April 17, 2014 | 987 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by tayodea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this mascara as a gift. I love it! The quality of this mascara is superb. The intensity of black, the volume, and the length it gives me is just amazing. People ask if I have eyelash extensions. Only con is that it clumps. To ease the clumps, I just use another mascara on top of the YSL. It does the trick. Very expensive for mascara, since Imma "drugstore mascara kind of gal." but I would buy this mascara as a splurge.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by cremedumomf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mascara is the only thing I always use every day, no matter what, so I will splurge...bought it for myself and my best friend but we both had the same problem: it DOES smudge very quickly, feels oily and even removing it is a pain, I need to use 2-3 cotton balls and still wake up with racoon eyes in the morning - and it's not my makeup remover as that never happens with other mascaras.. it does give you nice lashes and its quite black, but I am disappointed and would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by GlossHappily

Mascara seems to be one of those things that really wears differently on different people. This one did not do it for me. I noticed smudges within two hours of wear, and I really can't say that about many other mascaras I've tried. It gave decent length and volume but it wasn't anything special, and certainly wasn't enough for me to forgive it for the terrible sin of crazy smudging. I have much better luck with Maybelline Full 'n Soft and MUFE Smoky Lash, although neither is my HG. The search continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by laapointe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really loved this mascara. My lashes are very short and they almost seems long when I wear YSL mascara. The only thing that i did not like about this product is the brush, there is too much product on it and it can get pretty hard to avoid clumps.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

I received a sample of this product but I've actually tried the full version as well and strangely found the sample to work much better. I probably would purchase however not until I'm looking for a change. I find that the smell is quite potent and overpowering and it does dry out quickly but it adds length and volume which is what I look for!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by idilb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm giving it a 4 but this is actually HG for me. I used to have light-brown, thin, medium-length eyelashes that is before blepharitis and losing a lot of eyelashes. With this, I have eyelashes again, long and enough volume to suggest that they're what they used to be before. There's no clump or whatsoever even though I layer like crazy and my eyelashes actually feel soft with this mascara. The reason I can't give it a 5 is because there's fragrance in it which might irritate my eyes in the long run and it smudges on my upper brow bone, a very slight, tiny smudge which you can get rid of with your fingers but you know it still does smudge. Oh and I can remove it easily but not as easily as my other mascaras. I have to use more Bioderma Crealine with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Lyshbabyx0

This mascara is expensive, but It's my favorite. It's black enough, non-clumping, and does a great job curling, lengthening, and darkening my lashes. This is definitely a repeat for me to buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Sophiavor22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

this product is an ok product. the product does give volume but there are many drugstore mascaras that are better than this one and are a lot cheaper. the packaging is beautiful though it comes in a sleek gold tube and the brush is not to big not to small just right and can easily get the lower lashes it also doesn't smudge. i wouldn't buy it again because it isn't worth the 30 dollars when there are drugstore mascaras that are better and cheaper

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by elisr

Bought this on a whim when a MUA recommended this to me when I was looking for a new mascara to try (I really wanted to try a high end one). I was originally going to buy the GA Eyes to Kill but went with this one instead because it was cheaper. I regret my decision!
This mascara is awful. It clumps like crazy, doesn't hold a curl on me AT ALL, smudges and doesn't really do anything for my lashes. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and it seems to be drying out too. Needless to say, I am incredibly disappointed. Definitely would NOT repurchase and don't recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by prettyandpolished

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this product. I have been a DiorShow addict for years but took a chance on this one. While I don't hate it, I find that this product clumps on me in a heartbeat. I am fairly above average in makeup and makeup application, but I have to really try hard to not clump this. The brush is okay and I like how black this mascara is, but I won't be buying this again.