November 29, 2014 | 1687 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Missmakeupgeek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I Love this mascara for the first 3 weeks of purchasing it... Then it becomes a cloggy mess! I love the smell and the application and how it makes my lashes look but it's becomes cloggy and unusable to quickly... If it lasted longer I would defiantly buy this again but as its lasting powers are not good I won't buy this again (after trying 3x)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Got a mini version of this product and though it's not bad, it's definitely nothing special. IMO. It's WAY overpriced, as most products from this brand are. The brush is the standard bristle type brush. It's very large, not tapered (which I don't like). The formula itself is nice but that's about it.
**UPDATE** Just noticed today that it smells very nice. I don't know why I didn't notice before. It has a unique sweet smell. Very strange for a mascara. I usually use Maybelline which has a rose-y scent. (which I also like)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Masha14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you are looking for nicely separated(!), long, soft lushes, and don't mind the price, you should try it. It also has a good staying power, yet easily washes off. One "lipstick" off, as I'm not sure if it will last, a new tube felt as it was not "wet" enough to last more than a month. I will update if it actually lasts 3 month as most of my other mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Mashooshka

I personally feel this mascara is overpriced because you can get the exact same look (big false lash look) with MAC's Haute and Naughty which is $10 less (holla). Plus MAC's doesn't have the awful smell that this mascara has. I returned mine the next day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by glitterandgold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! I'm a bit of a mascara junkie & have got through endless tubes of them, but this is the first one which has really impressed me. It gives an amazing amount of volume which just builds & builds, with good length too. The only downside is that it dries out VERY quickly compared to others I've tried, and then doesn't work as well, so you need to buy another... which isn't great at this price! It also flakes a little towards the end of the day but nothing terrible. Saying this, it is the mascara I keep coming back to as nothing has come close to it yet!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Audny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. I bought it 3 times untill now because I love the volume it gives, you would really think I have false lashes and you get great results with only one coat.
Now what I hate about it is that it dries quickly and I have a lot of fallout during the day. It's also very heavy on my lashes and some lashes droop.
If you like very separated lashes this will not be for you, it's more clumpy but personally I like that look.
The tube also dries out quite quickly but I find it gives a better result once it's drier (and even more fallout sadly).
I haven't found a mascara untill now that gives me the same look but without the negatives so I think I'll keep on buying it and hope that one day it will just be HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Tigerlily256

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Verb difficult to remove and broke my lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Wisteria005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara about one month ago, hoping that I could get into higher end mascaras. I really like this one, I'm so glad a tried it!

PROS:
The brush is nice, and it's not monster large like others I've tried.
The formula is the perfect balance of not too dry and not too wet.
Holds my lashes' curl all day
Hasn't flaked under reasonable conditions
Gives a nice effect to my lashes without making them look like I have 5lbs of mascara on.
Nice volume and definition - Of course, that's what it's supposed to do!
The packaging is very pretty, I nice two- toned golden tube that is some sort of metal it seems.

CONS:
It's $30, and since mascaras only last about three months, its a bit on the pricey side.. But I guess you get what you pay for
I wish it came in a darker black, I'm not too sure if it does..

Overall: A very nice mascara that's worth trying, as long as dropping $30 on a single tube doesn't keep you up at night.. LOL I try not to think about it!

Hope this helped,
Cheyenne :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by tayodea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this mascara as a gift. I love it! The quality of this mascara is superb. The intensity of black, the volume, and the length it gives me is just amazing. People ask if I have eyelash extensions. Only con is that it clumps. To ease the clumps, I just use another mascara on top of the YSL. It does the trick. Very expensive for mascara, since Imma "drugstore mascara kind of gal." but I would buy this mascara as a splurge.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by cremedumomf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mascara is the only thing I always use every day, no matter what, so I will splurge...bought it for myself and my best friend but we both had the same problem: it DOES smudge very quickly, feels oily and even removing it is a pain, I need to use 2-3 cotton balls and still wake up with racoon eyes in the morning - and it's not my makeup remover as that never happens with other mascaras.. it does give you nice lashes and its quite black, but I am disappointed and would not repurchase.