July 25, 2014 | 1673 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I freakin' loathe this stuff- from the brush to product to the price. How did I get convinced to buy this stuff? Oh yeah, over zealous counter lady and a ton of mag adds. Ok, where to begin... It's way overpriced. There was nothing to write home about when it came to length, volume or curl (it claims to do all 3)- well, unless you consider clumps a thickening agent. And speaking of clumpage, I got it on my first coat?! That's kinda rare. Even my beloved 205 Mascara brush had a hard time fixing this mess. The wand seamed really cheap to me and didn't do a good job of catching all my lashes. It smudges like nobody's business and its supposed to be waterproof. But here's the cour de gras re my raccoon impersonation: It smudged an hour into wear yet I couldn't completely remove this stuff for the life of me! Being that I lost the receipt, I passed it on to my teen telling her I bought it bc it was written up as this new amazing #1 mascara- she tried to give it back to me two days later and said “mommy, that stuff sucks”. And in fact, it did... Now I know there are people who love this stuff but I just don't get it. If you are (like moi) one of those people who is on a constant seek for an hg mascara, I don't think its a good idea to shell out the big bucks on this one as I am betting your gonna be disappointed. Do yourself a solid and grab one of those Sephora mascara mini variety pks instead- its always included.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by peaceandhope

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara was a huge disappointment! I was hoping for more for my poor little short and straight lashes. It didn't plump up my lashes or make them appear longer, even after repeated coats. And the worst part was that it wasn't waterproof enough to hold the curl. For me, that's a complete deal-breaker. It's going back to Sephora tomorrow.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by OHNOSOPHiE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE HYPE. I decided to buy this on a whim and big mistake. This stuff is horrible! I don't get it! It does nothing for me!I had to layer and still, no effect. Maybelline's Lash Stiletto WP lengthens and does not flake 100000x better than this crap. It's so expensive as well! I curled my lashes with me Shu curler, started layering and was still layering 5 min later, NOTHING! The brush is HUGE, but I actually didnt mind it as much as I thought I would. simple tube as well but the formula is just horrible. Would never ever ever repurchase ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by jessiep96

I heard all the hype about Diorshow, so I went out to buy it. I LOVE IT. Although the brush is a bit too big, my lashes were beautifully seperated and there was instant volume! Also, IT CAN HOLD A CURL!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by ckn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll be brief:

Clumping - not at first, but after a month or so the formula dries up a bit, and you do get clumping
Smudging - On me, yes!
Volumising: Yes
Lengthening: Yes
Brush: WAY too big. I hit my eyelid every single time

Worth the ridiculous price: NO! I much prefer DS mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

It's not bad, but not very great, just as usual as other waterproof mascara,but i love the look. I use the brown, but the black one is better, but its brown color is very intense. It is Lengthen,volumnize,define and make your eyes become so POP.a little bit clumpy but not really clumps if u use it correctly. Easy to wipe the clump and it's a waterproof,the clerk said it's very resist,outside you wear it while you swim.I ain't agree that it's very hard to remove, i use a gentle eye remover from etude house and it works, remove this mascara easily with some strokes(as the clerk said). The price is average as any other branded mascara(but still expensive), it may caused of the size.it's BIG and BIGGER than normal mascara. has a huge wand. So, i don't think need a big mascara, cause it is just for 3-4 months using.But i think it's not really what i want. It will make your eye lashes become falsies and dramatic but i need a more natural look.It's good for overall.

Overall : Good...almost great(but not very great)
Price : Okay for branded thing and it's normal cause you pay for more than 11 ml mascara
Packaging Quality : HUGE,Sophisticated with silver cover and very DIOR,sleek and luxury--->Very good
Would I buy this one again? Probs.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by dessyd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Definitely a good one. No clumps or smudges and most importantly - it lasts! I've been using Diorshow Blackout for a couple of years and I'm still inlove with it too but it gets washed off quite easily, unlike this one (still I think nothing's harder to get off than False Lash Effect Waterproof by Maxfactor - it stays even after washing my face). I'm also impressed by the volume it creates (I'm again using it in combination with another favourite - the Shu Uemura lash curler). I might try something new next time, but If i don't, I'd repurchase this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by StacyBeish

Love this mascara. It really makes my eyes pop and lasts all day. The only downside, it takes some elbow grease to remove it. What isn't removed, turns into racoon eyes when you wash your face. I wear contact lenses, I have to put the mascara on first and let dry before I insert my contacts, otherwise I end up with mascara on my lens. Regular mascara doesn't do that.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by ali156

This is my favourite beauty product. It just makes my eyes pop and my lashes look so long and full I've been asked if I'm wearing fake eyelashes lol
It does smudges a little, especially after a long day or night

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by clevel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This smudges! I am going back to Cover Girl Lash Exact--the non-waterproof doesn't even smudge and lasted as long as this expensive Dior. Disappointing.