OPI Dutch Tulips

4.7

on 4/15/2009 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I generally wear darker reds on my toes, but it was right before Easter and I wanted something a little less vampy and more springy. I dislike light pinks on my toes, so when I saw this pinky red polish on the rack, I decided it was a good balance between sweet and sexy. It looked better on than it even did in the bottle! Two other women ended up getting the same color done because it looked so dang good. I just ordered this so I have it at home for touchups. It is a perfect red with a hint of pink. Not fucshia or anything super bright, but a solid beautiful just shy of true red. It is my HG color.

on 4/2/2009 4:42:00 PM

Love, love this. This is such a pretty pinky red. It's bright, but not over powering on my pale skin. I have old formula/old brush and it applied nicely and dried quickly. It's perfect for spring/summer.

on 3/6/2009 1:36:00 AM

This is a fun, bold pinky-red. I'll echo everyone and write that it's perfect for summer with a little tan. I've gotten many compliments on this color.

on 1/2/2009 8:35:00 AM

yes yes yes....I love this pink...it's great shade of pink I'm a nc35 in the summer and yes it looks perfect!!!!! great summer color and I looks great ...O.P.I. never disappoint great staying power..doesn't chip....great range of colors....and I even turned my 11 year old in to a O.P.I addict...she loves it too..

Love this shade. Perfect tomato red.

on 6/11/2008 8:11:00 AM

Gorgeous deep yet bright reddish pink creme - I will always have this in rotation with my other reds and pinks. I don't think this would be easily duped in a cheaper polish - they tend to stick to your standard shades ot red and pink. Highly recommended for cool toned gals. I haven't tried this on my fingernails yet, but will do soon.

on 6/10/2008 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a very pretty, blue-based pinky-red. It looks bright and perfect for summer, but if you're cool-toned, this is just going to look like another boring, slighly bright red. I think this would look terrific on golden girls, because the pink will really show up on golden undertones, and give that bright "pop" of color. Of course, the quality is excellent, as with all OPI nail polishes, and the name, "Dutch Tulips," is so fitting. However, I will add this to my collection of "looks great on other people" nail polishes. Sigh.

on 6/8/2008 9:47:00 PM

Are you looking for a beautiful bold statement for tips and toes that can be played up w/a nail design but still retains its drama w/out it?? Then "Dutch Tulips" by OPI is all you need! I was in desperate need of a pedi and wanted to make sure that I didn't scare anybody while trying on shoes later at the mall.
1. The color is a bright peony red-pink creme that is definitely bold and dramatic. It is absolutely beautiful and amazing when in the sunlight. I also had an intricate black & white airbrush design that brought out the color even more. Yes, I did try on and buy a pair of green slides that made the nail color pop even more! It's that whole complementary color thang!
2. The price is $8.50. I know I know...it sounds exorbitant but I have several other OPI nail polishes and the more expensive brands didn't even last half as long!
This is a definite winner for a spring/summer look!

This is my HG polish - I have very pale skin with pink/blue undertones and this is one of the few bright reds I can wear - usually reds look very stark on me, but this one is just bright and pretty against my skin. I agree with the other reviewers - this is really a pinkish red, not a rose color. My toes are painted in Dutch Tulips all summer long.

on 2/20/2008 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Love it. It's very close to Yellin' for Watermelon (also from OPI) but I like this one more. With the first coat it's just a pinkish red and bit streaky. A second coat makes it a shiny gorgeous reddish colour with a bit of pink in it. Normally, I hate this combination. I actually had bought this a while ago and was disappointed because it appears so very similar to Yellin' for Watermelon at first. But recently I figured I'd give it a try. It's gorgeous. Though really for such a bright colour your nails should be short and square. It can look really trashy on long nails. I love it. I have it with the regular rather than the pro-wide brush. ( hate the pro-wide brush).
I prefer this over YfW since that one is a bit more streaky, never gets as red as this one and chips more easily.

Top Rated OPI Products