September 19, 2014 | 1815 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Citrus Facial Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by djchera69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product!! Organic natural and leaves my face soft and exfoliated. I do use this after I wash my face with a salicylic acid scrub because my face is acne prone. I finally found a good regimen for my face.
Update 9/25/11 Still using this scrub, still love it! Do not have to use a salicylic acid wash anymore! My face is clear with almost no breakouts (except for the hormonal ones here and there) I use this scrub every night! I have never had such clear skin before this scrub. I did however take about 4 months of using it to clear my face completely so patience is key!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2010 8:05:00 AM More reviews by kookykabooky

In a word, yuck. I bought this scrub in the recommendation of my fave youtube guru, Kandee Johnson. She uses this every day. I scrub my face every day as well, but I am always switching up my scrubs, looking for that HG. This is NOT it. I do appreciate the all natural aspect, but that is all. It is crumbly and hard to scoop out of the jar. It smells weird, like cloves, which I personally do not like. There is no foam or lather either, which I am not used to. This is going back to the store. I will continue my search!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by slew84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a back to school burts bees package. I'm so happy I did not buy a full size. Its so crumbly there was more on the counter than my face. The pakaging sucks ( who wants to dig in a jar to put this on your face) after using it my face felt oily. I tossed this after the 1st use.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by janetrachel75

I want to like Burt's Bees products. I really do. I have received a lot a sampler kits as gifts, and every time I am excited to try a more natural product. But, sadly, I am always disappointed.

This scrub is terrible. Thick, difficult to spread. I felt like I was playing tug of war with my face trying to get it on. After rinsing, my face felt dirty and coated with a film. Really nasty stuff... I only tried it once and never again. Went in the garbage.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by roxannemelfina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I haven't found a better face scrub, but I have had exfoliating washes that did better. It came in a set at Barnes & Noble, which I would likely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by shannon02013

I love this exfoliant. I have combination skin and it works great for me. It gets rid of any excess dry skin and is okay to use when you have a flaky dried out zit (gross, I know. But we've all had these)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2010 2:51:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Not bad but not great.

PROS:
-smells like ginger bread cookies
-organic
-not too rough
-cute container
-last a long time
-little goes a long way
-non irritating
-non drying, actually add a nice amount of moisture

CONS:
-doesn't exfoliate well, i think the grains are too big. I think a more fine scrub works better
-looks kinda gross, but really thats not a big deal
-messy application, having to mix w/ water and what not.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Update: Once I figured out how to use this scrub ~ I really like it. It lasts a lot longer than I originally thought. It makes my skin so soft and silky. The smell is a little odd, but if you can get past the scent it is worth it.

Not impressed ~ I had to figure out how much water and how much scrub to use. It is much more natural than any other scrub that I have ever used, and the smell is odd. It left my face soft and it doesn't "over scrub" your skin. I think it's expensive for the amount that you receive. I like my cheap St. Ives Warming Scrub better. I will use this product, but I won't buy this again...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Keagan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive, acne prone, combination skin. I'm dry around the cheeks with an oily t-zone, and I tend toward redness and irritation all over. This is my favorite scrub. It smells like fresh gingerbread, so if you don't like spicy scents, this may well be one for you avoid. (I love it!)

I am a great fan of the glass and metal packaging that many of the Burt's Bees products come in. I try to limit my use of plastics, and I really appreciate when I can find a product that works well for me in a plastic-free package. That said, even if you don't care one way or the other about plastic, there are advantages to the jar. It's very easy to get the last bit of product out of the jar- much easier than with a tube, and since I hate waste, this is also important to me.

I also like the fact that water is not added to the product ahead of time. Yes, it would cut out a step for me, but really- how much of an effort is it to add a bit of water to my scrub before using it? This way, a jar lasts much longer and I really like that I'm not paying for water.

This product leaves my face feeling soft and smooth- moisturized, not uncomfortably dry or tight. With regular use, I have noticed improvements in my skin's texture and tone, and the irritated, blotchy redness that other scrubs leave on my cheeks is a thing of the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by kiwikiwidragon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Additional Info: This is not a foamy scrub, nor does it leave that squeaky after feel. This is a scrub designed to be used after cleansing and makeup removal. Use a small amount, use your hands, go slow until you know what your skin can tolerate. This scrub is better for drier/normal skin types unless you don't mind the moisturizer left behind, this is the natural ingredients of the scrub.
I use the Orange essence cleanser and this scub together and they are fabulous together! again, after makeup removal.

This is the only scrub that I can use on my uber sensitive, dry skin. It leaves my skin soft and fresh. The small is natural and it goes away when you are done rinsing it off. I hope Burt's Bee's never stops making this awesome scrub!!