December 18, 2014 | 1664 users online

Hair Treatments - Aveda - Damage Remedy Restructuring Treatment

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by lelaelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Still my favorite protein treatment ever, but in terms of an amazing difference Masquintense is my new favorite (I used it again this morning and my hair's even softer than before, just keeps getting better).

My old stylist used to do an in-salon treatment of this with me because I bleached my entire head from dark mousy brown to level 9 blonde with a tint. He would put it under the heat and everything (the heat DEFINITELY makes a difference, I even like it as a leave-in/styling potion, it gives great softness but also makes my hair look fuller like all protein treatments, which I really don't feel I need because my hair is mammoth anyways. When I was going for big hair and backcombing and a party I would combine this and pureolody super straight to have a HUGE mass of gorgous looking thick hair).

It definitely improved the health of my poor ravaged hair and I followed various Aveda salons around town because of it while I searched for my dream stylist (still looking for him/her, I live in Calgary, Alberta, any recs?). Really spreads well throughout the hair, smells great and there's a difference after the first time.

Nothing beat Masquintense anymore though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by ahu

I have ( should say I had, maybe..) exteremely damaged ,chemically treated and aged (long) ,medium thick hair . I insist being on blonde although i have quite hark hair naturally , and i have found out thats just what happens when you do that , plus want to keep it long ..So i sacrificied from the length a little and decided to purchase the whole set from ebay ,because it was starting to get to my nerves having to buy loads of inexpensive hair treatments and watch them just add up without doing anything to my hair ..I think it was like $ 140 for the huge sizes of whole set ..I have been using these for about 3,5 months now , and shampoo and condition almost daily , and use the treatment once/ twice a week ..Looks like they are gonna go for another few weeks .I think this is the best treatment i used over the years , i love the scent ..but its quite there so make sure you smell it beforehand , i will say . Leaves my hair SO soft ,it was impossible for me to comb through after shower without a leave-in conditioner before i started using this line, now i got rid of that finally. I definitely have less split-ends (had a cut at the time of starting to use the products too) if any ..I also find that it brings out the blonde color . One obvious complaint is the price tag ..so i will definitely repurchase the treatment , but for the shampoo and the conditioner, i will keep looking for a better deal somewhere , maybe..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 12:22:00 PM More reviews by deenie1499

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Its super expensive but it works so well. My hair felt so good after I used this I started using it as my conditioner. I do only shampoo maybe once or twice a week so this is fine. Its a really good deep conditioner. If only it werent so expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Karla00

I use this about once every 2 weeks on my coarse, wavy hair.

My hair always feels so soft when I straighten it. My coworkers compliment me on my hair all the time.

It's expensive, and while I don't think it's worth $39 for a tiny bottle, I haven't found anything that works better yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 1:02:00 PM More reviews by kitty62

I'm thrilled to have found a heavy-duty conditioner that doesn't leave my hair too soft, fuzzy and impossible to manage. According to my stylist and the crew at an Aveda store I frequent, this is not just a protein treatment. It has plenty of protein but lots of moisturizing oils and deep conditioners as well. I use this about every other or every third shampoo and my hair looks so much nicer when I do -- shiny, strong and velvety-textured with a nice bounce and zero frizz. I feel like this really DOES something to improve my hair, not just smooth the surface like so many other conditioners I have used. I have a ton of hair, mixed textures, color-treated (just all-over color now, though it has been highlighted in the past) and prone to frizz, collarbone length with lots of layers. I blow-dry and occasionally do some light flat-ironing. I get great results with this treatment no matter what shampoo or styling/finishing products I use. After quickly going through a small tube, I shelled out $68 for the 16 oz. size. It's been worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by hulachic6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have thick curly/frizzy hair and this product worked wonderfully on it. Made my hair extremely smooth and easy to brush and blow dry.

Be sure you don't apply to the roots and rinse throughly. My hair was super soft and I layed my frizzies down rather nicely.

Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Colleen596

This is one of the few protein treatments that truly makes a difference in my hair. Every time I use it, my hair looks amazing. I just wish I could use it every day... for some reason the daily shampoo and conditioner don't work for me. I have fine, wavy, highlighted, dry hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by letyeu

This was a very good conditioner for my thick dry long hair but it is also very expensive. I don't have particularly damaged hair but it's dry because I blow dry and flat iron every other day. This treatment is not magic but I probably would buy again, if I don't find something else in the meantime that is even better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2007 9:02:00 AM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a waste of money- I thought this would do amazing things to my hair as it doesn't sound quite as damaged as many of the reviewers .Well, it did nothing special for my hair, it wasn't terrible I just expect better performance for the price. I will use up the tube as it is ok- thank god I didn't buy the big bottle at nearly 50 !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Friend kept saying that this "totally changed her hair and her life" and I was skeptical but after much coloring, straight ironing and such, my hair needed help. I took the plunge and am glad that I did. This stuff is truly amazing. My hair felt like straw or, really worse than that and one treatment of this and it feels so smooth and soft and pretty and swingy that I cannot stop touching it. I have wavy, curly, dry, does-whatever-it darn-well-pleases hair and dear friend was correct, this is wonderful. Expensive but worth every cent. I was gonna try Keratase but no need to now. I am fulfilled!