July 30, 2014 | 1803 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Solar Powder SPF 20 Bronzer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2007 7:53:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for months now. Everyone keeps commenting on my nice 'tan'. It works! I have sensitive skin that tends to be a bit dry. I do not wear foundation to I just apply this with my huge KA brush before I apply my blush. This gives me a nice golden color without any shimmer or orange hues at all. It has not caused me to break out and it does not make my face shiny at all. I wore it all today when it was really humid out and I had no problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2007 7:47:00 PM More reviews by LeighGo

Great product! By far, one of my favorites! I bought this earlier in June before going on vacation to Mexico for about 13 dollars. Yes, it's a little pricey but, I can't blame them, its a great product. The color is perfect, and it looks really nice when I put it over sunscreen that makes your face look a little paler. It really looks like I have a sun-kissed face! I apply it on my cheekbones, forehead and chin, even after apply my foundation on. I use Mineral Wear Mineral Face Powder, another of Physicians Formula's product, and it goes great. But be careful of the brush it comes with. The small brush makes the bronzer apply on a little heavier, and it looks unnatural. Use a different, bigger brush.

I recommend this for anyone who wants the perfect, natural 'sun-kissed' tan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 4:44:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I got it in the Allure Beauty box recently in 'Light'. I'm not usually into bronzer, i have tried so few but the minute i put this on i loved the look. I am an NC30/35 with an olive undertone. I've been using it for a week straight, it goes on so easy, no streaking, no excess color, not too dark, actually the perfect color for my skintone. I esp. love wearing it over my Neutrogena spf 55 sunblock, it makes it look as if i'm not wearing sunblock at all, hides any white cast/grey look immediately. It stays looking nice and warm all day. I absolutely love it.

Update: Is this giving me breakouts? I think it might be, but I'm not 100% sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

nice bronzer. doesn't go orange at all. only problem i have w/ this is that it can go too dark on me sometimes. i'm an nc25 asian and i have to be careful not to over do this or it seriously can look really dark. but applied lightly and i love the natural tan look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2007 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Melhadjis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff i use it over top of my foundation or my tinted moisturizers I dont really think of it as a bronzer. There are not to many cosmetics that i can find and actually love and buy and buy over again, i think i own everything made by Physicians Formula and i hate a lot of it but, I think this is a really great product and i would definitely buy over and over again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2007 7:36:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin tones are pink/red cool *but in summer I can tend toward neutral if having a light tan. This bronzer didn't really show up on my skin very well. It's too yellowish/orangish on my skin tone. It is not sparkly. Price $11.00. Color is just off for me, so trashed it. I love the Jane "Tahiti" bronzer which still can look neutral on cool skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2007 10:46:00 PM More reviews by HKaren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Good product. I use the light bronzer shade. Really like the spf 20 with titanium diozide. Doesn't cause breakouts. Provides a nice warm color to my skin tone (think Vanessa Williams).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by daleysl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate to ruin what appears to be a perfect record, but I am going to have to give this product a big fat thumbs down. I bought the Solar Powder Bronzer in Light, as I am very fair/pale. It was too orangey on my skin. I went back and bought it in Translucent. This too was a bit orangey, although I love the way it smoothed and evened my skintone. It looked like a medium coverage foundation. I looked natural, but great. I thought perhaps I could experiment a little to come up with a way to even out the orange tone, as I really wanted to keep the nice coverage. But alas, by the end of the day, after only one time wearing this stuff, I had about 7 whiteheads on my chin and nose. I can deal with being pale, but not with breakouts. I'm not going to use this again, or repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2006 11:05:00 AM More reviews by gloria_conway

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading the reviews here, I decided to try this and am glad I did. I love the color & ease of use, but definately had to use my own large brush, the tiny thing they give you isn't good for anything. There was also a coupon for $4 off on the package, so overall, a good deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2006 6:41:00 PM More reviews by glowstix813

This bronzer is EXCELLENT! It's a d/s bronzer, but PF prices are really quite high so I normally buy either mid-high end bronzers or if I get d/s bronzer I get the cheap ones lol. I had been interested in this brand for awhile, but all the bronzers always looked way too shimmery for me. Today I came across this matte-looking bronzer and thought, hey what the heck...at least it's got SPF 20! I was expecting this to be a little to light for me, but it was love at first swipe! This bronzer has great quality- soft powder, not glittery or shimmery and gives a terrific sunny glow! I recommend this to everyone!