October 2, 2014 | 1829 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by MackiesMummy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love both this and the grape seed shower oils from L'Occitane. I tried this one first and fell in love with the product as it made such a difference on my dry, sensitive skin and is fab to shave with. The grape seed one I used during my pregnancy and just after giving birth as the grape seed extract helps with water retention and my feet/ankles were extremely swollen (the L'Occitane Grape Seed Anti-Water Retention Gel is fantastic for that). I loved the smell of the almond one but after trying the grape one I think I prefer the smell of that one more. The grape smells sweet and fruity, but a natural smell, whereas the almond one just smells sweet IMO. Because of the design of the twist cap dispenser in the 400ml size and the flip cap on the 250ml size, you do end up pouring too much out the bottle, making the bottle messy and wasting some, so a pump dispenser would be better. I find the oil lathers well, but not giving loads of bubbles which some people may prefer. The best use is when shaving as the razor glides so well over the product, giving a closer shave. The almond shower oil does make skin feel slightly more moisturised (but only slightly), so I think I prefer the grape one based on smell. I do think it is quite expensive and it's something I use to pamper myself, rather than as a daily shower product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by artfag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I like this. It's an excellent alternative to shaving foam, smells lovely and hydrates the skin. It's a shame it's so expensive...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by kokomacola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this from L'Occitane store in Norway, the price was a bit high for a shower oil/sope.

I really like this shower oil from the first wash. It smells heavnly great, even thoug it doesn't last that lone, desepear after 2 hours or so. It can use both for women og menn, there ain't no nasty ingredients like SLS, parabens, lanolin or mineral oil. I think that's why the price are quited high. I give some moisturizer but not that much that you can drope bodylotion/cream, but maybe in the summer, something around June to August here in Scandinavia. It don't foam that much as I thought it would be, but that doesn't bother me at all, and it actually works OK as a shaving oil, I like to mix it with my other shaving gel that doesn't foam, and it is actually sensitive enough to use "down there". The only bad thing about this is that the price is high if you use this shower oil everyday (and I do), and it won't give that much moisturizer in the winter.

Recomended to everyone to give it a try :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by cyau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this cleansing and shower oil is super luxurious and smells very subtle but amazingly sexy, a subtle flowery almond ish smell that lingers for a while but not overbearing or empowering. most of all this is very moisturizing and perfect for those that want your skin to feel uber smooth but not heavy or sticky. the only gripe is the price and doesnt foam so more is needed to lather which constitutes to needing to buy new ones quick. i really like this product but only use it when i want that extra luxury relaxation and moisturizing experience because of the high price tag in such a small bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Kcairns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love foaming oil body washes and was a long time user of nivea foaming shower oil ( which I can't find anywhere any more :-( ) This one isn't bad but I couldn't bring myself to rate it higher than 3 lippies because it beats my old nivea favorite only on smell and costs about 5 times more. I might buy this again but only if I can't find another foaming oil product at a lower price. I used this up pretty quickly as I use it as an everyday product. It is a nice product but at £15.00 I feel it's a bit overpriced for what it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by jekkah

I use this as a shaving oil for my legs and I love it! It smells wonderful and lathers up nicely (not as much as a traditional body wash, though, so it may take some getting used to). I get a close shave, but the best part is how moisturized and soothed my legs feel after shaving with this. I usually get dry, flaky, bumpy legs after shaving, but with this I don't even need lotion after shaving!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by biankaa

Absolutely love this product for shaving. I don't use it as a cleansing gel or shower oil just for shaving. My legs used to have this nasty problem of rashes etc when shaving this is the "only" product I have used that makes my legs super smooth and hydrated and smells divine too. Love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by elizabethmichelle

This is a fantastic shower gel for added moisture and possibly the nicest shower gel I've used!! I end up needing a good 3 squirts on my shower puff so it's not going to last longer than a couple of weeks AT MOST.

Sadly the price does not justify the equivalent of one cup for $32AUD.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pure heaven! Great for cleansing parched winter skin. I also use it by itself to shave (best I have used) and also from time to time to wash my face. No breakouts at all. Love it doesn't make everything greasy in the shower. Pricey but since it's so phenomenal & pulls double duty, I won't cringe too much when repurchasing. Also one bottle lasted me nearly 4 months. I would highly recommend this and think it would make a great gift.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by carita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like it very much. I purchased travel size bottle (75mL) together with Grape shower oil. It has almost the same ingredients as Grape shower oil, the only difference is the scent. In this case scent is very warm and sweet, like almond. While the scent is ok during winter, I donít think I would like it during summer (I find the scent of Grape showe oil a bit peculiar, but much more refreshing than the scent of Almond shower oil). It also moisturizes just as good as Grape shower oil.