July 25, 2014 | 1749 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Ce Soir Ou Jamais

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2005 7:49:00 AM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ce Soir ou Jamais is a warm, beautiful, sensual rose scent. It opens with a distinct burst of pear that is gone within a few minutes. After that the scent is quite linear on me, but very beautiful nonetheless - an astonishingly realistic red rose note with almost a winey quality. It is very soft and elegant, and I love wearing it, but, sadly, it only lasts 2 hours on me so I cannot give it full marks! Edited: After wearing this for a few days I discovered Ce Soir does actually last longer than FdTRB on me - at least 4 hours, so I have upgraded it to a 5!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2005 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Sheuba

This reminds me of the scent of a winery. Not wine really, but the smell of fermenting fruit. I love that smell being a bit of a wino with a habit of touring local wineries. This is a comforting, nostaglic scent for me because of that. Every time I smell it, it transports me to my favorite winery which I toured with my now deceased grandparents. It's a happy memory.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2005 12:36:00 AM More reviews by cristaline

Starts off with a rich Turkish rose that holds so much promise. Drops of red wine seem to be administered to this potion as the composition takes on a warm merlot hue. The effect is gorgeous and matches the captivating name -- full-throttle romance. Thus, it is with great disappointment that I relay that my skin brings out a most taxing characteristic in the development -- musty sourness. The petals proceed to emit this bitter odor that recalls crusty old roses sitting one too many weeks in a neglected vase. However, my skin enjoys amplifying the musty, the musky, the sour and sweet (am I blessed or what?), so I highly recommend trying for yourself if you are a fellow rose lover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2005 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Clarabella3982

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this scent. I love almost all of Annick Goutal scents anyway, even though they're all uniquely different in their own way. But this is a scent that plays with your nose, hinting fresh berries, roses and a tinge of murky musk in between. One of my staple frangrances!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2005 3:19:00 PM More reviews by margotmargot

This smells really nice at first; rosy but in a fresh way. However, it dries down to a very powdery, musty scent. Edit: I now think this smells sour.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2005 2:01:00 PM More reviews by lmyeary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. If you want to be noticed by men, buy it!!! It is extremely effective.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2005 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Perfmavin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried this is one repeatedly, thinking each time that it might work for me. All I get is a sharp, edge-y rose that doesn't even smell natural. It lingers and deteriorates with time. I can wear most Annick Goutal fragrances quite well; but, unfortunately, this one doesn't do it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2005 4:18:00 AM More reviews by barberree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

mmmm.... the most delicious, pure tearose fragrance i've ever encountered. the primary note is supposed to be Turkish rose, but my nose smells only the most perfect, natural tearose. dry down is just as intense and equally-fragrant, even 8 hours later, as the initial spritz. the smell, with my body chemistry, didn't change.
this is a gorgeous rose scent for those of you who love pure rose on your skin and in your aura. i did not smell the other facets of this perfume, oddly; at least on me. like i said -- just a perfect rose. the bottle is a bit too classically frilly for my taste, but still, a winner. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2005 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Tammy166

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, in the bottle and during the first 10 minutes on your skin, this will smell like un-deodorized armpits. But after 10 minutes, it will smell like fresh, sparkling fresh-cut red roses, along with the green stems and all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2005 10:27:00 AM More reviews by lachaseauxpapillons

The best interpretation of rose yet. I don't actually liked rose scents at all, but ce Sior Ou Jamais is one of my favourite scents ever. It is very soft, very gentle, not at all heady as most rose-based perfumes.