L'Occitane Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-4, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocamide Mea, Propylene Glycol Butyl Ether, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Aqua/Water, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool

on 7/11/2010 8:48:00 PM

Excellent oil to use for shaving. Much better than the commercial shaving gels. I never get cut anymore and my legs are softer. I don't like the smell though. Too strong for the rest of the body but just for shaving I put up with it because it works really well.

on 7/9/2010 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

everything lovely that has been said about this is so true. there is something very magical and luxurious about this transformative oil-into-lather. you know it's good if macho-contracter boyfriend will use it and gladly smell like a tunisian queen for an hour or so! i never waste this on shower puffs or loofahs- it is really a sensuous experience to rub it in with your hands. the smell is amazing and unique, and it leaves my skin feeling loovvvely. sometimes i will use this AFTER a different body cleanser just to experience it more often. i definitely always want a bottle around.
however, i will caution you: the top of the bottle is some sort of aluminium or metal i think-- i dropped it in the shower one day and part of it bent so i cannot close the cap. oh well; an excuse to buy another bottle to travel with!!

on 2/1/2010 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

WARNING! THIS STUFF IS ADDICTING! I love how it feels on my skin! I use this stuff EVERYDAY! And my boyfriend can tell u how soft my skin is thanks to L'Occitane's almond line! It's the best stuff ever! Only problem is that it's a little pricey $22 for a tiny 8.4 fl oz bottle, but I think with these results it's DEF worth the price! If you are looking to get a great deal on these I believe QVC and Nordstroms(during their semi annual sales) have really good prices on them.

on 11/15/2009 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the few shower washes that doesnt make my skin flake. It smells very nice, and the consistency is silky. Unfortunately it is very expensive....But I do like that L'Occitane uses organic plant extracts in their products. I think the cheapest you get this in a webstore is GBP 15.

on 11/6/2009 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is one of the best products I've ever found, period.
I will continue to buy this for years to come... HG!!

on 10/25/2009 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love both this and the grape seed shower oils from L'Occitane. I tried this one first and fell in love with the product as it made such a difference on my dry, sensitive skin and is fab to shave with. The grape seed one I used during my pregnancy and just after giving birth as the grape seed extract helps with water retention and my feet/ankles were extremely swollen (the L'Occitane Grape Seed Anti-Water Retention Gel is fantastic for that). I loved the smell of the almond one but after trying the grape one I think I prefer the smell of that one more. The grape smells sweet and fruity, but a natural smell, whereas the almond one just smells sweet IMO. Because of the design of the twist cap dispenser in the 400ml size and the flip cap on the 250ml size, you do end up pouring too much out the bottle, making the bottle messy and wasting some, so a pump dispenser would be better. I find the oil lathers well, but not giving loads of bubbles which some people may prefer. The best use is when shaving as the razor glides so well over the product, giving a closer shave. The almond shower oil does make skin feel slightly more moisturised (but only slightly), so I think I prefer the grape one based on smell. I do think it is quite expensive and it's something I use to pamper myself, rather than as a daily shower product.

on 10/20/2009 2:15:00 PM

I like this. It's an excellent alternative to shaving foam, smells lovely and hydrates the skin. It's a shame it's so expensive...

on 10/20/2009 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this from L'Occitane store in Norway, the price was a bit high for a shower oil/sope.

I really like this shower oil from the first wash. It smells heavnly great, even thoug it doesn't last that lone, desepear after 2 hours or so. It can use both for women og menn, there ain't no nasty ingredients like SLS, parabens, lanolin or mineral oil. I think that's why the price are quited high. I give some moisturizer but not that much that you can drope bodylotion/cream, but maybe in the summer, something around June to August here in Scandinavia. It don't foam that much as I thought it would be, but that doesn't bother me at all, and it actually works OK as a shaving oil, I like to mix it with my other shaving gel that doesn't foam, and it is actually sensitive enough to use "down there". The only bad thing about this is that the price is high if you use this shower oil everyday (and I do), and it won't give that much moisturizer in the winter.

Recomended to everyone to give it a try :)

on 9/30/2009 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this cleansing and shower oil is super luxurious and smells very subtle but amazingly sexy, a subtle flowery almond ish smell that lingers for a while but not overbearing or empowering. most of all this is very moisturizing and perfect for those that want your skin to feel uber smooth but not heavy or sticky. the only gripe is the price and doesnt foam so more is needed to lather which constitutes to needing to buy new ones quick. i really like this product but only use it when i want that extra luxury relaxation and moisturizing experience because of the high price tag in such a small bottle.

on 8/16/2009 2:22:00 PM

I love foaming oil body washes and was a long time user of nivea foaming shower oil ( which I can't find anywhere any more :-( ) This one isn't bad but I couldn't bring myself to rate it higher than 3 lippies because it beats my old nivea favorite only on smell and costs about 5 times more. I might buy this again but only if I can't find another foaming oil product at a lower price. I used this up pretty quickly as I use it as an everyday product. It is a nice product but at 15.00 I feel it's a bit overpriced for what it is.