September 19, 2014 | 1749 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by glitterandgold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! I'm a bit of a mascara junkie & have got through endless tubes of them, but this is the first one which has really impressed me. It gives an amazing amount of volume which just builds & builds, with good length too. The only downside is that it dries out VERY quickly compared to others I've tried, and then doesn't work as well, so you need to buy another... which isn't great at this price! It also flakes a little towards the end of the day but nothing terrible. Saying this, it is the mascara I keep coming back to as nothing has come close to it yet!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Audny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. I bought it 3 times untill now because I love the volume it gives, you would really think I have false lashes and you get great results with only one coat.
Now what I hate about it is that it dries quickly and I have a lot of fallout during the day. It's also very heavy on my lashes and some lashes droop.
If you like very separated lashes this will not be for you, it's more clumpy but personally I like that look.
The tube also dries out quite quickly but I find it gives a better result once it's drier (and even more fallout sadly).
I haven't found a mascara untill now that gives me the same look but without the negatives so I think I'll keep on buying it and hope that one day it will just be HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Tigerlily256

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Verb difficult to remove and broke my lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Wisteria005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara about one month ago, hoping that I could get into higher end mascaras. I really like this one, I'm so glad a tried it!

PROS:
The brush is nice, and it's not monster large like others I've tried.
The formula is the perfect balance of not too dry and not too wet.
Holds my lashes' curl all day
Hasn't flaked under reasonable conditions
Gives a nice effect to my lashes without making them look like I have 5lbs of mascara on.
Nice volume and definition - Of course, that's what it's supposed to do!
The packaging is very pretty, I nice two- toned golden tube that is some sort of metal it seems.

CONS:
It's $30, and since mascaras only last about three months, its a bit on the pricey side.. But I guess you get what you pay for
I wish it came in a darker black, I'm not too sure if it does..

Overall: A very nice mascara that's worth trying, as long as dropping $30 on a single tube doesn't keep you up at night.. LOL I try not to think about it!

Hope this helped,
Cheyenne :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by tayodea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this mascara as a gift. I love it! The quality of this mascara is superb. The intensity of black, the volume, and the length it gives me is just amazing. People ask if I have eyelash extensions. Only con is that it clumps. To ease the clumps, I just use another mascara on top of the YSL. It does the trick. Very expensive for mascara, since Imma "drugstore mascara kind of gal." but I would buy this mascara as a splurge.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by cremedumomf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mascara is the only thing I always use every day, no matter what, so I will splurge...bought it for myself and my best friend but we both had the same problem: it DOES smudge very quickly, feels oily and even removing it is a pain, I need to use 2-3 cotton balls and still wake up with racoon eyes in the morning - and it's not my makeup remover as that never happens with other mascaras.. it does give you nice lashes and its quite black, but I am disappointed and would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by GlossHappily

Mascara seems to be one of those things that really wears differently on different people. This one did not do it for me. I noticed smudges within two hours of wear, and I really can't say that about many other mascaras I've tried. It gave decent length and volume but it wasn't anything special, and certainly wasn't enough for me to forgive it for the terrible sin of crazy smudging. I have much better luck with Maybelline Full 'n Soft and MUFE Smoky Lash, although neither is my HG. The search continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by laapointe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really loved this mascara. My lashes are very short and they almost seems long when I wear YSL mascara. The only thing that i did not like about this product is the brush, there is too much product on it and it can get pretty hard to avoid clumps.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

I received a sample of this product but I've actually tried the full version as well and strangely found the sample to work much better. I probably would purchase however not until I'm looking for a change. I find that the smell is quite potent and overpowering and it does dry out quickly but it adds length and volume which is what I look for!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by idilb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm giving it a 4 but this is actually HG for me. I used to have light-brown, thin, medium-length eyelashes that is before blepharitis and losing a lot of eyelashes. With this, I have eyelashes again, long and enough volume to suggest that they're what they used to be before. There's no clump or whatsoever even though I layer like crazy and my eyelashes actually feel soft with this mascara. The reason I can't give it a 5 is because there's fragrance in it which might irritate my eyes in the long run and it smudges on my upper brow bone, a very slight, tiny smudge which you can get rid of with your fingers but you know it still does smudge. Oh and I can remove it easily but not as easily as my other mascaras. I have to use more Bioderma Crealine with this.