades ot red and pink. Highly recommended for cool toned gals. I haven't tried this on my fingernails yet, but will do soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very pretty, blue-based pinky-red. It looks bright and perfect for summer, but if you're cool-toned, this is just going to look like another boring, slighly bright red. I think this would look terrific on golden girls, because the pink will really show up on golden undertones, and give that bright "pop" of color. Of course, the quality is excellent, as with all OPI nail polishes, and the name, "Dutch Tulips," is so fitting. However, I will add this to my collection of "looks great on other people" nail polishes. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by MDgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Are you looking for a beautiful bold statement for tips and toes that can be played up w/a nail design but still retains its drama w/out it?? Then "Dutch Tulips" by OPI is all you need! I was in desperate need of a pedi and wanted to make sure that I didn't scare anybody while trying on shoes later at the mall.
1. The color is a bright peony red-pink creme that is definitely bold and dramatic. It is absolutely beautiful and amazing when in the sunlight. I also had an intricate black & white airbrush design that brought out the color even more. Yes, I did try on and buy a pair of green slides that made the nail color pop even more! It's that whole complementary color thang!
2. The price is $8.50. I know I know...it sounds exorbitant but I have several other OPI nail polishes and the more expensive brands didn't even last half as long!
This is a definite winner for a spring/summer look!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by pelikandaughter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG polish - I have very pale skin with pink/blue undertones and this is one of the few bright reds I can wear - usually reds look very stark on me, but this one is just bright and pretty against my skin. I agree with the other reviewers - this is really a pinkish red, not a rose color. My toes are painted in Dutch Tulips all summer long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by anooshka

Love it. It's very close to Yellin' for Watermelon (also from OPI) but I like this one more. With the first coat it's just a pinkish red and bit streaky. A second coat makes it a shiny gorgeous reddish colour with a bit of pink in it. Normally, I hate this combination. I actually had bought this a while ago and was disappointed because it appears so very similar to Yellin' for Watermelon at first. But recently I figured I'd give it a try. It's gorgeous. Though really for such a bright colour your nails should be short and square. It can look really trashy on long nails. I love it. I have it with the regular rather than the pro-wide brush. ( hate the pro-wide brush).
I prefer this over YfW since that one is a bit more streaky, never gets as red as this one and chips more easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 3:35:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this color. Everyone described it perfectly as a pinkish/redish color. I'm a DDD and it tends to look more red. I like it w/my skin tone because it makes my nails 'pop'.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2007 2:40:00 PM More reviews by stilafanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful polish for spring and summer, it's a bright, cheerful pinky red that's not too bright, and has no orange undertones. I'm very picky about the reds that I wear and I just adore this one, I wish I had gotten it earlier this summer so I could enjoy it longer before the dark nail polish is pulled out, but I will still wear it, just not as often. I got it in the new wide brush applicator and love it, it's so much easier to apply and is less streaky, I hope that all nail polishes (did you hear me Essie?) will switch to them soon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2007 10:25:00 AM More reviews by jferrarese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this colour - like the rest said: perfect, juicy mix of red and pink. This is a year-round favourite and just the thing if you are looking for a "neutral" or classic red or pink. You can wear it with any colour and it looks great on toes but also good on the hands, w/o being garish. A great fresh hue.