September 18, 2014 | 2018 users online

Hair Treatments - Aveda - Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Karla00

I use this about once every 2 weeks on my coarse, wavy hair.

My hair always feels so soft when I straighten it. My coworkers compliment me on my hair all the time.

It's expensive, and while I don't think it's worth $39 for a tiny bottle, I haven't found anything that works better yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 1:02:00 PM More reviews by kitty62

I'm thrilled to have found a heavy-duty conditioner that doesn't leave my hair too soft, fuzzy and impossible to manage. According to my stylist and the crew at an Aveda store I frequent, this is not just a protein treatment. It has plenty of protein but lots of moisturizing oils and deep conditioners as well. I use this about every other or every third shampoo and my hair looks so much nicer when I do -- shiny, strong and velvety-textured with a nice bounce and zero frizz. I feel like this really DOES something to improve my hair, not just smooth the surface like so many other conditioners I have used. I have a ton of hair, mixed textures, color-treated (just all-over color now, though it has been highlighted in the past) and prone to frizz, collarbone length with lots of layers. I blow-dry and occasionally do some light flat-ironing. I get great results with this treatment no matter what shampoo or styling/finishing products I use. After quickly going through a small tube, I shelled out $68 for the 16 oz. size. It's been worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by hulachic6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have thick curly/frizzy hair and this product worked wonderfully on it. Made my hair extremely smooth and easy to brush and blow dry.

Be sure you don't apply to the roots and rinse throughly. My hair was super soft and I layed my frizzies down rather nicely.

Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Colleen596

This is one of the few protein treatments that truly makes a difference in my hair. Every time I use it, my hair looks amazing. I just wish I could use it every day... for some reason the daily shampoo and conditioner don't work for me. I have fine, wavy, highlighted, dry hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by letyeu

This was a very good conditioner for my thick dry long hair but it is also very expensive. I don't have particularly damaged hair but it's dry because I blow dry and flat iron every other day. This treatment is not magic but I probably would buy again, if I don't find something else in the meantime that is even better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2007 9:02:00 AM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a waste of money- I thought this would do amazing things to my hair as it doesn't sound quite as damaged as many of the reviewers .Well, it did nothing special for my hair, it wasn't terrible I just expect better performance for the price. I will use up the tube as it is ok- thank god I didn't buy the big bottle at nearly £50 !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Friend kept saying that this "totally changed her hair and her life" and I was skeptical but after much coloring, straight ironing and such, my hair needed help. I took the plunge and am glad that I did. This stuff is truly amazing. My hair felt like straw or, really worse than that and one treatment of this and it feels so smooth and soft and pretty and swingy that I cannot stop touching it. I have wavy, curly, dry, does-whatever-it darn-well-pleases hair and dear friend was correct, this is wonderful. Expensive but worth every cent. I was gonna try Keratase but no need to now. I am fulfilled!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good Grief this stuff stinks. I just cannot get past the smell. It smells like it has been marinating in some sort of chemical for years and years. In addition, for $24, I thought I would be getting something that at least works decent if I can get past the smell. I just can't do it. I am returning this stuff. Shame on me for spending that much money for a tube of basically nothing but nasty odor. The best reconstructor I ever bought was last week at Sally's-it is called "Venetian Blends Masque Divina". For $10, it works better than any high-end salon product I have ever bought. And believe me, I have over processed, chemically treated, and very dry hair. And one more thing-I don't have to worry about the scent making me nauseous.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Marilena1978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe it… I am impressed... actually I am “scared”... I relaxed my already highlighted hair and in the last month I have tried all the treatment on the marked because my hair looked terribly dry... fried. I just blow-dried my hair after using this treatment… my hair looks so healthy, even the color looks different and the cut too. Forget all the reviews I wrote this last month. This is a miracle! After washing my hair with the shampoo from the same line, I applied the treatment and left it on for maybe 15 minutes, than rinsed and applied a good amount of the Aveda universal styling cream mixed with a little bit of pure sweet almond oil. Actually, I still do not believe the result I obtained… I will keep updating…

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by franceybobancy

AMAZING. my hair has always been extremely frizzy from damage due to constant highlighting. I used this three times in the past three weeks, and my hair looks completely different...it stays completely frizz-free and straight when it dries! I love this hair treatment!